Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2133588 times)

How ever will we adjust to the ocean rising millimeters a year
ever seen the movie waterworld

it's not going to be like that at all

That wasn't the point. He asked what's wrong with a rising ocean--how could millimeters matter. I asked him if he had ever been to two major cities built extremely close to ocean level, which are both threatened by rising water levels.
by the end of the rising ocean stuff they'll end up flooded or something as well as like 5% of global landmass but dont quote me on that

my idea to force environmental awareness is to form a country to produce the most greenhouse gases and coal emissions in the entire world by a long shot

this will speed up climate change so fast everyone will be like dang we gotta solve this and then new science will happen as it usually does during stressful times and then i will also take over the world while they're distracted

although i guess nuclear winter can do the same thing

it would seem people do not understand that even if the entire global economy was deleted and emissions went to zero today that the world would continue to warm for decades

Feel like it's a good idea to post this comic again (not gonna embed it because it's too big)

my idea to force environmental awareness is to form a country to produce the most greenhouse gases and coal emissions in the entire world by a long shot

this will speed up climate change so fast everyone will be like dang we gotta solve this and then new science will happen as it usually does during stressful times and then i will also take over the world while they're distracted

although i guess nuclear winter can do the same thing
That already exists. It's China.

the US has significantly higher emissions per capita

I think the cleaner the world, the better the world, and I'm a huge fan of the environment, but from a libertarian standpoint, I believe people should be able to use whatever energy source they choose, and not be forced to use technology that isn't even that efficient yet. Sorry.

I think you have to be a bit of a richard to say "y'know I'm not cool with literally all life on earth being vanquished from the lack of an ozone layer but as long as private business gets to produce whatever energy source that's fine with me"

the US has significantly higher emissions per capita
China pushes more carbon into the atmosphere than the US and EU combined. I don't see what you're getting at with emissions per capita. China is putting up new coal burning power plants every day. They don't give two stuffs about their emissions.

Haahaha. China's actually been trying really hard to cut down on emissions by embracing renewable energy recently (Such as the Three Gorges Dam, which generates an insane amount of power by the way), and even personally urged Donald to not pull out of the Paris Agreement. Even North loving Korea signed onto the Paris Agreement

Think about it
North Korea has a more sensible environmental policy than the US. forget knows if they'll follow through, but they signed onto it anyway.

Doesn't China dump millions of tons of garbage into the ocean every day

if the oceans DO rise then wouldn't that kindof solve our problems with the major cities being flooded ? ? ? idk
but rip japan anyways

if the oceans DO rise then wouldn't that kindof solve our problems with the major cities being flooded ? ? ? idk
if by solve you mean permanently flood them rendering them all-nigh unlivable
sure

Doesn't China dump millions of tons of garbage into the ocean every day
Yea, they do. The Chinese dump heavy metals into rivers and lakes, burn coal for power, and basically don't give a stuff about the environment. Everything their government does is just virtue signalling. They're exempt from the Paris agreement until 2025 anyway iirc.

Yea, they do. The Chinese dump heavy metals into rivers and lakes, burn coal for power, and basically don't give a stuff about the environment. Everything their government does is just virtue signalling. They're exempt from the Paris agreement until 2025 anyway iirc.
Jesus christ, talk about exaggeration.
They have some damn stuffty policies but they're definitely not just virtue signalling.

Not only has the amount of renewable energy they've been using gone up drastically in the past 10 years, they've already got a forgetton more in construction literally right now despite the fact that they aren't forced to do anything for several more years.

Just for starters, what I can find from a quick google search, they currently have under construction:
-At least 17 new nuclear reactors inside of existing nuclear plants
-At least 5 new nuclear power plants
-At least 10 new hydroelectric dams, some of which are planned to output 10,000+ MW
-At least 1 new wind farm with a capacity of 20,000MW

Compared to 6 new coal stations being built, tops.

The change is happening a hell of a lot quicker than you may think.

Haahaha. China's actually been trying really hard to cut down on emissions by embracing renewable energy recently (Such as the Three Gorges Dam, which generates an insane amount of power by the way), and even personally urged Donald to not pull out of the Paris Agreement. Even North loving Korea signed onto the Paris Agreement

Think about it
North Korea has a more sensible environmental policy than the US. forget knows if they'll follow through, but they signed onto it anyway.

Their only real threat to the environment is their own nuclear winter so it kind of makes sense

if by solve you mean permanently flood them rendering them all-nigh unlivable
sure
i mean hey
less people alive = less cars being used = less people working = less factories being operated = less carbon emissions
Their only real threat to the environment is their own nuclear winter so it kind of makes sense
holy forget its the perfect counter to global warming
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:26:33 PM by crazies alt »

China pushes more carbon into the atmosphere than the US and EU combined. I don't see what you're getting at with emissions per capita.
they also have more people than the US and EU combined. of course they'd have more emissions. but they have less per person