Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2178030 times)

the peaceful protester ethnic group

What ethnic groups is Assad trying to exterminate?

the living ones probably

What ethnic groups is Assad trying to exterminate?
Maybe genocide isn't the correct term but he's definitely deliberately targeted Sunnis in his atrocities.

the word isn't limited to ethnicity

Maybe genocide isn't the correct term

It isn't. So don't loving use it unless it is the correct term

but he's definitely deliberately targeted Sunnis in his atrocities.

Ah yes. This is all a ploy to exterminate the Sunnis in Syria. y'know, the religion that an overwhelming majority of syrians are a part of.

Ah yes. This is all a ploy to exterminate the Sunnis in Syria. y'know, the religion that an overwhelming majority of syrians are a part of.
I get that this is supposed to be sarcasm, but I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding what about it you think is so clearly unimaginable

Also the one that has very little representation in the government despite being a plurality of the country.

when you have nothing to argue about do you just argue about semantics? it doesn't matter if 400,000 civilians were killed as part of a genocide or were killed as part of a massive censorship plot by assad. it's still 400,000 dead men women and children

so like with Iraq

Also the one that has very little representation in the government despite being a plurality of the country.

Yeah, I never denied that it was a dictatorship. The thing is there would be far more civilians and militants against Assad if he was specifically targeting Sunnis. There is no way the minority shiates could win against the majority sunnies, they would be fighting tooth and nail against Assad and he would never take back any cities without killing half the population.

it doesn't matter if 400,000 civilians were killed as part of a genocide or were killed as part of a massive censorship plot by assad. it's still 400,000 dead men women and children

Are you seriously pinning every single death in the Syrian civil war on the Assad Regime? Are you handicapped? It's a civil war. Civilians are bound to be in the crossfire. Shouldn't the FSA be held just as accountable as Assad?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 11:45:23 PM by beachbum111111 »

Are you seriously pinning every single death in the Syrian civil war on the Assad Regime? Are you handicapped? It's a civil war. Civilians are bound to be in the crossfire. Shouldn't the FSA be held just as accountable as Assad?
i never pinned any death on anyone. however, the assad regime is definitely easier to point the fingers at considering they started the stuff out executing and raping protesters that they caught. at this point both sides should be held accountable

Maybe genocide isn't the correct term but he's definitely deliberately targeted Sunnis in his atrocities.

I just don't see how that's our problem? I feel like if we hadn't further destabilized the country by contributing to the rebel efforts we could've strangled Assad out through diplomatic means and Syrian refugees could skedaddle to other middle eastern countries instead of being shipped all the way across the world to usurp cultures their religion is inherently incompatible with. Assad is a real stuffhead but that doesn't give us the right to just roll into his country without even declaring war and start swinging our rooster around.

I just don't see how that's our problem?

We made it our problem already, at this point it's a matter of whether or not we're going to keep playing world police in Syria or not.

We made it our problem already, at this point it's a matter of whether or not we're going to keep playing world police in Syria or not.

Yeah obviously, I'm saying from the very start it's not our problem and not our job to destabilize a government, even if we don't like what they're doing, if they aren't posing a threat to us or our allies. We can send aid in the form of medicine and food or doctors or whatever but we shouldn't bombing the stuff out of them or anything like that

christ this like the "you can't be tribal against muslims because muslim isn't a race!!!" retort