Author Topic: Subnautica Megathread [Fully Released!] [Possible New Expansion Pack]  (Read 20220 times)

In the late 22 century, humanity is beginning to colonize space.  Before colony ships arrive, habitation vessels are appointed terraforming missions.  The Aurora was one such vessel.  During it's decent, the Aurora was struck by a mysterious energy pulse resulting in catastrophic hull failure.  A single life pod jettison prior to impact.  You were in that lifepod.

About
Subnautica is a survival horror sandbox that is set on a planet that is completely ocean.  Players could explore this planet and discover extraterrestrial marine lifeforms and parts from the crashed shipped that you were on, the Aurora, while possible finding the secrets of the planet you are on.

System Requirments

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Haswell 2 cores / 4 threads @ 2.5Ghz or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD 4600 or equivalent - This includes most GPUs scoring greater than 950 points in the 3DMark Fire Strike benchmark
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 20 GB available space

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Haswell 4 cores / 4 threads @ 3.2Ghz or equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 550 Ti or equivalent, 2GB VRAM
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 20 GB available space

Current Updates
Latest
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 06:37:45 PM by Subnautica »

i wanna know who made a forum account for this and had their id 3 off of 200,000

anyways I got on the aurora a while back

i wanna know who made a forum account for this and had their id 3 off of 200,000
this

very oddly specific use of an alt key + forum account registered in April. p sure some id 200,000 thread out there has a list including who got id 199997

required specs are surprisingly low huh
then again the graphics are kinda like portal
might get this at some point

this

very oddly specific use of an alt key + forum account registered in April. p sure some id 200,000 thread out there has a list including who got id 199997

Yeah I've mention that I've bought the key 199997 here https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=290868.msg8849907#msg8849907 and the other key 166247 is my brother's account.  I've only made the alt account just to post stuff related to the game Subnautica.  Yes, I know it's an odd use of an alt.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 12:05:32 AM by Dark X-rane »

oh man i didn't even know the ns2 team made subnautica, that's neato

I'm really enjoying Subnautica.

I bought it a few months back on PC, but found that it was in a bit of a choppy state at the time, and load times were very long, so I got it refunded and planned to get it again when it developed a little bit further.

It has developed a lot since then, and now it's on Xbox Game Preview, so I purchased it on there, as I think I'll play the game more when it's released and on Xbox.
But unfortunately the current state of the Xbox version is pretty much exactly where it was when I got it on PC!
They're trying to get it up to date at the moment though. They wanted to get it onto Xbox sooner rather than later, so they put through an older version, and they're just waiting for Xbox to push the update through.

I'd get Subnautica if I didn't have such a crippling fear of the deep sea

i play subnautica with a crippling fear of deep water

i didnt have a crippling fear of the deep sea before playing subnautica

i play subnautica with a crippling fear of deep water
it's mostly like, everything is constantly impenetrable darkness and nobody knows what the hell is down in the deep sea

also drowning, that too

It's alright, but it's not close to being finished, the new updates shouldn't have been the main part of the update, and I didn't find the new biome yet but I bet its like every other one where its just for looks and blueprints.

It's alright, but it's not close to being finished, the new updates shouldn't have been the main part of the update, and I didn't find the new biome yet but I bet its like every other one where its just for looks and blueprints.

um what, also the lava biome isnt out yet

Woops I mean the features of the updates shouldn't have been the main part of them, they are only things that should have been added along side it.

Have you tried the new bed thing, its loving terrible, all you do is change viewpoint, that's meant to be something important for some reason.

Woops I mean the features of the updates shouldn't have been the main part of them, they are only things that should have been added along side it.

Have you tried the new bed thing, its loving terrible, all you do is change viewpoint, that's meant to be something important for some reason.
It's mainly meant for decoration, and are you saying they should have added everything in the main update? It's early access for a reason, so people buy it, the money is used for development purposes as seen by the progress they make on their trello, they weren't gonna release a full game instantly or nobody would know about it if the game was done and wasn't getting new content. But if you're talking specifically about the battery rechargers that was a player requested thing.