Poll

which is better

85 (45.7%)
101 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Scenery's SUBURBIA  (Read 127930 times)

bump to let people know this isn't dead
there's a bit of a development hiatus at the moment because all my homework and projects are due next week and i need to work on them. i don't expect any work to be done on this until january
right now im making a .dll on the side that allows for client environments which im going to use for the coolest drug effects ever known to man
here's some pictures of me developing and these pictures are really interesting and i feel as if i should post them

be thrilled

we still need loops from non-mainstream music genres right now, we're being a little too liberal with the discos and we need other stuff to make the music more diverse
Note: Even if it's 100% benign and open-source expect an injected DLL to get your key(s) revoked, not to mention good luck enforcing it without having people whine endlessly about "muh serverside experience" (also, IIRC you can call secureClientCmds from the client side, you just can't fake them serverside, meaning you can probably cause clients to alter their environment settings with a regular client mod)

Notes 2-n: The basis of CityRPG is flawed and you're loving yourself over using it or trying to satisfy the people who play it; you're much better off designing a new game based 100% around the criminal enterprise thing that inevitably happens
No economic "simulation" will be good enough to justify how finicky it is, re: "government funds" and taxation
Open building makes the map terrible inevitably (and requires admin intervention to manage it, which has literally never worked, not since the original CityRP servers to Diggy's nor any other, due to favoritism and/or laziness)

* Build different businesses which are NPC-managed; separate gun stores, legit drug stores, hemp farms, even apartment complexes
* Extort businesses for protection contracts to gain money from their sales, forget over anyone who tries to muscle in on your contracts
* Rob banks, businesses, and unsuspecting schmucks for petty (or not so petty) cash - including cybercrime allowing you to rob other people's accounts if you can get the right information
* Steal guns and cars, sell them through import/export docks
* Embezzle funds from your group, screw your friends

A benign open-source DLL wil absolutely not get your key revoked. Do you have the smallest sliver of an idea what you're talking about?

right now i'm trying to figure out how to inject .dlls into a wine process (my vps is running linux) but after like 2 hours of searching around i can't find any way to figure out how to do it
which mean that suburbia might not have the coolest drug effects known to man which is sad
if anyone knows anything about doing this stuff could you please speak up or pm me if you have a solution

i know .dll injecting is frowned upon but i really want this client environments thing to be a reality for suburbia

ok ignore my last message i figured it out and the trick was not to use wine at all and just migrate my vps over to windows 2008

what have i done
and alternative charles thinks your vehicles are cool

to be honest i don't know why i stopped working on this

also we still need some suggestions for loops
we aren't asking for like .ogg files for loops all we want is for some of you to just link some of your favorite non-mainstream genre of music which we will then loop
for the loops right now we have like over 100 disco candidates thanks to charles so we don't need any more disco believe me

we aren't asking for like .ogg files for loops all we want is for some of you to just link some of your favorite non-mainstream genre of music which we will then loop
for the loops right now we have like over 100 disco candidates thanks to charles so we don't need any more disco believe me
frank sinatra! (that's life)

freddie mercury for especially hard times

a member of society feasts on the meat from a fresh kill

also that's what your env is going to look like if you eat too many corpses

remember my minimap generator thing
i decided to improve it

in this image every pixel is 1/8 of a stud
as you can tell its really pretty and it can be made to be entirely lag-free and still generate a minimap in like 10 minutes so i'm definitely going to be having a gallery of the map's player made builds updated every day or so on my website
also the roads are green because it is really difficult (atleast from what i can tell) to get the texture color from a brick but whatever that won't show up on the suburbia map will it
beat that siba

what ya need to do is to get some 骨架的 and start looping that