Man slit his throat at Walmart.

Author Topic: Man slit his throat at Walmart.  (Read 5869 times)

It's not the readers' duty to look up the source or do their research; its the posters' duty to inform people on the event. What's the point of trying to inform people on an issue/event if you intentionally leave out the source?

Who told you that? It's not anybody's duty to do anything at all except follow the rules. We're not having a political debate here about controversial issues. He's just reciting some stuff he read off an international news article. Googling "man slits own throat walmart" returns a full page of relevant results.

The question "should Tony of posted a source for this?" didn't even register in my brain when I read the OP. It's news. It's all over the place. It doesn't need to be sourced.

I'm going to start nitpicking people for not providing in-text citations in their posts.

hi it's tony from walmart.

Who told you that? It's not anybody's duty to do anything at all except follow the rules. We're not having a political debate here about controversial issues. He's just reciting some stuff he read off an international news article. Googling "man slits own throat walmart" returns a full page of relevant results.

The question "should Tony of posted a source for this?" didn't even register in my brain when I read the OP. It's news. It's all over the place. It doesn't need to be sourced.
It's not even an issue of tony not posting a source anymore; its the fact that he knows that people don't like it when he doesn't include a source and does it on purpose to make people upset. He knows that he could easily post the source in a second, but he intentionally doesn't so that people will get upset and then guys like you will shame us for getting upset. Its a subtle annoyance, sure, but when its done this many loving times it really becomes a nuisance
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:50:52 AM by Path »

he just couldn't handle those low low prices

This man was a cut above the rest, I bet if he ran Walmart he would be slashing those prices left and right.

he just couldn't handle those low low prices
imagine what he would do on black friday

It's not even an issue of tony not posting a source anymore; its the fact that he knows that people don't like it when he doesn't include a source and does it on purpose to make people upset. He knows that he could easily post the source in a second, but he intentionally doesn't so that people will get upset and then guys like you will shame us for getting upset. Its a subtle annoyance, sure, but when its done this many loving times it really becomes a nuisance

Or maybe he just doesn't feel the need to go out of his way, even slightly, to appease entitled children who hate him anyway.

Or maybe he just doesn't feel the need to go out of his way, even slightly, to appease entitled children who hate him anyway.

Exactly and even when I do go out of my way to post a source these same people say "hey this source is not on a credible website, come back again when you find a source on my list of approved news websites!"

Exactly and even when I do go out of my way to post a source these same people say "hey this source is not on a credible website, come back again when you find a source on my list of approved news websites!"
True I guess. Somebody will always be dissatisfied so there's no point in appeasing it to someone.

Since when was it legal to shoplift as long as it isn't over 400 dollars?

This man was a cut above the rest, I bet if he ran Walmart he would be slashing those prices left and right.
Shut up lego lad

imagine what he would do on black friday
*chainsaw revving up*

Since when was it legal to shoplift as long as it isn't over 400 dollars?

400 dollar shoplifting theft is a felony.

Anything below that is either from a warning to misdemeanor.

In my opinion though walmart is a soulless corporation that steals from their own employees. So you do you.

tony prob mentioned everything that any article would.
have you guys seen news articles these days? like 2 vague paragraphs with no followup. no point in even visiting sites anymore.