Author Topic: We should get ready for the summer sale players  (Read 10533 times)

I recorded one time when Blockland received a bunch of players
http://youtu.be/vKkTEklhvdg
It was fun actually but there were a lot of bad servers.

what will be needed

are servers with very little add-ons

because no one wants to spend their first few minutes of gametime downloading files

imagine the look on these poor saps faces when they buy into it thinking blockland has quality servers all the time

thatll get em good
The problem with a lot of fun servers is that we don't have enough people to play them. If we keep a lot of the players, we can probably keep a lot of the servers too.

I do think that jail escape servers would be a really bad first impression though. They're severely rule dependent and new players are probably going to get discouraged because they got banned from some poorly designed gamemode.

I'd like to see more TDMs or DMs for everyone to play. Decent servers of that genre are somewhat rare now but are pretty enjoyable. Unique things like maybe even a football gamemode would be nice to see as well in general.

what will be needed

are servers with very little add-ons

because no one wants to spend their first few minutes of gametime downloading files
Maybe we could distribute our cache files to newcomers to speed up their loads?

what? whatever. sounds obnoxiously technical

a better idea is not using 20gb of add-ons

battlemix for example is very great but as a first server it will take ages to load

I don't think those new players will be willing to download a file from some random dude from the internet.
If they even make it on the forums here.

All I will be getting is Borderlands 2 GOTY edition.

Edit: Oh hehe, this is about Blockland not the sales itself...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 02:10:39 PM by JumboMuffin »

As far as I know, the ones that are gonna host Endless Zombies (and posted a topic about it on the forums) are Nicepoint and pompmaker.

I might do zombie zurvival again on the 23rd, but I won't make a forum post about it. It's you ether miss it or not. It will be called "The_Crowbar's Zombie Zurvival"
inb4backfire

we could also use a deathrun or something

Definitely also go through your list of add-ons before you're about to host your gamemode.
Disable anything you are not using for it.

yes, please don't host (too many) freebuilds and host quality servers. No prison escapes, we have two good ones.

One good one*

is it a good time to namedrop ploads prison escape then

cause dark xrane and i are remaking it and are pretty far into development
Yes pls yes pls yes pls

I'm going to be opening up a trench wars CTF.
and it will be my actual first good server fml