Author Topic: Scenery's TOURNAMENTS - SEASON THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  (Read 53991 times)

i was literally just about to go bed and check blf before that and this
this absolutely takes priority over sleep

When will snipoon/trench grapple be an tournament weapon

My suggestions:

All right click charge weapons: Increase speed of charge.
Reasoning: The damage output/utility is not worth not only the time spent charging, but hoping that your opponent will actually be visible at the exact moment it hits 100%, seeing how it's not an on-release thing. Which, it should also be changed to that too.

Sniper: Remove the slowdown on charge.
Reasoning: Sniper is taken for it's skill based damage and doubles as a mobility weapon. Completely immobilizing yourself is not worth taking the shield off for a few more seconds.
The slowdown plus the rate it charges makes the charge shot probably the weakest strategy in the game. Lets say, even with the charge time, the slowdown, and the fact that you have to hope to god you're aiming at them the exact moment you hit 100% (with the only indication being a center print), and for whatever reason that works and you're not dead. You knocked their shield off for a few more seconds. What are you going to do about it? Any other weapon could've possibly outright killed them 150 to 0 in the time it took you to land that shot. Or maybe not, maybe they only took 25 health damage and regenerated that shield. So what are you going to do now that their shield is down for a bit longer? Use your secondary? With the slowdown, you were probably unable to put yourself into a position you could engage from, so they're just going to hide for longer. Or maybe not. They might just kill you. It's more worth it to just boost yourself out from cover for some speed, and hit them two or three times for a kill. Or even two for that 50 health damage. You can probably do two shots before it even finishes charging. And if their shield comes back up, just shoot them again.

Flamethrower: Remove or replace airblast entirely.
Reasoning: I understand some weapons are supposed to be better against certain weapons and all. But this completely nullifies warhead launcher with zero level of skill. Yet, against shotguns or any rapid fire weapon, it's completely useless. It's basically a 1 HP shield that regenerates faster than your 50 HP shield.

Burn Mortar and Saw Tomahawk: Increase projectile speed.
Reasoning: These weapons are entirely based on "Wow I certainly hope they accidentally run into this projectile" at any range that super shotgun can't already just turn someone into soup. Obviously it doesn't need to be 'as fast as other weapons' or not even 'almost as fast as other weapons'. They just need to be usable.

Chaingun: Somewhat reduce the rate at which overheat occurs, or give it a secondary ability.
Reasoning: Right now, it's worse than sawblade rifle because it's now punishable without offering any utility. Where sawblade is less punishable due to it's neverending fire, and the utility of bouncing projectiles AND FEAR ITSELF. It can probably still deal more reliable damage at a range, but that quickly ends.

Gas Op Rifle: Change it's right click ability
Reasoning: It's already almost only useful for it's mobility. And then it just got more. This is Overwatch levels of madness.

hit a guy 2 times in a row with the saw!tomahawk and watched as they ate every hit (with the ouch particles and everything) and shot my face in. Good game.

My suggestions:

All right click charge weapons: Increase speed of charge.
Reasoning: The damage output/utility is not worth not only the time spent charging, but hoping that your opponent will actually be visible at the exact moment it hits 100%, seeing how it's not an on-release thing. Which, it should also be changed to that too.

done on the sniper and tsr but missile storm's is fine due to its power. right clicks aren't inherently awful because your opponent can just wait them out, oftentimes they serve to force players to act or punish bad reads. skilled use of them is possible

Sniper: Remove the slowdown on charge.
Reasoning: Sniper is taken for it's skill based damage and doubles as a mobility weapon. Completely immobilizing yourself is not worth taking the shield off for a few more seconds.
The slowdown plus the rate it charges makes the charge shot probably the weakest strategy in the game. Lets say, even with the charge time, the slowdown, and the fact that you have to hope to god you're aiming at them the exact moment you hit 100% (with the only indication being a center print), and for whatever reason that works and you're not dead. You knocked their shield off for a few more seconds. What are you going to do about it? Any other weapon could've possibly outright killed them 150 to 0 in the time it took you to land that shot. Or maybe not, maybe they only took 25 health damage and regenerated that shield. So what are you going to do now that their shield is down for a bit longer? Use your secondary? With the slowdown, you were probably unable to put yourself into a position you could engage from, so they're just going to hide for longer. Or maybe not. They might just kill you. It's more worth it to just boost yourself out from cover for some speed, and hit them two or three times for a kill. Or even two for that 50 health damage. You can probably do two shots before it even finishes charging. And if their shield comes back up, just shoot them again.

sniper is obscenely powerful but its full potential is unrealized in the current meta. its a raycast instakill weapon that is only stopped by the high skill level needed to use it. the right click was buffed to charge faster, but removing the slow is just absurd since the sniper gains so much by a shield break its unreal.  you're heavily overestimating how bad the sniper is

Flamethrower: Remove or replace airblast entirely.
Reasoning: I understand some weapons are supposed to be better against certain weapons and all. But this completely nullifies warhead launcher with zero level of skill. Yet, against shotguns or any rapid fire weapon, it's completely useless. It's basically a 1 HP shield that regenerates faster than your 50 HP shield.

airblast reflects multiple projectiles. i'm for its removal because of how polarizing the use of it is ie against raycasts but it really isn't too decisive. even in warhead matches, the warhead player can just shoot corners and camp out the flamethrower instead of engage it directly. ask gyt

Burn Mortar and Saw Tomahawk: Increase projectile speed.
Reasoning: These weapons are entirely based on "Wow I certainly hope they accidentally run into this projectile" at any range that super shotgun can't already just turn someone into soup. Obviously it doesn't need to be 'as fast as other weapons' or not even 'almost as fast as other weapons'. They just need to be usable.

they are completely usable and are actually some of the better weapons as agreed upon by the tournaments dev team™. burn mortar just requires a bit more aim compensation for better damage than the missile and fire while the tomahawk can obliterate unshielded people at a longer range than the rocket punch

Chaingun: Somewhat reduce the rate at which overheat occurs, or give it a secondary ability.
Reasoning: Right now, it's worse than sawblade rifle because it's now punishable without offering any utility. Where sawblade is less punishable due to it's neverending fire, and the utility of bouncing projectiles AND FEAR ITSELF. It can probably still deal more reliable damage at a range, but that quickly ends.

chaingun shoots fast as stuff and has faster projectiles and in total will do more damage per second more consistently at most ranges. the overheat was necessary to prevent infinite chaingun death beams and you can use a secondary while it is cooling down. the cooldown is far from prohibitive as well.

Gas Op Rifle: Change it's right click ability
Reasoning: It's already almost only useful for it's mobility. And then it just got more. This is Overwatch levels of madness.

gas op needs something to bring it out of "twin magnums but stufftier" tier so we just built on its natural mobility with dumb bullstuff. it works and is unique so its being kept

spoilers: found the Zen room and a weird face. the red ! seems to do nothing. is there something I'm missing or is this the end of the secrets?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4A2JnGnlUiBfnBUlzm6F9vyqNuMDnY7UGuk8rhC-o0/edit?usp=sharing those are all the titles/title colors you can purchase if you have any suggestions post them because i'm adding basically everything

Anti-Missile
Batter
Connect 4 Master
Dilbert
Duelist
Furcigarette
Grand Slam
Harvest

colors:
#708090 No Maps Gray
#9BB3BC No Maps Blue

Edit:
Paperbag needs to be a title and a color and i'll buy it immediately
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:29:27 PM by Shift Kitty »

itd be cool if there was a way to change your viewmodel back to rhs. its loving with my aim :panda:

add achievements so you can get gilded titles that show off how amazing / much of a richardhead you are

add achievements so you can get gilded titles that show off how amazing / much of a richardhead you are
Aside from the obvious "win tournament" "win a bunch of tournament" "win some tournaments in a row", I think there could also be some really neat ones.
Bagged: Get a paper bag when buying a hat.
Little Winner: Win a tournament with two secondary weapons.
Double Winner: Win a tournament with two of the same secondary weapon.
PokeRecoil: Kill yourself with the rocket punch by hitting your enemy.
Full Scam: Take no damage, deal no health damage to your opponent, and win by damage.
Patient: Do not shoot, ask why we're not killing yet, or even pull out a weapon in the patience room.
Anti Scam: Kill yourself when there's less than 3 seconds left and your opponent has dealt more damage than you.