New Duplicator 1.6.2 | Now on BL Glass

Author Topic: New Duplicator 1.6.2 | Now on BL Glass  (Read 194010 times)

Duplicating bots with no item makes them use the default item; case in point, the Gun.

•  Output events to named bricks are only rotated if the target brick is selected
I also found out that if you've a named brick as target and if that brick is not in the duplication, it will still change direction.
So you went this way anyway. Now when I look back I consider it a wise choice. Great job!

Yeah, it makes sense - if you have one brick selected and one not, your stuff will be broken anyways. So we can ignore that and instead make it work better for the other two cases

Make it so that if you're holding ctrl, you can turn on your light instead of toggling mode.

[I found the save I was looking for, it wasn't actually in the dupsave folder which probably doesn't exist ignore me]

Saves are stored in config/NewDuplicator/Saves/

Would letting clients store saves be possible? It would be a useful alternative to saving the whole build.

Would letting clients store saves be possible? It would be a useful alternative to saving the whole build.

Yes, wanted to add something like that for quite a while. I just got something working for sending brick data between client and server, it can handle about 4000 bricks per second so you'll get golden gate bridge in 11 seconds :D

I found an issue together with Apartment, which refuses to plant selected bricks onto the apartment brick. It is entirely relying on the getTrustLevel function, which most mods should rely on, but I found out that on several places in both server/functions.cs and server/selection.cs you do the check manually. I could note people about this in my add-on by telling them to only plant duplications on bricks that is already planted on the apartment brick, but it sure shouldn't be necessary.

Would you mind finding a way where you could use getTrustLevel or is there anything else I could do to make it compatible with your mod?

I'm not using getTrustLevel because it does a lot of unnecessary checks to first figure out the class of each object, when I already know that I'm dealing with a brick and a client.
So my function is a lot faster, while also handling the admin override and stuff.

This is kind of a worst case for the trust check:

Planting the plate requires testing trust with each of the 1x1 plates below. My simple loop runs fast enough that you can't measure it with getRealTime(), but calling getTrustLevel(brick, client) takes 60ms.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 09:43:45 AM by Zeblote »