Author Topic: I've just been diagnosed with Glaucoma (STILL No Surgery!)  (Read 28760 times)

looks like you can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Someone make a christmas avatar for Rigel so he can be happy

sssh, rigel still hasn't realised he's still using his halloween avatar

My left eye cannot focus on anything. I can feel how you feel.

sssh, rigel still hasn't realised he's still using his halloween avatar
I just haven't bothered to switch it back, and the sans avatar didn't work.

I'll take a christmas theme of my avatar or a pupil-less sans with a santa hat

Glaucoma is caused when there is a clog in the duct that drains aqueous humor.  The duct is located on one side of the sclera.  The sclera is the white color of the eye which transforms into the cornea as you move to the front of the eye.  Aqueous humor is transferred from the back of the eye through the cornea and then onto one side of the sclera.  If this duct which helps circulation gets clogged or small, the aqueous humor will build up causing an overload of pressure onto the iris, the pupil, as well as the lens.  The pressure pushes the lens back out of place causing everything to be out of focus because light can't be refracted through the lens properly.  The cones and the rods don't work properly as a result of this.  The distorted message gets carried through the optic nerve to the occipital lobe of the brain from there it will get perceived as something very blurry.  
Yeah.

I am crossed eyed and it sucks to wear glasses, and no contacts arent any better
Heres kind of what it looks like to wear glasses
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 02:59:53 PM by shamester »

other times glaucoma will just damage the optic nerve with the pressure, taking AWAY parts of your vision. I'm already like half-blind in my left eye. My vision isn't blurry, just missing.

except blur doesn't look that nice when not wearing your glasses sadly :(

I am crossed eyed and it sucks to wear glasses, and no contacts arent any better

Wait your glasses correct your crossed eye?

Wait your glasses correct your crossed eye?
When i wear glasses, everything is clear.  Modern science has not found a fixture for crosseyed people so i am stuck with glasses for my entire life.  I did have surgery on my right eye when i was 5 to help but it didn't make it go away.

other times glaucoma will just damage the optic nerve with the pressure, taking AWAY parts of your vision. I'm already like half-blind in my left eye. My vision isn't blurry, just missing.
Or this yes, damage to the optic nerve is probably one if the main causes if blindness.  There are actual viral infections which block the optic nerve making you go blind.

hooray for insurance
also hooray for surgery, I guess.

I'm going in for pre-op on tuesday, I think. I'll try to update this if I remember to ask. I'm gonna be stuck in Miami for 3 days for pre-op, surgery, and recovery.

hope you get better man. i really hope you get your vision back. having to be blind is a terrible thing.