POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD

Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2179898 times)

do you just drop slurs in casual conversation like that?

You know I do.

yeah the concept of language being offensive is prohibitive and dumb, but it exists for good reasons

no matter who you are or where you go, there are going to be things that are not acceptable to say. the social mechanism that forces you to recognize this is stigma and no matter how much of a chad you are, it's gonna happen to you if you use offensive language on purpose. (disclaimer: if you literally only hang out with people who don't find that language offensive this won't happen)

"I love you"

oh you got flattered? too bad theyre just words get over it

"I love you"

oh you got flattered? too bad theyre just words get over it

zinger

Khaz is either trolling or is legitimately handicapped.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:40:04 AM by Khaz »

epic reaction fellow redditor !

you take the moon and you take the sun

You gonna teach your kids that it's also healthy to keep creepy, obsessive grudges against randos on the internet?

Pot meet kettle.

yeah the concept of language being offensive is prohibitive and dumb, but it exists for good reasons

No it doesn't.

No it doesn't.
i didn't want to expound on something that didn't matter but i guess i already did so i'll do it anyway

language is just a means of communication. it reflects our values and ideas; the fact that language can be offensive is just a natural result of morality. as long as there are things we collectively deem unacceptable, there will be language that connotes those same feelings. we stigmatize prejudice, so language with prejudiced connotations is offensive. my inclination is to believe that people aren't upset that language is offensive, they're upset that they're being called out for it, even if they know it's offensive, because nobody wants to be the subject of stigma. that doesn't mean stigma is useless, it just means they're choosing to ignore it

white people get offended when i say eminem cant rap why cant i get offended when they say monday

i didn't want to expound on something that didn't matter but i guess i already did so i'll do it anyway

language is just a means of communication. it reflects our values and ideas; the fact that language can be offensive is just a natural result of morality. as long as there are things we collectively deem unacceptable, there will be language that connotes those same feelings. we stigmatize prejudice, so language with prejudiced connotations is offensive. my inclination is to believe that people aren't upset that language is offensive, they're upset that they're being called out for it, even if they know it's offensive, because nobody wants to be the subject of stigma. that doesn't mean stigma is useless, it just means they're choosing to ignore it

If a non-physical anything causes you pain you're a pusillanimous individual.

>when your wife cuckholds you so you teach her kids to say monday

white people get offended when i say eminem cant rap why cant i get offended when they say monday