Author Topic: Why do grades matter/Education argument thread  (Read 8393 times)

All I did was take your argument and replace "high school" and "military school".
Which is an irrelevant point. My argument does not logically rely upon high school being good for all students.

My argument is that military school will not benefit all students, therefore it should not be mandatory. It has nothing to do with high school.

I think society is doing just fine without everybody going to military school. Unless you think 99% of people are disrespectful or undisciplined or something.

Unless you think 99% of people are disrespectful or undisciplined or something.
those dang hooligans on my lawn

My argument does not logically rely upon high school being good for all students.

Why should high school be mandatory then if it's not good for all students?

Military school is basically for like if you WANT to go into the military (or if you want to be disciplined and stuff)
Freedom of choice here, bub.

Why should high school be mandatory then if it's not good for all students?
Nice straw man.

That's not the discussion. You are arguing that military school should be mandatory, we are saying it should not.

I'd kill myself before I ever went to military school

Not every kid is going to benefit from high school. High school should be an opt-in system.
High School, which teaches you a range of subjects that I discussed earlier, is apparently less important than "character-building".

Yeah, okay mate.

everything is the matter!

except energy of course

why do you matter OP
because clownfish are a important part of the ocean ecosystem

everything is the matter!

except energy of course
E = mc2 bitch

Store managers can be replaced very easily.
High turnover rates are caused by bad pay, stuffty bosses, and unreasonable hours. Sure you want to call that a plus?