6 (25%)
no
7 (29.2%)
maybe
6 (25%)
yes
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: off loving sucks  (Read 169810 times)

You should rename the thread to something more broad considering the way this is going.

you know the game wasn't actually about playing detective right
its rly just character development
at the start of the game the guy himself says that they're just there to find out if a vampire exists and that's it so there's not much forgets to be given about the "plot"
also the little girl is only a month old lol
also the outfit is just a disguise which he changes every game but u didnt play the rest sooo ya

i liked it anyway :(

anyway since the topic here is already rpgmaker games im gona whore myself out and say i'm streaming the spooky ones
right now i'm doing blank dream
u can see the stream here

im not gona be commentating or anything just rly playing the game and i might do a review maybe who cares fuk u guys i'm hijacking tis thread
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:08:17 PM by Maui69 »

i invite all of you to write reviews

which game would you believe has good turn-based rpg combat
Fallout 1, UnderRail, and Age of Decadence.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:26:29 PM by Harm94 »

so i played blank dream for like 3 hours
i only got 2/7th through it before i gave up

so the atmosphere and soundtrack is loving amazing
really well done
the character art is nice
so here's why i gave up: the puzzles.
hooooly
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
why does every horror rpgmaker game have to have motherloving endless trial and error puzzles
it was horrible
it was just cheap stupid ways to die for extra jump scares and stuff
god it was so infuriating to repeatidly do something and then it turns out you had to do some other bit first and forget knows what its all real cryptic too i hated it aaaaaaghghf
the characters themselves actually seemed interesting and i wanted to know more but the puzzles just loving killed it for me
there's really no point to having them, either
the plot is given on these "mirrors" you enter that are basically flashbacks since you're an amnesiac and are dead or some stuff
they seemed interesting but i only got to the second mirror out of like 7 because they're locked behind ALL THES forgetIN PUZZLES
god i really wish this stuff wasn't so prevalent

edit: i forgot to mention the scary part of the game
whic is to say
jumpscares
everywhere
HALLWAY? JUMPSCARE!!!
NOT A HALLWAY? forget YOU JUMPSCARE
SOLVED A PUZZLE? forget YOU CHASE SCENE THAT'S ONLY POSSIBLE TO SURVIVE BY KNOWING EXACTLY WHICH TILE IT SHOWS UP IN
ALLLLL THE JUMPSCAREEES
its a shame too, it could've really pulled off proper horror if it just actually used the amazing atmosphere and soundtrack for it
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:47:28 PM by Maui69 »

from experience, the problem is that it's much easier to insert good assets into rpg maker than work around its constraints to make good gameplay. i think anyone who's interested in gameplay over game story/assets simply doesn't use the engine to begin with

from experience, the problem is that it's much easier to insert good assets into rpg maker than work around its constraints to make good gameplay. i think anyone who's interested in gameplay over game story/assets simply doesn't use the engine to begin with

i dunno
one time i played this really really really old (like the oldest rpgmaker version there is) rpgmaker game called Palette and it had some nice gameplay that wasn't even combat
seems strange that it's only gotten harder now

cave story was ok
what the forget cave story was great

it didn't bring anything new to the table but it was a picture perfect side-scroller (barring one flaw).

i dunno
one time i played this really really really old (like the oldest rpgmaker version there is) rpgmaker game called Palette and it had some nice gameplay that wasn't even combat
seems strange that it's only gotten harder now

oh yeah, there's definitely a few rpgmaker games with good gameplay, but i'm just saying those same games could have probably been created more polished and  efficiently with a different engine.

you mean harder now because games overall have become easier?

oh yeah, there's definitely a few rpgmaker games with good gameplay, but i'm just saying those same games could have probably been created more polished and  efficiently with a different engine.

you mean harder now because games overall have become easier?

yeah generally if someone wants to make a decent game they'd get a better engine
unity 2d is actually pretty good for this stuff

also i was asking if making the games actually became harder
though all of these rpgmaker games don't really have any inherent challenge to them so i guess that might be true too

yeah generally if someone wants to make a decent game they'd get a better engine
unity 2d is actually pretty good for this stuff

also i was asking if making the games actually became harder
though all of these rpgmaker games don't really have any inherent challenge to them so i guess that might be true too

i'm not sure i understand. as long as the same game engine is still around the process should be as easy?

i'm not sure i understand. as long as the same game engine is still around the process should be as easy?

what i was saying was that the game i mentioned, Palette, was made in a really old rpgmaker version (2000)
yet these games made in the newest version somehow have worse gameplay
i don't really understand how this happens but its probably just cos i'm looking at the wrong rpgmaker games
and there probably are newer rpgmaker games with decent gameplay