2015/11/03 - Blockland r1972

Author Topic: 2015/11/03 - Blockland r1972  (Read 80463 times)

Aw. I feel important. But yeah,which is why we're developing the standardized system.

In it's update checks and add-on reporting for the server stats (as I recall), it sends all add-on names and ids in a single string instead of sending each individually. Just another way to handle data, since you don't have to worry about waiting for it all to come in separately.
so would it be possible to say temporarily extract the pref manager from rtb, fix this and use it with glass as a separate addon for now?

I am able to start a server with RTB and $Pref::Server::AutoAdminServerOwner = 1;, and join it with no issues.

If you're having a crash I'm going to need a reproduction case or console trace or something to investigate, otherwise it's just a ghost story.
It's not a crash and it has something do with the client side of RTB

i tested it out hosting a complete default server and joining with a default installation of blockland

once i put RTB in my default installation the problem occurred again

server log w/ trace
http://hastebin.com/moroyisiro.coffee
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:04:46 PM by Trogtor »

I'm going to miss wall-phasing.

Are you talking about moving forward at 0.1 to phase through walls?  I fixed that.

I just did it three times to see if you were being serious, it still works.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 01:25:34 AM by Col. Burton »

doesn't work for me
are you sure you're running the latest version

Works for me, latest version.

doesn't work for me
are you sure you're running the latest version
I noticed that if I were to go in the opposite direction (the direction squideey is going in) i cant do it.

he doesn't mean sticking your head through walls like that, he means actually walking through them, by just moving slow enough

I wonder, now, if everyone else saying it still works is thinking the same thing you did

They still seem to be actually referring to the ability to walk straight through walls, not just visually clipping through.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:42:44 AM by Pecon »

There should be a function/variable to limit the packet rate while ghosting, per client.

There should be a function/variable to limit the packet rate while ghosting, per client.
If this were added, probably also would be good to add a way for the client to request a certain rate (That would not exceed the server's limit).

I was able to physically phase through all the bricks I was able to in the previous version, not just visually clip. I'm on steam version rev 1973.

I am having no issues starting up server and using server prefs.

he doesn't mean sticking your head through walls like that, he means actually walking through them, by just moving slow enough

I wonder, now, if everyone else saying it still works is thinking the same thing you did
I would take a gif to show you but i guarantee you i know what i'm talking about. You type moveforward(0.1); into the console and then position yourself perpendicular with the brick, and you go through it.

I was able to do it on a 1x12x5, it's not fixed.

What's worse is that not only is it not fixed; but people who weren't even aware of this exploit now know.