how much longer do you think this game/community can survive?

Author Topic: how much longer do you think this game/community can survive?  (Read 1791 times)

If Badspot adds Steam Workshop support, this game can potentially thrive for at the least another decade.

idk, it's just the same pool of ~300 users logging in each day
also, hail sir dooble

Don't really know to be honest, the game is in a odd state where it can't lose or gain any players. I'd say a couple of more years or the end of time for the community to die out.

Also yes if our Doobie was gone then this place would be forgeted. So all hail dooble
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 12:42:27 PM by ThatDarkNinja778 »

when geben, dooble, and i die, we'll take this place with us

i was always hoping that badspot would find someone who would be willing to work on the game more if he doesn't want to. it would be extremely hard though since badspot is like the only person who knows how his game works

We might slowly devolve from a forum for blockland to one for rotondo's and baddy's games in general.

if anything, the website is going to stay up for another 5-7 years at minimum, this community has evolved from "just a game forum" to something else. sometimes i forget that everyone all likes legos. I am definitely envisioning there will be a spike in "I'm gonna get married" or "I had a child" threads. of course we'll still get new users, and we'll treat them just the same :p
i would hope that people would have good enough judgement to leave before that point

i would hope that people would have good enough judgement to leave before that point
Why do you think that's a bad thing?

As long as Lord Dooble is here so am I.

It will die off eventually.

But that will be a long time away.

when people stop buying blockland and badspot cannot run the forums anymore.

we might hop onto a new forum though.

This is pretty much how I feel things will turn out. Badspot has drastically been slowing down with Blockland and moving onto other smaller projects, so I think eventually updates will stop coming. Once the most recent update sometime down the road gets more than two years old, and people start getting tired of Blockland, I think they'll just start fizzling away. The dedicated forum users (like me) who just use the forums and don't play the game anymore will probably stick around until Badspot either shuts down the website (I doubt this will happen though) or drastically changes it to where no one likes it anymore.

But hey, I'm just thinking as I type. I don't think anything drastic, whether good or bad, is going to happen in the near future.

When I die I'm taking you people with me

When I die I'm taking you people with me

But some of us are alright

I'm placing my money on 5-8 more years for the game itself. As for the community, the forum will outlive the game. If Badspot flips the switch on the forum, someone will create a new one and the majority of the community will migrate there.

This community is something special. I sometimes forget this is supposed to be a forum for Blockland.