Author Topic: The Chronology of the Blockland Forums  (Read 189396 times)

i can't see any other reason that badspot would be putting up with "managing" the forum though, i get that it's free advertisement for the game itself but that ship sailed quite a while ago, especially since we're in battle royale mode atm

afaik it's a home server so it probably doesn't cost that much to run but still i would think he would just close it eventually
its literally just a repo for add-ons, if he closes it down he loses literally all the content for his game thats on steam.

god imagine trying to find addons if this place died

new players would simply not exist as theres nowhere for them to find useful info about the game too

i imagine this place will die with the master server. so until then, this place will just increasingly fade away.

forgot about the whole addons thing lol

its fine guys lets just make rtb 2

its fine guys lets just make rtb 2
!!!! WHAT A GREAT IDEA WHY DIDNT ANYONE THINK OF THAT>?!?!?!

I'm surprised that there's little to no documentation of in-game incidents/memes/in-jokes. Maybe it's good to have a separation between the forums and the game itself but I think it would've been cool to try to preserve happenings in the game itself i.e. profound add-ons, videos, builds, etc. in the overall timeline.

Just my two cents

i wna b teh doge, tuna can, he's right about him being right, that's a snake, monster by skillet, what else. let's make a list

Extremely old forums meme was if someone posted really quickly while you came up with a reply, you'd see people type something like:

EDIT: Ninja

---

As for in game, rlcbm spawning in with time updates and disconnecting immediately after is what's fresh in my mind lately
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 07:05:28 PM by TurnipBlog »

I'm surprised that there's little to no documentation of in-game incidents/memes/in-jokes. Maybe it's good to have a separation between the forums and the game itself but I think it would've been cool to try to preserve happenings in the game itself i.e. profound add-ons, videos, builds, etc. in the overall timeline.

Just my two cents
It's harder to keep track of/archive in-game incidents, happenings, and memes, so i feel like a 'Chronology of Blockland' would just be very broken up and have a lot of hearsay

Anyone is welcome to try this, however

Extremely old forums meme was if someone posted really quickly while you came up with a reply, you'd see people type something like:

EDIT: Ninja
ninja was used more as a "you said what i was going to say, cunt" rather than just a thread going super fast.
say you wanted to call someone a sick forget for trying to have love with a tuna jar, and as you were writing that another person said the exact same thing and beat you to the punch; that would be a ninja moment.

that wasn't really an exclusive thing to this board too, it was more of forum culture back then.
same with -snip- in quoted posts to remove images so you don't pagestretch and cause the i286 to explode.

another was "Pageloss" - a lot of the time the final post of a threads page would go unnoticed and unread, if that happened then you'd occasionally see that person repost it on the next page.
truthfully, this served no purpose other than showing who was desperate for attention.

i thought ninja was used when somebody caught somebody else editing a post before the minute threshold where it broadcasts to everybody on the forum that you edited your post at that time -thus: ninja edit

i thought ninja was used when somebody caught somebody else editing a post before the minute threshold where it broadcasts to everybody on the forum that you edited your post at that time -thus: ninja edit
me too

pretty sure it was this yeah, as it was "ninja edit" originally

thread going fast/your post getting done by soemone else iirc usually just resulted in the poster including the warning message with their post and going "goddamnit" or whatever