Subnautica Megathread [Fully Released!] [Possible New Expansion Pack]

Author Topic: Subnautica Megathread [Fully Released!] [Possible New Expansion Pack]  (Read 20213 times)

What I'm saying is for the time it took for that update to come out, they done almost nothing of significance, at the rate the updates come out and the quality of them its not going to be a decent full game any time soon.

What I'm saying is for the time it took for that update to come out, they done almost nothing of significance, at the rate the updates come out and the quality of them its not going to be a decent full game any time soon.
Uh what? You realize they don't work at things like that 1 at a time. During the time they were making that they also had people working on the lava biome, exosuits, the lost river, sea dragon leviathan. Also they went on vacation after it was released so.

Micro Update 67

Update 67 is now available on Steam. We haven’t named this update, because it is a little baby update. Unlike Farming, Power Nap, Machinery, and other updates, 67 doesn’t include any big exciting new features. It does include important and useful improvements to the game. Read on to find out what’s inside.

Features
  • Subnautica now supports the use of Xbox controllers when playing on PC. You can adjust controller bindings in a new options section in the main menu. Controllers do not yet work in the main menu itself – Sorry about that, we intend to remedy this in future.
  • Thanks to some optimisation work we’ve done for the Xbox version of Subnautica, the game will now run slightly better on minimum-specification PCs. If you are running Subnautica on PC at or near minimum-specification, you may notice slightly better frame-rates.
  • We’ve applied a blowtorch to the loading screen. It will now crash far less often on Windows. The ‘grey screen’ crash, where the Subnautica would become non-responsive and crash, was one of our most frustrating bugs. After this update, we expect you will see it a lot less often.
  • Drowning in Hardcore mode will not longer cause an endless black screen
  • Seamoth and player turn speeds are now more consistent
  • FPS command now available in console
  • VR Bugs have been squashed – you can now make a climb & use Mobile Vehicle Bay properly
  • Locked but known technologies (e.g. Seamoth in Constructor) will display grey icons in fabrication menus

Just recently the developers of Subnautica are trying to implement a new update for Xbox One users.  However, there seems to be some problems with the new update being processed to all Xbox users.  Here's a quote from one of the developers about the update.
Hi everyone! This post concerns Xbox Subnautica players. If you are playing on Steam, you can disregard it.

Right now, we are going through the process of releasing the first Subnautica update on Xbox One. We have finished a ‘build’ (a version of the game), and it’s been accepted by Microsoft for deployment to your console. We’ve hit the go-button. Theoretically, the update could be available to download on your Xbox right now.

We have hit two speed-bumps. First, we’re not sure how fast the update is being deployed across Microsoft’s global server network. Some people in some regions are reporting that they can play it, but the deployment does not appear to be widespread. We’re monitoring the situation and will continue to communicate with Microsoft about getting the update to you as quickly as possible.

Second, there may be an issue in the update with saving and loading games. We’re getting reports from some people that everything is ok, and others that it is not. We are making preparations to fix the issue and deploy that fix as soon as possible, but we are not sure what the time-frames will be. It could be today, it could be Monday, it could be later.

Once we have confirmed that the update is globally deployed, and once we’re sure we have the potential saving/loading issue under control, we will properly “announce” that the update has been released. We’ve got YouTube videos, newsletters, a dedicated website and more ready to go. We hope you’ll help us spread the word when the time comes.

Unknown Worlds has, until now, been a PC focused developer. Xbox is new territory for us. This first update is very much a learning experience, and no doubt we’ll get better at releasing updates on Xbox in time. Thank you for being a part of Subnautica Preview. We’re very much enjoying building this game for you, we’re listening to your feedback, and we’re working as fast as we can to get you the best updates possible.

Bump
This is three days late but the Xbox update has finally been released to every Xbox One user.
Footage of the Update
Click the image to view the video.

Bump
There has been a couple of big updates for the Xbox One and PC that have just been released.
(Click the image above to view the video)
This update includes the following things.
  • Stability Improvements
  • Language Options: (English isn't your favorite language? It's now possible to change Subnautica to a different langauge. If your language of choice is missing or you spot an incorrect translation, please contribute to the Subnautica Community Translations! Contribute here.)
  • Added a default binding for reload action and notification when no button is bound to an action
  • No more random light flashes when swimming around Safe Shallows
  • Copper now visible when released from limestone
  • Death on hardcore mode now functions as intended with the controller
  • Player no longer falls randomly to the sea floor after starting a game
  • Internal lights in the cyclops now function properly
  • Improved locked recipe tooltip
  • Feedback now works with the controller
  • Jellyshrooms no longer missing!

(Click the image above to watch the video)
  • Pressure Re-Active Waterproof Nano Suit: (Also called the PRAWN Suit, it's the newest vehicle to be added to Subnautica.)
  • Suit Upgrades: (These are upgrades for the new PRAWN Suit which include...)
  • Drill Arm: (Allows for drilling of large resource deposits. Once drilled, these deposits break down into pieces that can be picked up.)
  • Grappling Arm: (Unsurprisingly, the Grappling Arm upgrade allows you to fire a grapple! This grapple can attach to large, anchored geometry, allowing you to pull youself towards it. Alternatively, it can attach to smaller creatures, items, and so on, which can then be pulled towards you.)
  • Torcreep Launcher: (Storing up to four torcreepes at a time, this upgrade works just like the Seamoth Torcreep launcher. It uses the same torcreepes as the Seamoth, as well.)
  • Propulsion Cannon: (Functions the same as the Propulsion Cannon tool, except as an arm, it can lift heavier items. Additionally, it's now possible to load items into the Propulsion Cannon tool or arm.)
  • Claw Arm: (Equipped as the standard arm on the P.R.A.W.N. suit, this arm is quite versatile. It can both pick up things and administer a quick strike, useful for smashing rocks for resources if you don't have the Drill Arm yet.)
  • Journey Into the Aurora: (New areas have been added to the Aurora to explore.  Some older rooms in the Aurora were revised fit these rooms.)
  • Bringing up the Load Tool now brings up a new menu to load items into your Propulsion Cannon tool from your inventory or from PRAWN suit storage for exosuit propulsion arm.
  • Find, nurture, and hatch Crash Fish eggs in your Aquarium!
  • A fancy new icon now alerts you when anything is added to your Encyclopedia
  • Lava Zone: (From the depths of the newly improved Lava Zone, two new creatures emerge. Introducing the Lava Larva and the Lava Lizard! As the Lava Lizard swims through lava, a shell of lava forms on their back, acting as a natural armor. What's more, these lizards can shoot hardened lava at a player, causing serious damage. The Lava Larva, on the other hand, attaches itself to certain machinery, draining energy and slowing its host.)
  • Lights have been added to the Cyclops Cameras for increased low-light visibilty
  • It's now possible to quit to the Main Menu
  • Introducings Sprint! Handy for a quick getaway or a lesuirly beach jog

might consider this game it looks pretty good

So, I plan on getting this on my birthday. I plan on doing a sort of 'Survivor's Log' sorta thing. Would I do it in this topic, or a topic of it's own in Games?

So, I plan on getting this on my birthday. I plan on doing a sort of 'Survivor's Log' sorta thing. Would I do it in this topic, or a topic of it's own in Games?
You can do that on this topic if you want to.  This topic is suppose to be a Megathread after all.

Bump
There's has been another update that has added quite a few more things to the sea.
(Click the image above to watch the video)
  • Sea Dragon Leviathan: If you ever see a Sea Dragon Leviathan, we have one word for you: Swim. Not only can this aggresive beast attack with both its powerful set of teeth and large claws, but it also spits magma rocks and incendiary matter when prey is fleeing. The Sea Dragon Leviathan is a colossal creature that is well adapted to volcanic environments and attacking helpless explorers.
  • Warper: This mysterious creature can be found lurking in just about any biome. While it may be mesmerizing, do not let your guard down. It throws warp globes that can then teleport the player closer (often within attacking range). This strange creature also has a pair of scythe arms that pack a punch. Warpers can even teleport players out of vehicles to make them easier targets. Lastly, the Warper enjoys playing with its prey by opening up portals, allowing other nearby deadly creatures to get closer to you.
  • Crabsquid EMP Blasts: Crabsquids can now send out electromagnetic pulse waves to temporarily disable any nearby electronics, making attacks easier. Be especially careful when using anything electronic in an area with Crabsquids.
  • Ghost & Crimson Ray: These hautingly beautiful birds of the sea can be seen gliding through their respective biomes. As peaceful as they are beautiful, the Crimson Ray can be found in the Lava Zone and the Ghost Ray can be seen in the new Lost River Zone.
  • The Tree Cove: This area is a new section of the Lost River Zone, the main feature being the giant tree with Ghost Rays gently gliding around it. Take a moment to relax here and meditate on the mysteries of the world of Subnautica.
  • The Final Abandoned Base: For your exploring pleasure comes the third and final Abandoned base in the world of Subnautica. Beware the new inhabitants of this base - Crabsquids may be cool to look at but don't touch.

I now have Subnautica. Time to begin the 'Survivors Log'

Day one
"The Aurora has been assuredly shot out of orbit. I was at a window when I saw.. whatever it was, shoot a (what I can only assume as a projectile or laser) at the Aurora. Considering the weapon on the surface of the planet traveled from the surface up into orbit means that there is something more advanced than human life lives on this oceanic planet.

I managed to arrive into an escape pod before the Aurora had it's second explosion, after the initial impact of the weapon's projectile. I now have a minor concussion. I exited the pod after taking care of the on board fire, it's a complete ocean. However, it is a very clear ocean. I can get used to living here until rescue.

I dove into the water once I figured out where everything was. Aurora to.. what I think is the south, and open ocean everywhere else. I had decided to dive into the ocean, see what life {If any} was around, it's actually a very life filled ocean. Strange fish.

I had caught several fish (with difficulty without swim fins), one had a strange large eye that seemed to be singular, yet was all the way through the skull. Peepers, I shall call them. There's another here, shaped like a boomerang, which is what I named them. And the last one had two large bladders full of water. Named 'Bladderfish'.  I found a kelp-like plant, Creepvines I named, they seem to be home to a.. how should I put this? Sea-Crocodile-fish-thing. They just seem to stalk these creepvines, so I 'ingeniously' thought of the name, Stalkers. Anuu cheeki breeki iv damke. I had took a bite to the leg as I tried to get what appears to be seed clusters on the creepvines, nasty bite. Really hurts. Wish I could have a underwater pistol or something, but noooo, because of laws an stuff, we cant have guns. Only knives.

I also managed to find a anti-radiation s- The Dark Matter drive is going critical. This is going to hur-
{An Approximate 5 minutes of static}
Radiation is now flooding the area around the aurora, thank forget I found this Anti-Rad suit.
I need to get a welder made so I can fix up the escape pod, it's my home for now. I just hope I can return home, back to Earth.

Log is running out of space, signing out for now.
PRAWN Pilot, Adrian Wrex, signing out."

Day Two
"Today was a decent day. I have managed to get the scanner and the Habitat Constructor created, this pod will soon be abandoned.
I've ventured farther into the Creepvines, and found some.. interesting, to say the least, fish. I'll save the data for later logs.
Since the Aurora's explosion, I've found several fragmented parts of things. From a Seaglide to solar panels. All useful in this situation.

The seaglide takes up too much battery power, and I am without a way to charge the batteries for now. I'll have to keep constructing new ones to keep this thing useful.
I was bitten by some weird mosquito like fish, bashed it off before it could drain me. There have been a few close calls with the wildlife, specifically Stalkers (Cheeki Breeki) and these 'bone' shark things. Think like a great white was flattened by a steamroller, and stick it into some armor, and that's pretty much the best description I can come up with at the time. The stupid Habitat Constructor is missing the large room blueprints, so I have to go find wrecks or something and get the data that way. {Why didn't they just put all the data on this thing in the first place!?}
I'll likely see if I can find any more fragments scattered about, the best place to look would be the Aurora itself, but I cannot get there on just this seaglide. I need a Seamoth or a Cyclops for that. Note to self, build two moonpools when possible.
I should call out how beautiful the ocean is at night, so much bioluminescence! Also, I had constructed a Dive Reel, hoping it would be beneficial for me, turns out it's as useful as the golden yarn or whatever that was used to travel through the labyrinth. Couldn't have installed a mechanical winch? Come on guys, we have a mech that has a grappling hook, FFS.
If these logs are reaching anybody, please send help or some advice on what to do.

PRAWN Pilot, Adrian Wrex, Signing out again."

Day Three
"Today was an rather great day. I found the fragments to the Mobile vehicle bay / deployer thing, and a battery generator. (+ some furniture, woot woot.) Now all I have to do is actually find the vehicle frags to make.

I had some close calls with death, thankfully it didn't end here and there. these biting fish really suck, they gang up on you as you're trying to scan parts of a bio-fuel generator. (I STILL don't have the room needed to store that, or the fish tank. Ffs, seriously. Install all the data on this stuff.) I've also managed to go deeper than the deepest with no equipment already, albeit I have air tanks and such, but hey. World record... here that is. Catching fish is somewhat difficult, and I don't have any way of storing the fish safely.

When I was collecting fragments, I believe to have spotted an island, but I'm so lonely that I think I may be going insane. (Yes, after two days I think I am going insane.)

I don't really know what to talk about now, then.

PRAWN Pilot Survivor Adrian Wrex, Signing out a third time.

maybe one day he'll get back his beloved prawn

maybe one day he'll get back his beloved prawn
Most certainty. But due to the circumstances, he dosen't count himself as a official worker on the aurora, considering he is the last survivor of the Aurora crash. So he is a Survivor, not an Employee.