Author Topic: StreamShark using speedhack  (Read 8541 times)

I agree Cca is a manipulative person. However the focus of the topic is StreamShark distributing hacks. Val, I am not posting for Cca's personal revenge with the chat logs. Cca shared these images with me and specifically told me not to share anything. This is my own personal campaign against StreamShark's malicious use and distribution of hacks.

I have not distributed any hacks, this is something I specifically avoid due to the consequences of it. No where in this drama do I see proof of me distributing, and the drama's original topic sentence was to let everyone know i'm using it. Stop trying to twist this drama in anyway possible to redeem your ego.

noedit: hot damn this might be the most unexpected backfire of 2015
Holy stuff, drama just got backfired? Double time?
I don't understand how anything backfired here. If anything, there was an additional shot fired. Everything stated in the OP is still true, regardless of the additional context provided.
After finding out that none of that was true he decided to tell Cca to basically forget off and threatened "spreading the speedhack" to everyone in order to spite him (this obviously isn't happening, either).

Take it as you will but Stream isn't as bad a person as the conversation portrays.
Don't get distracted by this bullstuff. He's still using the speedhack and tries denying/excusing his use of it in-game. He should be revoked and the exploit should be patched.

I don't understand how anything backfired here. If anything, there was an additional shot fired. Everything stated in the OP is still true, regardless of the additional context provided.Don't get distracted by this bullstuff. He's still using the speedhack and tries denying/excusing his use of it in-game. He should be revoked and the exploit should be patched.

Please enlighten me and show me where I have denied speedhacking in this drama? The OP is complete bs as far as the steam chats, but of course no one wants to hear the truth and add me. If you are going to continue to debate this, atleast add me and not be completely one sided and act how CCA wants you to.

and the exploit should be patched.
This type of exploit is actually hard to patch because it's a memory edit. Sadly this isn't one of those bugs that you can find and patch, this one will need work

It's also fully client-side so anyone can easily get around it by not updating BL unless BL's minimal version to get onto a server (or post to master server) gets updated

I don't think it's really an issue to worry about right now since we have other issues to worry about

Note: I meant to deny the spreading of the speedhack and clarify the interactions between Cca. It wasn't necessarily a backfire on Amir's part (as he still used the hack anyways), but it was meant to devalue the byproduct of the chat being out of context (which includes assigning a wrong personality to Stream and raising concerns about hacks going around).

Looking at my previous post I probably shouldn't have put "The way I see this drama topic... " so it wasn't implicitly accusative towards OP (it's meant to put the initial concern, likely raised by Cca, in a bad light).

This type of exploit is actually hard to patch because it's a memory edit. Sadly this isn't one of those bugs that you can find and patch, this one will need work

It's also fully client-side so anyone can easily get around it by not updating BL unless BL's minimal version to get onto a server (or post to master server) gets updated

I don't think it's really an issue to worry about right now since we have other issues to worry about
update the client to view server list (forced) problem resolved

update the client to view server list (forced) problem resolved
What, did you even read

I agree Cca is a manipulative person. However the focus of the topic is StreamShark distributing hacks. Val, I am not posting for Cca's personal revenge with the chat logs. Cca shared these images with me and specifically told me not to share anything. This is my own personal campaign against StreamShark's malicious use and distribution of hacks.
lol.
nice

need more proof? i have an entire imgur album
nonoedit: if cca knew about this, you can be damn sure that Amir is lying.

I'm sure Cca is part of the situation like he always is.

this speedhack can be disable
first you need to measure speed max of player
then monitor speed with getRandom intervals so they can not time it to avoid capture in logs
average over time period 1 minute (weight 50%)
average over time period 1 hour (weight 15%)

if >50% probability, ban

This is all client sided you know

The server can detect false positives mang