POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD

Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2177900 times)

i mean, it would make sense. they were elected because they said they'd do something. not doing that thing is false advertising.

Don't misunderstand, I am all for streamlining the legal process, but I am not in favor of simply granting people legal citizenship because they're being mistreated by employers. It shouldn't be as needlessly difficult as it is, but I'm not with the whole "we're all citizens of earth mayn" bs that a lot of people push.
So what's the problem with giving amnesty to people who have worked in this country for years and never committed a crime other than being undocumented? I'm aware of the fact that it's a) illegal, and b) they were aware that deportation is a thing. But what I want is an actual substantive argument for why amnesty is a bad idea. The fact that it's a crime is not sufficient when we live in a country where laws can be rewritten.

So what's the problem with giving amnesty to people who have worked in this country for years and never committed a crime other than being undocumented?
they arent white

So what's the problem with giving amnesty to people who have worked in this country for years and never committed a crime other than being undocumented? I'm aware of the fact that it's a) illegal, and b) they were aware that deportation is a thing. But what I want is an actual substantive argument for why amnesty is a bad idea. The fact that it's a crime is not sufficient when we live in a country where laws can be rewritten.

"the fact that it's a crime is not sufficient when we live in a country where laws can be rewritten"

Usually you make semi-reasonable points but that is just the dumbest loving thing ever. "Too many people are breaking this law let's just rewrite it" is what you just said lol
Anyway, we could grant amnesty to the people who've worked in this country for years and whatever, but I disagree with giving amnesty willy nilly to a bunch of people who shouldn't be here to begin with. I say we grant amnesty to illegals with dependents, old ones that'd probably just die if we deported them, and ones with no criminal record in the US. This does not include any potential identity theft. But then you have all these people that are now legal who will be able to use our social programs that they never put any money into, and that doesn't seem very fair. If they have an ITIN number and they've been filing taxes that's fine, but if they haven't isn't that kind of forgeted? Or tax evasion at the very least? Amnesty doesn't just exist in a vacuum, there's a lot of other stuff you have to take into account. Not to mention we're over here prioritizing the comfort of another country's people over our own. And make no mistake, as much as we love immigrants, these aren't legal immigrants, they're essentially squatters.
Some illegals should be granted amnesty, for obvious reasons. But don't pretend like granting them amnesty won't raise up further issues. You make them legal before other immigrants that are waiting years to get in? That's forgeted up. Yes, the system needs streamlining, but that doesn't mean we just handwave the people waiting to get in.

"the fact that it's a crime is not sufficient when we live in a country where laws can be rewritten"

Usually you make semi-reasonable points but that is just the dumbest loving thing ever. "Too many people are breaking this law let's just rewrite it" is what you just said lol
Definitely not, and you're being rather rude about it as well.

What he's saying is the equivalent of "Lots of people are being put in jail for marijuana possession, despite the fact that having marijuana isn't bad. So let's rewrite the law to say it's okay."
That is, actually, the entire idea behind repealing a law. If it turns out the law isn't working for some reason (Like if it jails people who have done nothing morally wrong) then it can be repealed. If what he's saying (that the law can be rewritten to make something currently illegal not illegal anymore) wasn't true then there would be no repeal process for laws.

That is, actually, the entire idea behind repealing a law. If it turns out the law isn't working for some reason (Like if it jails people who have done nothing morally wrong) then it can be repealed. If what he's saying (that the law can be rewritten to make something currently illegal not illegal anymore) wasn't true then there would be no repeal process for laws.
I agree completely.
Since we live in the modern age and we don't live 2 centuries in the past, I would support modifying the Constitution to meet appropriation with today's world, society, technology, circumstances, etc.

Definitely not, and you're being rather rude about it as well.

What he's saying is the equivalent of "Lots of people are being put in jail for marijuana possession, despite the fact that having marijuana isn't bad. So let's rewrite the law to say it's okay."

Except we have immigration laws for a reason separate than drug laws that aren't comparable? How do you compare legalizing pot to legalizing illegal immigration
We shouldn't rewrite immigration laws to accommodate people who are breaking them that's handicapped, they aren't even our own citizens
It would make sense to rewrite a law that's having an unnecessarily negative effect on our citizens, but why on earth would we change a law simply because it inconveniences people who shouldn't be here to begin with? As I said, I'm all for amnesty, and streamlining what we have, but the system of immigration is not broken outside of the bureaucracy involved in it. Want to be a citizen? Apply for it through the proper channels? Cant? Stay the forget home.

Seems you didn't actually disagree with what I said. Laws can be repealed if Congress thinks it's not a good law. Things that may have been illegal before may no longer be illegal, and Seventh was definitely not saying "too many people are breaking the law, so let's change it." That's all I was here to correct, so I'm out!

Except we have immigration laws for a reason separate than drug laws that aren't comparable? How do you compare legalizing pot to legalizing illegal immigration
We shouldn't rewrite immigration laws to accommodate people who are breaking them that's handicapped, they aren't even our own citizens
It would make sense to rewrite a law that's having an unnecessarily negative effect on our citizens, but why on earth would we change a law simply because it inconveniences people who shouldn't be here to begin with? As I said, I'm all for amnesty, and streamlining what we have, but the system of immigration is not broken outside of the bureaucracy involved in it. Want to be a citizen? Apply for it through the proper channels? Cant? Stay the forget home.

so far the only reason you've given to support the idea that they don't belong here is that it's illegal and that's what we've been addressing

so far the only reason you've given to support the idea that they don't belong here is that it's illegal and that's what we've been addressing

You must have read literally none of my posts I guess
I have no idea why I even bother, I need to go back to lurking this is depressing

I say we grant amnesty to illegals with dependents, old ones that'd probably just die if we deported them, and ones with no criminal record in the US.
This is effectively the position held by most liberals. So if you subtract all the rhetoric against undocumented immigrants, we're both saying basically the same thing.

i dont care if youre a baby illegal and an orphan, u are gettin D-E-P-O-R-T-E-D......

Heres a question that's been bothering me.

Why exactly do Hard-line Annoying Orange supporters despise Obama?
Just a question,