2015/12/23 - Blockland r1984

Author Topic: 2015/12/23 - Blockland r1984  (Read 142765 times)

Current research suggests that they are unable, proving your hypothesis false.

It seems more like a suggestion than a """hypothesis""".

Current research suggests that they are unable, proving your hypothesis false.
your source is misguided

your source is misguided
Literally just started a dedicated server with steam just fine, sure you need non-steam version to join, but it works.

But that's the issue.
I'm certain there are steam users that want to be able to host a dedicated server while also playing Blockland.

I've posted the method of being able to host a dedicated server and play with just one steam copy.

You also need -steam on the start.bat, and it doesn't have to be in the folder if you target it with a full directory, sort of like what you're doing with the dedicated.bat.

Code: (steam_appid.txt) [Select]
250340Assuming you installed BL to Steam's default directory.
32-bit
Code: (server.bat) [Select]
start "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Blockland\Blockland.exe" ptlaaxobimwroe -steam -dedicated64-bit
Code: (server.bat) [Select]
start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Blockland\Blockland.exe" ptlaaxobimwroe -steam -dedicated
client.bat is the same, just remove -dedicated.
You need a steam_appid.txt with the contents 250340 inside the Blockland folder, and then need to create a client.bat and a server.bat, with the above contents depending on whether it's a 32 bit or 64 bit OS.

The problem still stands with hosting a remote server though.

I've noticed an issue with the Steam version. If you click on a link to open a webpage, then exit the game, Steam will believe the game is still running until the web browser is closed. It's pretty annoying.

I've noticed an issue with the Steam version. If you click on a link to open a webpage, then exit the game, Steam will believe the game is still running until the web browser is closed. It's pretty annoying.
It's because the browser process was opened by the game itself, and is extended from the game.
I don't think there is a fix for this because plenty of other games (Through steam itself, on non-steam ran through it) does this.

The steam version should be opening the steam browser, not an external one.

The steam version should be opening the steam browser, not an external one.
The steam browser is laggy as forget anyways.

Could somebody explain to me why Badspot has stopped updating, as well as making the game open source to let anyone update it?

I don't think there's anyone here who is trustworthy enough to give the game "official" updates

I don't think there's anyone here who is trustworthy enough to give the game "official" updates
actually from what i've seen github actually works instead of everyone just adding pics of their wieners to the source code so

Garry's Mod uses a GitHub and it works out, maybe it could work out for Blockland too?

I just want to know why you guys are still posting in an update topic that's almost a year old.