Poll

which is better

85 (45.7%)
101 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Scenery's SUBURBIA  (Read 128004 times)

Also when the chat is busy it's almost impossible to make the things the tutorial guy is saying out from the rest of the chat.
will eventually be fixed by making it so tutorial people dont hear chatter from the outside world but right now its necessary so players can instantly report bugs

gyt should probably change tutorial guy's name color in the mean time though
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:44:27 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

I think the most important thing the tutorial is missing is exactly how players can prevent the bad god events, because the bad god events eventually prevented most gameplay at the end of each test session. I know priests can help by sacrificing bodies to the pit in the church and by destroying drugs, but it's not possible to do these things easily while there are meteors and taser alligators everywhere. It would be useful to know at exactly what piety level this stuff begins to happen, but this might not be possible if they are triggered manually by the pope.
noted
Other things I'm confused about are how the new pope is selected if an old pope dies by natural causes (ie meteors or lava), and how the economy and taxes work. During the testing there were two popes at once, but I think this was not a bug and just a manual override by a dev.
hilariously enough this was a bug. right now pope death by natural causes gives the pope his position back after 15 seconds but in those 15 seconds another person can become the pope by going to the job window and applying for it. this doesn't stop the original pope from getting his pope position back though thus two popes
Also, be sure to introduce "Paco" as god in the tutorial. I didn't realize Paco was god's name until today so I didn't understand that when he talked in chat, a god event occurred. It's also difficult to interpret what Paco means when he announces a god event in chat, but maybe the messages are indirect on purpose.
paco is one of four radio announcers the mayor can set to announce god events to the server so rest assured that he isn't divine. his broken beyond belief english is intentional and if you prefer other more legible announcers try running for mayor and setting your own
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:50:54 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

4 am server destruction

There is enough boom on the server to produce 66 million dollars every hour. The inflation amount is ~$68294, all cars cost around 100,000 to purchase, and the piety level is around -10,000,000 and decreasing every second.

The amount of boom actually caused static shapes to lag and each boom now takes around 30 minutes to fully grow, as the schedules are being slowed down. Good times
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:58:21 AM by PhantOS »

It seems really difficult to get weapons or food when no one is selling them. It's also really difficult to craft food because you usually have to go destroy other people's crops first, and that requires a weapon and crop detector which also have to be crafted. Capping mines is a little easier which allows weapons to be made, but at the end of the test, the god events (taser gators, meteors, etc) prevented me from leaving the spawn area.
there are quite a few untested and obscenely broken god events that haven't been scaled down yet, most notably the cannonball one which apparently lasts for 3 loving minutes, and we're working on the resource scarcity problem
I tried to become a priest to help lower the piety level but the pope was crooked and I wasn't able to get a weapon and find/kill the pope. Maybe there are easier ways to lower the piety level, but I don't know how. I didn't know how to fix piety even as pope.
sounds like problems with a lack of explaining of how piety and the church works on our end
It It's difficult to get an interesting job because a player has to approve your application, which in my experience has rarely happened. I was never really able to go around doing cool police or priest jobs (destroying drugs, corpse processors, turning in criminals, etc). It might help if players could acquire jobs without other players having to approve their application. I think I became a police cadet at one point but I didn't get a baton and there wasn't enough money in the police department for weapons, tasers, vehicles, etc.

The mod is still really cool and I'd play it 24/7 if it weren't for school lol.
the problem with jobs like the cops and priests is they have an artificial player limit as they can't go overboard with equipping people with guns and stuff because they'd be broke. what likely happened in this case though was the mayor loving about and passing the military junta law, making himself police chief and firing all the cops so that people can just commit crime freely. there are roundabout ways to become a cop/priest if you keep getting denied and that is by winning mayor elections/killing the mayor and killing the pope respectively

4 am server destruction

There is enough boom on the server to produce 66 million dollars every hour. The inflation amount is ~$68294, all cars cost around 100,000 to purchase, and the piety level is around -10,000,000 and decreasing every second.

The amount of boom actually caused static shapes to lag and each boom now takes around 30 minutes to fully grow, as the schedules are being slowed down. Good times
huge thanks for completely loving destroying my vps

Could we have some indicator or actual looping sound for when the jackhammer charges? I don't really know when it'll start destroying bricks because the sound doesn't loop right. Maybe a middle print progress bar?

there's a little animation on the jackhammer where the pressure gauge charges up but a centerprint sounds good

huge thanks for completely loving destroying my vps
Just a little idea, you should make crops, public crafting and any suburbia bricks that cost money unable to be planted in the air. When you hack plant crops in the air, they don't charge you any money so possibly some of your untrustworthy admins might use it to exploit a bit of money.

Keep in mind that when someone already owns 20,000 dollars in boom money, the inflation causes boom to rise to 2000 each plant, so when someone uses hackplant they essentially avoid paying thousands of dollars each time

Keep in mind that when someone already owns 20,000 dollars in boom money, the inflation causes boom to rise to 2000 each plant, so when someone uses hackplant they essentially avoid paying thousands of dollars each time

woah, 2000 to place a boom plant? I got up to like $7500 by selling drugs made from boom, and it still only costed like $20 to place each boom plant.

What exactly is 'boom money'? does it count money made from selling drugs made from boom, and not boom itself?

woah, 2000 to place a boom plant? I got up to like $7500 by selling drugs made from boom, and it still only costed like $20 to place each boom plant.

What exactly is 'boom money'? does it count money made from selling drugs made from boom, and not boom itself?
I think the boom base cost is $5. Inflation essentially multiplies all goods by whatever the inflation estimate is (i think) so if the inflation is $2 then boom will cost $10 per plant. If the inflation is $100 dollars then each boom will cost $500.

Inflation increases as more people have more money, so the richer the entire server the more these goods cost to buy. The bad part about inflation is that everything becomes more expensive but we all earn the same paycheck so it becomes impossible to buy vehicles, drugs and crops, effectively making the rest of the server poor. Also 'boom money' is money made from selling boom.

The armored van costs 80,000 to purchase when i'm on the server. When i'm not it's around 100 i think

Can someone post the link to the online help guide? I lost it.

I think the boom base cost is $5. Inflation essentially multiplies all goods by whatever the inflation estimate is (i think) so if the inflation is $2 then boom will cost $10 per plant. If the inflation is $100 dollars then each boom will cost $500.

Inflation increases as more people have more money, so the richer the entire server the more these goods cost to buy. The bad part about inflation is that everything becomes more expensive but we all earn the same paycheck so it becomes impossible to buy vehicles, drugs and crops, effectively making the rest of the server poor. Also 'boom money' is money made from selling boom.

The armored van costs 80,000 to purchase when i'm on the server. When i'm not it's around 100 i think
two solutions:
1. burn money
2. become richer than anyone else and dominate with all of the stuff you have others dont

2. become richer than anyone else and dominate with all of the stuff you have others dont

this is actually pretty easy to do by selling drugs when priests aren't doing their jobs by destroying drug bricks. I think police or priest have the coolest jobs because they get to mess with people's money schemes with constant shootouts.

Do /setpreviewcenter when standing in the middle of the island to make the server preview not have the tutorial island on it.

new item/resource drop system
there are 5 categories of things
-ore
-crops
-food
-gun
-drugs
all items in their respective category are valued the same and you drop 20% of all held items in each category respectively. this is done as previously giving all items a set value led and dropping from a pool of all items led to people having 250 undroppable drugs if they had other resources stored. this led to people with mines being unable to drop their drugs ever as they continuously got ore to drop. things drop from oldest to newest on the principle that you probably wont use your old ass resources if you haven't already
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 09:22:27 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »