Author Topic: The Chronology of the Blockland Forums  (Read 248912 times)

gone are the days of trying to post at the same time as someone else.

gone are the days of trying to post at the same time as someone else.
I remember it got to a point where people would actually be banned if they posted the warning message

I miss when there were 40,000 posts in a day

I remember it got to a point where people would actually be banned if they posted the warning message

I miss when there were 40,000 posts in a day
holy stuff good times

Obv if you were to include other in-game memes, you'd want to mention "Hey how do you..." "ctrl + k" or the old "(message) for admin" routine.

In terms of forums memes, I really liked when bandwagon threads were common or whatever degree of avatar fads - forced or otherwise. It was cool to see people contributing to one another's ideas.

~

Oh! And cytube was a fun one too, where you'd watch YouTube videos together. Pretty sure Gatysh made that one a pretty eventful thing way back when

ctrl-k is still and will always be my killbind in all games where it is relevant

Yo wtf is this "borrowed time" stuff? I know Badspot said it but the amount of times I just heard it in Death Stranding is making me think he was referencing something.

Yo wtf is this "borrowed time" stuff? I know Badspot said it but the amount of times I just heard it in Death Stranding is making me think he was referencing something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WggUweuTFxg

Borrowed time is just everywhere

pretty sure it was this yeah, as it was "ninja edit" originally

thread going fast/your post getting done by soemone else iirc usually just resulted in the poster including the warning message with their post and going "goddamnit" or whatever
yeah that was it lol
i haven't seen it used in a LONG time so i must've got it mixed up at some point.

Obv if you were to include other in-game memes, you'd want to mention "Hey how do you..." "ctrl + k" or the old "(message) for admin" routine.
/sad panda
borrowed time is a well-established idiom. badspot did not invent it

Truly the BLF has the deepest lore of any message board
Facts. I've yet to find any other forum quite like this.

nothing will beat the early 2010s just playing blockland and browsing the forums

I tried somethingawful but have recently found D.GG which is pretty comfy. It's kinda weird following a single streamer heavily but tbh it's kinda the same feeling as badspot and these forums

Update
Wow wtf did I just walk into?
Im like oh havent checked on forums in a while whats going on here?
Ah just badspot mocking someone for reporting blatant family values.
Its kinda comforting to see not much has changed.

Does anyone know the history of Epliptats becoming a mod? (I have no idea how to spell their name) They seemed fairly mature from what I remember.

bonus points: Why bisjac lost their title? I think he had a real title for a bit?