Author Topic: Swatting Update: He's caught  (Read 31785 times)

Okay normally I'm against the 'don't respond to Tony mentality', but this is preposterous. Also edging Path on isn't any better (Nick).

I thought they omitted child death entirely from the engine build (except for console stuff)
I really damn well object to the way you phrased this line, because it sounds like you know jackstuff.

All NPCs in Gamebryo use the same base class and all have the same states (idle, patrolling, dialogue, death etc). Children have a death state, but because they have the "Essential" flag set, it can never be reached, hence why the animators didn't code any specific death animations or physics sets and so they end up doing the weird stretching (which is the default behaviour for standard adult NPCs which have bones stretched out since they're taller and wider).

They didn't write code to cut child killing out. They simply set a flag that stops their health decreasing. "Children" are using the same package as every other NPC in the Wasteland, and simply disabling a flag will make them the same as every other NPC.

>Swatting Update
*clicks topic*
TONY LIKES KILLING KIDS IN VIDEOGAMES!!!!!!
DUDE DID YOU KNOW THAT KIDS ARE PROGRAMMED WITH DEATH IN BETHESDA GAMES?!
NO YOU loving IDIOT THAT'S WONG!!
HEY I'M TONY YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT IN VIDEOGAMES!!!
I'M ONLY POSTING BECAUSE YOU'RE RESPONDING!!!

are you guys okay in here

>Swatting Update
*clicks topic*
TONY LIKES KILLING KIDS IN VIDEOGAMES!!!!!!
DUDE DID YOU KNOW THAT KIDS ARE PROGRAMMED WITH DEATH IN BETHESDA GAMES?!
NO YOU loving IDIOT THAT'S WONG!!
HEY I'M TONY YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT IN VIDEOGAMES!!!
I'M ONLY POSTING BECAUSE YOU'RE RESPONDING!!!

are you guys okay in here
yeah everythings fine other than people getting baited into arguing with eachother
like seriously guys, please stop.

Also edging Path on isn't any better (Nick).
i have no idea what ur talking about I'm a saint :)

Path proves once again that he never knows what he's talking about

i dont remember path being this much of a loser

Im out of the loop on the Swatting topic. Can anyone inform me?

yea i'm really considering dramaing path but i'm not sure weather I want to spend the time on someone this stupid

yea i'm really considering dramaing path but i'm not sure weather I want to spend the time on someone this stupid
I've been considering this as well. 

I've been considering this as well. 
Then do it. There's only a few downsides that are heavily outweighed by the positives that can come out of it.

Im out of the loop on the Swatting topic. Can anyone inform me?
Storm Surge performs a swatting on Anthony, a Blocklander. Drama ensues.
Months later...
Storm Surge then makes the loving mistake of swatting Akio, more drama ensues.
Akio does something about it, like spread the info and stuff and calling the police.
Months later, again...
This topic occurs, because (presumably) Storm Surge is caught. According to the info provided by Akio, he won't be arrested, he was only warned not to do that stuff again (even though Storm Surge apparently swatted a public school and a Wal-Mart once)

idk about you guys but i'm getting ready for this stuff to happen again

wait, so he only got a slap on the wrist? what the forget

is this not attempted murder

press charges

Honestly, I understand that throwing a 12 year old with adults in a prison is a bit (or really) cruel, but at least he should go to juvy or something, because letting him roam free, he's BOUND to do it again, but hey, maybe he won't do it again... oh, what the hell, he's gonna do it again.

is this not attempted murder

press charges
I really, really agree with this.