Poll

-

-
-

Author Topic: Overwatch Megathread  (Read 779190 times)

Yeah I'm still not buying into the whole "Supports are screwed by the system :(((" argument. Even if support players are getting less exp than the rest, it seems like it would be remedied by the underdog exp bonus to keep them caught up to their friends. The idea that your team is so good they don't need healing seems kind of flawed considering they track statistics like % of team damage taken healed. We don't officially know how they determine rank gained but I would bet on them using stuff like that. Healers also have other things they can do besides healing to contribute such as assists (Mercy for defensive, Zen for offensive) or racking in a ton of objective time (Lucio especially, but Ana makes a good cart pusher too) If anyone of the supports really suffered from the rank system it'd probably be Symmetra, but if the enemy team gets the first point (which the usually will) most people swap off Symmetra anyway due to diminishing returns on her usefulness. These kind of comments always assume that the healer is doing everything perfectly, which honestly isn't always the case. Believe it or not, it IS possible to have a bad support on your team.

Also since on average 1/3 of the team are supports and the other 2/3 are dps/tanks then it makes sense to have less supports in top 500. Of course there is a bias towards attack heroes which honestly seems expected. If non supports are picked twice as much as supports, a well rounded player might have 1 support in their top 3 due to preferences. I personally think the rest of the team is required to perform a lot more than the supports are, and in general are more skill demanding. None of the supports have a particularly high skill cap in terms of execution, except Zenyatta. If anything they rely a lot more on game sense, which is a general trait anyone improves to go up in ranks. This comment isn't meant to undermine the importance of supports, as they're crucial to winning any game. It just happens that almost any big play made in a game is done by a non-support, while support ults counter those attempts.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 03:50:45 PM by Proog »

love how they've made it canon with the new emotes that D.Va eats Doritos

also Zarya now has a squat emote
No she doesn't.

Has anybody else been getting a lot of background downloads?

Back when I played the beta, I'm pretty sure there weren't difficulty levels for the versus Ai mode, so I'm wondering if the hard difficulty is any fun.

ok i've said this in like 2 different places but when you see a blue rectangle stand the forget behind it ok this is a psa

Back when I played the beta, I'm pretty sure there weren't difficulty levels for the versus Ai mode, so I'm wondering if the hard difficulty is any fun.
I haven't tested this but I saw somewhere it changes like how much damage they do or how much it takes to kill them or something and not how they act so probably not

I haven't tested this but I saw somewhere it changes like how much damage they do or how much it takes to kill them or something and not how they act so probably not

So they're still super stupid and travel in one big group that gets blown up all at once. Will a legit PvE mode be added in to Overwatch someday?

Yeah I'm still not buying into the whole "Supports are screwed by the system :(((" argument. Even if support players are getting less exp than the rest, it seems like it would be remedied by the underdog exp bonus to keep them caught up to their friends.
All your argument is doing is telling the people having this problem "I don't believe you"
It's not like I'm the only one saying this is happening. Look on the official forums, it's all over. People actually are having a problem with it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 10:02:26 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

So they're still super stupid and travel in one big group that gets blown up all at once. Will a legit PvE mode be added in to Overwatch someday?

why would they do that

that's not really the type of game overwatch is

ok id like to see a new wave survival gamemode like the scene in the new bastion short where you have reindharts and soldier 76's and just kill the stuff out of robots

ok id like to see a new wave survival gamemode like the scene in the new bastion short where you have reindharts and soldier 76's and just kill the stuff out of robots
That sounds neat.
They need to do more with the brawls. Unique things, not just "these heros only" cuz that just gets old
The PTR brawl (female heroes only) is good for a few laughs shredding the team apart as Tracer, since most of her biggest counters are males