The Chronology of the Blockland Forums

Author Topic: The Chronology of the Blockland Forums  (Read 249039 times)

He rode on his high horse of developing Return to Blockland, only to eventually give up on one of the greatest mod managers because of god I can't even remember.
I think it had to do with Blockland's lack of reception after it's Steam Greenlight phase

Yeah, basically
However in my opinion the Steam launch was underwhelming, badly co-ordinated and still has a number of non-trivial problems that haven't been resolved a month and a half or so later. Honestly I expected game development to be taken a bit more seriously given the potential for a much wider audience but it's just not materialised and I got bored of putting more effort into the game than the guys who make it. I offered to develop community features and services for free as an official part of Blockland but there wasn't much interest or follow-up on that.

So with my free time running out due to a recent job promotion I'm having to pick what I want to spend it on more carefully and I really can't justify spending any more of it on modding Blockland. I'll continue to play and moderate because it's a great game but I'm done developing.

I think it had to do with Blockland's lack of reception after it's Steam Greenlight phase

Yeah, basically

This was like his one W almost but the fact he just abandoned it is still kind of stuffty in retrospect. Yeah it's a stuffty situation to be in but then actively disabling your code and making it so people can't use your toys just because you won't be around to play with it was a supreme richard move. So much stuff broken by that

What an absolute dog stuff year this is turning out to be not even three weeks in. Roll this mess back to 2019, we deserve a do-over.
without covid this time, right? ...right?

What an absolute dog stuff year this is turning out to be not even three weeks in. Roll this mess back to 2019, we deserve a do-over.
Man, if we're going back, we're fixing this stuff from the moment it all went wrong. Throw that crap back to 2012 so we can all make some better decisions.

This was like his one W almost but the fact he just abandoned it is still kind of stuffty in retrospect. Yeah it's a stuffty situation to be in but then actively disabling your code and making it so people can't use your toys just because you won't be around to play with it was a supreme richard move. So much stuff broken by that

you know, as an oldcigarette i'll say that when I recently voiced my opinion that greenlighting this game killed it, everyone in the server got pissed.

as if we didn't watch this game sell out what made it what it is, to become some abandoned game on steam all so he could rake in an extra chunk of change from newcomers.

if this game never got the excessive attention it did that made badspot feel like he could just give up on the game, i'm sure we'd still be vibing with cool maps, AND probably shaders. but no, he half assed it, cut the game in half, then left it to die. what a shame.

you know, as an oldcigarette i'll say that when I recently voiced my opinion that greenlighting this game killed it, everyone in the server got pissed.

as if we didn't watch this game sell out what made it what it is, to become some abandoned game on steam all so he could rake in an extra chunk of change from newcomers.

if this game never got the excessive attention it did that made badspot feel like he could just give up on the game, i'm sure we'd still be vibing with cool maps, AND probably shaders. but no, he half assed it, cut the game in half, then left it to die. what a shame.
he probably would've abandon it much sooner if it didn't get on steam right away.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
Bump

the IDF vs Hamas might be a funny one to add to the chronology. it's just OP ratio'ing himself and claiming everyone is a "bad faith" poster and then locked the thread from the pressure.

not really a big deal, but for 2024 standards it's probably the most interesting thing for this year so far imo

master matthew loving gayyyyyyyyyy

ftfy
it's all different types of gay babes. love that for u tho