Author Topic: the bloxcity predicament - gamefandan's & darkhawk accounts compromised??  (Read 50222 times)

i bloxcity is not doing the hijackings. they just look like a scam for money. someone else is doing the hijackings.
Do you have any idea on who it could be?

it's some little stuff who is using a proxy and is just linking people to some random ass website he found.

I remember that handicapped MoneyPak stuff that was going around like a wildfire

it's some little stuff who is using a proxy and is just linking people to some random ass website he found.
i think its deighton or whatever he was

Well I guess people think it's okay to randomly click links that get sent to them

From what I can tell they're targeting older users.

I don't know if it's a matter of clicking on links and getting information stolen because they also hijacked Warren's account and I don't think he's been on the forums in at least a month.

oh look it's otis in da house

when you've been hitting that mephedrone pipe too hard

That's his most recent post. I'll let him know his account has been compromised, but it just seems weird that all of the users being targeted are ones that joined the forums around 07/08.

Which means I'm potentially a target too I guess.

Which means I'm potentially a target too I guess.
if you're active I don't think he'll get you

it seems only inactive, older accounts are being hit

how complex are older users passwords
did people know back then that you needed good passwords with numbers and symbols in them?

Considering the hijacked accounts seem to mainly only be older users(pre-2010 registered), this seems to be some kind of fallout from a past security breach that's only coming to light now.
Anyone who has an active account from before 2010 should change their password as soon as possible.

Well, just in case he starts going for active members too, I changed my password to be safe lol

Well, just in case he starts going for active members too, I changed my password to be safe lol
You should be fine unless you clicked on fishy website

how is this happening we should go to bloxcity to be safe

You should be fine unless you clicked on fishy website
There's no proof that this is what's causing the hijackings(from what i've seen), and, considering the evidence, probably contrary. I doubt a bunch of random people from pre-2010(some of whom aren't even active anymore) just all of a sudden decided to go and visit this random stuffty spinoff for stuffs and giggles.
To be safe, though, nobody should visit the site regardless.

what a way to get people to try your game