[NEWS] cop shoots black guy for thinking he was about to pull out a firearm

Author Topic: [NEWS] cop shoots black guy for thinking he was about to pull out a firearm  (Read 5632 times)

induces enough stress/anguish/whatever to justify them gunning down compliant black people.

I'm not justifying the cop shooting the unarmed civilian, I'm empathizing with it

Nobody is trying to justify what he's doing you idiot

I get that more black people are killed by police but people only care when a black man is killed. Other people are also killed and nobody gives a crap because they're not black.

I remember when a white cop was trying to be nice to this white suspect. Did not do a search on him, did not draw his gun out. Was polite.

Then the suspect pulled a gun on the cop and killed the cop.

But a nice cop being shot doesn't make the same attention as defensive cop shooting potential dangerous victim.

I remember when a white cop was trying to be nice to this white suspect. Did not do a search on him, did not draw his gun out. Was polite.

Then the suspect pulled a gun on the cop and killed the cop.

But a nice cop being shot doesn't make the same attention as defensive cop shooting potential dangerous victim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_world_syndrome

I get that more black people are killed by police but people only care when a black man is killed. Other people are also killed and nobody gives a crap because they're not black.

Bias media makes people indignant, and indignant people are easier to exploit.

Nice cops don't sell the whole "tribal America" message

People that choke and make the wrong split second decision? I get that it's his fault for reacting too quickly but it's completely understandable as to why the officer would react the way he did to a guy reaching for something.

You gotta understand the amount of stuff cops put up an a daily basis. You can't go through all that and not be paranoid and jumpy to a fault. With that said, the officer still should not have fired at the civilian.
It isn't completely understandable at all. A logical cop with a brain should realize that if you asked someone to reach and show you their ID and they reach into their pocket, they are doing as you say.

Nice cops don't sell the whole "tribal America" message

K what about the statistic of black males killing police.

Because black males killing police is HIGHER than police killing blacks.

It's not that we are tribal, it's that a large majority of black people are violent and we tend to not want to be around violent people.

t's that a large majority of black people are violent and we tend to not want to be around violent people.
Do not say that here

A logical cop with a brain should

Yeah I agree that he should have realized that he was reaching for his ID, but he didn't.

How people react to this after things like this happen sets precedents for cops. The sorta "forget up once and your life and career are ruined forever" sort of thing.

K what about the statistic of black males killing police.

Because black males killing police is HIGHER than police killing blacks.

It's not that we are tribal, it's that a large majority of black people are violent and we tend to not want to be around violent people.
What the forget. A large majority? Ahahaha

i don't like this idea that we should all bend over backwards so that a cop doesn't get scared and accidentally shoot us. the police serve us--not the other way around.

citizens provide the cop's paychecks in exchange for protection, and that is what they should be providing. if anything, police officers should be protected less than standard citizens. they understand the risks associated with their job, and they are willing to take those risks to help protect the public.

so this mentality i see a lot of "you need to be really careful around the police or else you should expect to be shot" is pretty ridiculous. i mean, maybe it's true, but acting like this is a given fact of life is becoming far to complacent with subjugation. police in other nations don't act anything like those here.

~~~

that being said, anger over cops being suspended with pay is also misguided. until you have been convicted of a crime you are innocent, and you cannot dock an innocent man's pay.

but i really think cops should wear mandatory body-cams. i think it would help police officers just as much as it helps their victims. anyone who disagrees with police monitoring is an idiot
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 03:44:23 PM by McZealot »

the police serve us--not the other way around.

Police aren't public servants

Police aren't public servants
Is he wrong though? They serve us by protecting us.

What the forget. A large majority? Ahahaha

Have you seen detroit?

Have you seen Africa?

Have you seen black refugees increasing the crime rate in peaceful countries by 200%?

Yes, a large majority of black people are violent. This is not stereotyping or discrimination. It's a fact.