Author Topic: The Nexus/Dataproxy - Unfair advantages on war server, kicking for no reason  (Read 16170 times)

Oh boy the nexus, I avoided making a drama about the whole die in a fire thing but I'm still kind of butt blasted about it.

Since I'm butt blasted at them I decided to go on their server where they could be super realistic commandos and stuff.
But no, once I joined (after downloading a forget ton of weapons) I was greeted to the raider's base. Which was literally a 16x16 plate with a spawn and ctf flag on it. I asked "Where are the guns" or something along those lines and was told we had to make them. We were quite far from their big loving mega doom fortress (which was honestly quite cool) which had defenses like 2 doors, one that you couldn't get past without using jets or rocket jumping and the other being a button right into their spawn (where their ctf flag was).

So I made a brick, got some weapons from it and was about to set out into their base but I realized I had no jets but they did. I wasn't told that I was supposed to get jets from a brick or anything but I decided that I should get some anyway.

I set off to their base and dear god I was pummeled with explosions and instakills (mostly because the other raider had left). When I spawned back, I got spawnkilled. Amazing am I right lads? Because of this I had to manually make a 64x64 cube with no collision or rendering to try prevent me being spawnkilled. At one point a guy drove up to me in a tank which made him invincible til I destroyed his tank, being the wrestler I am I eventually destroyed it. This is a problem because the hill up to the super mega doom fortress is too steep to jeep up, that means they can have vehicles but we can't.

I stayed for a while and eventually my friend (Zharthon) joined to help me because it was 1 v 4 and I was sick of being instakilled by loving gaster blasters and halo death beams (there wasn't anything stopping me from getting a 1 hit kill weapon apart from the fact that I'm not a tryhard). He mentions the forgetton of downloads and I question a killfeed message that said "Ze Operator Ze Operator'd Hulk Hogan" now I am wrong at this part because I thought it was a custom weapon that was dedicated to Ze Operator but it was just the human rocket (again another instakill), after Ze Operator tells me I apologize and he says the only weapon he made was the gaster blaster. My friend says oh god why and is kicked, ze operator then puts a password on the server.

I leave and that's the story.

Zharthon being kicked (also a picture of the AMAZING raider base

Chat logs before Zharthon being banned (I admit I got angry after he killed me with the human rocket and tried to make a conspiracy theory about it)

Dataproxy takes himself and his stupid clan too seriously.

your first mistake was thinking dataproxy would handle things maturely

ok I was just there, but I tried to refrain from using the 1hitkill weapons

My understanding is that was a private training server, and Dataproxy has full rights to decide who stays and who doesn't.

noedit, I'm pretty sure that he was kicking people because they weren't in the nexus or something

I don't really agree with this but I'm letting him do what he wants to do

ok I was just there, but I tried to refrain from using the 1hitkill weapons
You were using the shockwave and the big ass 1 hit halo sniper
noedit, I'm pretty sure that he was kicking people because they weren't in the nexus or something

I don't really agree with this but I'm letting him do what he wants to do
My understanding is that was a private training server, and Dataproxy has full rights to decide who stays and who doesn't.
He could've easily passworded the server at first. You can't throw stuff at people because it's your party.

your first mistake was thinking dataproxy would handle things maturely

He could've easily passworded the server at first. You can't throw stuff at people because it's your party.

Unfortunately that's not how hosting works.  He doesn't have to cater to anybody.  It is his server, he can do what he wants.  It isn't like he is verbally abusing people before kicking them or anything that might actually be problematic.  If you think he has some sort of obligation to you or anyone joining his server then you are mistaken.

Adding a password would have been problematic because no password was discussed beforehand and it would have resulted in members not being able to join.  He doesn't have to put a password on his server if he doesn't want to anyway.

Unfortunately that's not how hosting works.  He doesn't have to cater to anybody.  It is his server, he can do what he wants.  It isn't like he is verbally abusing people before kicking them or anything that might actually be problematic.  If you think he has some sort of obligation to you or anyone joining his server then you are mistaken.

Adding a password would have been problematic because no password was discussed beforehand and it would have resulted in members not being able to join.  He doesn't have to put a password on his server if he doesn't want to anyway.
ahem;
You can't throw stuff at people because it's your party.
i need to seriously keep a list of badspot quotes, because he said something like this.

i need to seriously keep a list of badspot quotes, because he said something like this.
The only "stuff throwing" I see in this thread is the OP going on and on about how low quality the server was as if that validates his point.  DataProxy kicked people from his server that he didn't want to be there.  There was no harassment, no threats, or anything of the sort.  You can even see from the screenshots that a password was later added.

The only "stuff throwing" I see in this thread is the OP going on and on about how low quality the server was as if that validates his point.  DataProxy kicked people from his server that he didn't want to be there.  There was no harassment, no threats, or anything of the sort.  You can even see from the screenshots that a password was later added.
"later"
he should have passworded the server before this even happened.
and plus, if it was a training server, the raiders should have spawn protection at least instead of you guys constantly spawnkilling him with instant killing weapons. and they should even have a BASE for starters.

You really are stubborn aren't you?
Badspot has mentioned in the past 2 things.
1. If you give yourself an advantage in your own tdm you are sad
2. You can't be a richard because it's your server