POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD

Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2174434 times)

https://www.270towin.com/2018-senate-election/
I think as we get closer, it's going to turn out that a lot of those pink seats are going to be more competitive than estimated, and lots of those light-blue seats are safer. We don't have too much data on individual Senate races yet (although some outcomes are obvious, like Ted Cruz is going to win re-election in Texas), but there's a wealth of data on the generic ballot which shows a pretty strong Democratic edge this year.

The midterms are essentially a referendum on Annoying Orange, and he's pretty much the most unpopular president thus far in the polling age - so I'm feeling that we might have a big surprise in November.

who would make a worse politician, a democrat or mczealot?

That's kinda redundant

is the president autistic? why's he so forgetin worried about people "witch hunting" him or "crooked hillary?" if anything, it makes him look more suspicious of collusion or bad behavior in the election.
To play Devil's Advocate, you wouldn't be very happy if you were being indefinitely investigated for a crime which, to date, has no "smoking gun" or any real concrete evidence attesting to the truth of the accusations.

The burden of truth in such things is usually on the prosecution to prove their allegations, but the way the media and Dems have been treating the Mueller investigation is guilty-until-proven-innocent. They just assume that collusion did happen, even though they haven't found any evidence to substantiate those claims.

To rub salt in the wound, what would make Annoying Orange understandably irate is that his opposition was one of the most corrupt and unlikable political candidates in contemporary American history and as of this moment hasn't been prosecuted for numerous instance of perjury, mishandling of classified information, and using a charity as a front for a slush fund for money from foreign nationals, among other things.

Do I think Annoying Orange is handling his emotions well? I can't say I do. But I understand why he's upset and agree that the Mueller investigation is a waste of time and money and it's time for Mueller to throw in the towel and admit that he hasn't found stuff.

the way the media and Dems have been treating the Mueller investigation is guilty-until-proven-innocent.

I don't remember Annoying Orange being tried and convicted

To play Devil's Advocate, you wouldn't be very happy if you were being indefinitely investigated for a crime which, to date, has no "smoking gun" or any real concrete evidence attesting to the truth of the accusations.
They've got damning evidence on many of his close, higher-up colleagues colluding with Russia. Like you said, that's not a smoking gun on Annoying Orange himself, but it's a perfectly good reason to continue the investigations IMO. I guarantee, regardless of whether Annoying Orange was involved in Russian interference or not, if he fires Mueller it will be the beginning of the end of his presidency in the same way it doomed Nixon.

And it's not like Hillary hasn't been ruthlessly investigated over her own scandals, so how can any of this be considered unfair?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 12:16:50 AM by SeventhSandwich »

And it's not like Hillary hasn't been ruthlessly investigated over her own scandals, so how can any of this be considered unfair?
on a scale of 1 to 5'9 how short are you

They've got damning evidence on many of his close, higher-up colleagues colluding with Russia. Like you said, that's not a smoking gun on Annoying Orange himself, but it's a perfectly good reason to continue the investigations IMO. I guarantee, regardless of whether Annoying Orange was involved in Russian interference or not, if he fires Mueller it will be the beginning of the end of his presidency in the same way it doomed Nixon.

The difference is that there has been more than enough evidence to prosecute HRC at the very minimum for perjury, obstruction of justice, and dozens of counts of mishandling of classified information. As of this moment, she hasn't been prosecuted.

The difference is Hillary: We have the smoking gun but we're not gonna do stuff about it LUL
Annoying Orange: We don't have a smoking gun but we're gonna keep investigating until we find one

The difference is that there has been more than enough evidence to prosecute HRC at the very minimum for perjury, obstruction of justice, and dozens of counts of mishandling of classified information. As of this moment, she hasn't been prosecuted.
I'm not aware of any evidence suggesting she's guilty of perjury or obstruction of justice, but the US justice department deemed that it wasn't worthwhile to prosecute HRC for what confidential information was actually stored on her private email server. Neither of us are legal experts, and an absolutely massive panel of investigators and experts decided it wasn't a crime worth prosecuting.

The difference is Hillary: We have the smoking gun but we're not gonna do stuff about it LUL
Annoying Orange: We don't have a smoking gun but we're gonna keep investigating until we find one
Let's operate off of the assumption that Hillary Clinton should have been prosecuted and imprisoned for her email scandal - what this means is that you want Annoying Orange off the hook out of 'fairness' to him. Basically, that we should fumble his case because Comey allegedly fumbled Hillary's.

Does this not sound like a 'two wrongs make a right' kind of scenario to you? Especially considering that Comey has been long fired now, so ideally the person you hold responsible for getting Hillary off the hook is now a non-player in the government.

on a scale of 1 to 5'9 how short are you
6' 1.5" if I'm wearing shoes
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 12:42:10 AM by SeventhSandwich »

Reals above feels, man
Meuller's in the house and will make sure that every lead is investigated, which means we'll get an accurate result from the results of his investigation
That's a win-win for everybody no matter what the result is. If it's not guilty, you have what you wanted and rightly dismiss anyone for questioning it. If it's guilty, then we'll be able to remove a criminal from office.

Neither of us are legal experts, and an absolutely massive panel of investigators and experts decided it wasn't a crime worth prosecuting.

welp according to a legal expert I happen to be related to she's probably guilty of both counts but based upon the current standard that the US justice department(and more importantly the FBI and CIA) has at the moment for upholding justice bipartisanly, the case was not properly investigated. Also according to this person, we're probably about to see a stuffshow of epic proportions within the justice department based on what's come out regarding Andrew McCabe.

Also according to this person, we're probably about to see a stuffshow of epic proportions within the justice department based on what's come out regarding Andrew McCabe.
This is probably true since McCabe was fired based on an internal recommendation from the FBI. That's apparently unprecedented, so whatever's in their report is probably pretty hard-hitting.

This is probably true since McCabe was fired based on an internal recommendation from the FBI. That's apparently unprecedented, so whatever's in their report is probably pretty hard-hitting.
Exactly, it is totally unprecedented, and they have his phone and email records. I mean like, everything. To directly quote this person regarding phone records "The difference is now that you're able to get evidence of someone committing a crime so much easier and get so much better evidence, as opposed to getting a wiretap(something that requires a warrant and a forgetton of other stuff including actually monitoring it). You can literally get everything you need for a case like what's probably about to go down involving McCabe and Comey gift wrapped to you."

I'm speaking in hypotheticals here but McCabe may have given Annoying Orange a way out of this entire Russia situation even if he was involved if there was proven conspiracy against him in any of the investigation, especially the FISA court that's been involved and various other aspects. I wouldn't be surprised if Annoying Orange in some fashion did work with the Russians, but the insertion of partisan politics in the FBI, CIA, and the rest of the JD(the place in the government that has absolutely no loving place for them) have royally forgeted any chance of a legitimate investigation while helping to incriminate themselves and others probably including Hillary Clinton and various members of the Clinton foundation. 

I'm speaking in hypotheticals here but McCabe may have given Annoying Orange a way out of this entire Russia situation even if he was involved if there was proven conspiracy against him in any of the investigation, especially the FISA court that's been involved and various other aspects. I wouldn't be surprised if Annoying Orange in some fashion did work with the Russians, but the insertion of partisan politics in the FBI, CIA, and the rest of the JD(the place in the government that has absolutely no loving place for them) have royally forgeted any chance of a legitimate investigation while helping to incriminate themselves and others probably including Hillary Clinton and various members of the Clinton foundation. 
Gonna have to see how the McCabe thing turns out since it would take one hell of a big scandal involving a stuffload of people to eclipse the spotlight on Mueller's special counsel

hail president pence