Author Topic: No Man's Sky Official Megathread  (Read 102151 times)

I would buy it in a hearbeat if the reviews were good and it had Co-Op. That'd be really fun to have someone in the ship with you.

One of my very favorite games on Steam is Pulsar: Lost Colony. It's insanely early access but it's so much fun. You and a crew of up to 5 players each get specific roles aboard a ship, and you work together to stay alive and beam down to explore alien planets. It gets boring due to a lack of depth after awhile but the core gameplay is brilliant for a few hours. The updates are huge and substantive, with new ships, planets, modules, ect.

Also, it's capped to 30fps on Playstation. Of course.

I'm worried Sony would try to enforce a contact making it 30fps on PC as well, which would be outrageous. That happens frequently with games that released on Steam locked at 30fps.

I'm worried Sony would try to enforce a contact making it 30fps on PC as well, which would be outrageous. That happens frequently with games that released on Steam locked at 30fps.

what, they do that so they don't have to worry as much about competing with PCs? what a stuffty thing to do

Its released where i llive already

edit: yea it released globally on PS4. i dont concern myself with peasants

what, they do that so they don't have to worry as much about competing with PCs? what a stuffty thing to do
Well, they get a contract saying that the game has to be graphically identical on all platforms. Since the PS isn't as powerful as the PC, they end up downgrading before releasing to Steam. This is why PC games get capped at 30fps.

Also, I'm excited to hear that it's more survival focused than expected, but man, the grass in NMS looks absolutely terrible. Some of the worst I've ever green. It's either floating, or really splotchy, and it occasionally looks entirely 2-dimensional.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 10:50:59 AM by McZealot »

I would buy it in a hearbeat if the reviews were good and it had Co-Op. That'd be really fun to have someone in the ship with you.

One of my very favorite games on Steam is Pulsar: Lost Colony. It's insanely early access but it's so much fun. You and a crew of up to 5 players each get specific roles aboard a ship, and you work together to stay alive and beam down to explore alien planets. It gets boring due to a lack of depth after awhile but the core gameplay is brilliant for a few hours. The updates are huge and substantive, with new ships, planets, modules, ect.

That sounds like a pretty cool concept, like a coop FTL.

hYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

forget it's aug 12th not 9th

hYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

no, bad dog

They can't play it off like this, don't blame me for expecting features you talked about since day one.

Good.

Page I quoted from
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 01:37:35 PM by Maya67 »

Console peasant race reporting in

keep the receipt
hey if you're just going to sit around here constantly making comments about "boohoo the game is so bad" then get out.

we get it, you dislike the game, you dont need to remind us every other god damn post.

hey if you're just going to sit around here constantly making comments about "boohoo the game is so bad" then get out.

we get it, you dislike the game, you dont need to remind us every other god damn post.

i was just offering a useful piece of advice that's applicable to any time you buy something that you're likely to return

especially when you buy two at once hot damn
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 04:10:29 PM by Frequency »

i was just offering a useful piece of advice that's applicable to any time you buy something that you're likely to return

if its something youre probably going to return, then sure its applicable to you but maybe not them? im excited for the game personally, and if you dont like it then that's your thing but no need to try and spoil other people's fun and excitement

in the ama with sean murray, he said that Sony havent been involved with the development, so i think the 30fps on console was a limtation of the system and not some form of contract.

in other news, im skeptical about the multiplayer as two streamers have been on the same planet, at the same spot at the same time yet they can't see each other, (plus multiple reports of coming across already discovered planets) so i guess it's been scrapped or gotten rid of for now, or maybe its just a bug. thats not a problem for me, but i can see why its a turn off.