[NEWS] cop shoots black guy for thinking he was about to pull out a firearm

Author Topic: [NEWS] cop shoots black guy for thinking he was about to pull out a firearm  (Read 5482 times)

True that white people are killed the most. But if you search up unarmed killings by police, black people dominate the stats.
i wouldn't doubt that

A muscular black person that can lift 500 pounds isn't exactly considered fragile when unarmed.

Do not say that here

Yeah. Ffs Tony you consider blacks to be "people"?

SMH

A muscular black person that can lift 500 pounds isn't exactly considered fragile when unarmed.
Are you implying we should judge a book by it's cover? In other words if a black man "looks violent" the police should use much more force on him?

and you think that's typical do you

Yeah. Ffs Tony you consider blacks to be "people"?

SMH
That's not what I meant at all

Are you implying we should judge a book by it's cover?

profiling is kinda really important in law enforcement

there could be less cops AND less black people.
statistical (violence) fact would imply this is a good solution.

Are you implying we should judge a book by it's cover? In other words if a black man "looks violent" the police should use much more force on him?

If Obama looked violent he wouldn't be president.

If Obama looked violent he wouldn't be president.
Has he ever pulled a gun

The black culture is to wear gold chains, baggy pants, gold teeth, etc so they can appear violent.

Then they wonder why they get shot.

Has he ever pulled a gun

do drone strikes count? because hes broken some records there.

i don't like this idea that we should all bend over backwards so that a cop doesn't get scared and accidentally shoot us. the police serve us--not the other way around.
Put yourself in the cop's shoes for a second and think how they feel. Traffic stops may seem mundane, but they're actually a very large portion of police deaths.

Also, if things as simple as informing police you're carrying and keeping your hands in sight are what you consider "bending over backwards" then you probably have some bigger personal issues

The black culture is to wear gold chains, baggy pants, gold teeth, etc so they can appear violent.

Then they wonder why they get shot.

Worst bait ever

51% of cop killers in 2013 were black. The amount of crime blacks commit is also disproportionate compared to the size of their population. If you want to see a reduction of the prevalence of black people being killed by police then we ought to seek education and community reform in low income areas (which are majority populated by blacks) which are hotbeds for crime.

Making black people hate the cops even more and teaching them that they have to be scared of cops is the opposite of a solution, because people feeling unsafe or belligerent in law enforcement scenarios is the root cause of police killings
But look at how even in cases where black people are compliant, they end up dead? Just off the top of my head, I'd say Sandra Bland, Philando Castile, Alton Sterling, and Eric Garner are all examples of this.