The Chronology of the Blockland Forums

Author Topic: The Chronology of the Blockland Forums  (Read 210824 times)

I think I have the most topics archived

Wow I just found this topic and had the most incredible nostalgia. It's been a while folks.

Wow I just found this topic and had the most incredible nostalgia. It's been a while folks.
Welcome back

This was like going down memory lane. I honestly remember a decent portion of some of the earlier stuff, things kind of trailed off around 2015 and onward.

Been viewing this thread for the past couple days or so and god it is hard to believe I've been registered here for about a decade now. I'm not quite sure why I keep returning- it's almost like an itch that I need to scratch. I think it's because every time I do visit something big changes for the worst, and in the back of my mind, I think that one visit might be my last before this place is gone forever.

Going back into those old threads is such a blast back in time. Seeing old names that were once regulars but have now moved on makes me wonder where they are right now, what they're doing nowadays, and if they ever still think about Blockland sometimes. Looking at it, it looks like some log in 4 to 6 years after their last post probably for the same reasons I drop by sometimes.

I registered when I was only 11 years old. Definitely too young to have been using a public forum at the time so I'm surprised I only got banned once. Being here definitely shaped my youth and definitely whipped me quicker into maturity compared to my peers at the time.

It will be interesting to see how Brickadia will carry on some of the community seeing how many have migrated over. I considered making and prototyped my own Blockland clone in OpenGL but looking at all these threads and what Badspot had to put up for 15 years; I decided to drop the project. I say good luck to the Brickadia team because they will have to deal with the same issues in the future, no matter how much they try to mitigate it. If I had to take the position of Badspot for those 15 years I would have just sold the game to some big company and let them deal with the moderation while I bathed in money.

I think my biggest regret though will always be not having a bigger impact on the game or community. I wish I contributed more to builds and developing game content while making a name for myself but oh well.

If you're one of the older users from 2005 to around 2013 and you're reading this: thanks for the memories. :)

Even if the forums die, just remember that we outlasted loving Facepunch.

I was most active on the Forums between '09-'14/'15 - but one of the things I remember the most was the Blockland Cytube and sharing really ridiculous videos in the vain of the "Important Videos" YouTube playlist.

Even if the forums die, just remember that we outlasted loving Facepunch.

hey at least gmod still gets updates

Forum registration seems to have been fixed as of yesterday

More time has been borrowed, gentlemen

Forum registration seems to have been fixed as of yesterday

More time has been borrowed, gentlemen
Rejoice, we have been saved!

Might want to add the key leak that happened last night

nevermind it was added

steam only is probably big