Blockland Euro Cup 2016 [*SEASON BREAKDOWN* | Page 21]

Author Topic: Blockland Euro Cup 2016 [*SEASON BREAKDOWN* | Page 21]  (Read 46087 times)

I already filled my form up
and damn the build is nice, but why add a big ass wall to prevent players from seeing if they can just save it and load it?

btw nice topic I like the layout

I already filled my form up
and damn the build is nice, but why add a big ass wall to prevent players from seeing if they can just save it and load it?

btw nice topic I like the layout
Almost no one is gonna waste time doing that, putting a wall there prevents spoilers for many.

Almost no one is gonna waste time doing that, putting a wall there prevents spoilers for many.
I guess it works that way, im curious what it actually looks like tho
when does the tournament starts?

when does the tournament starts?
We are currently planning on the tournament to start on August 12th or 13th. Somewhere around there, don't quote me on it though, things could always change.

The free agents page has been updated.

If you are looking for players check it out now.

FREE AGENTS LIST

Is there a broadcast link or video of the RMC vs AMC gold medal final? That game was really intense and I really just wanna watch that epic last second goal by Chill.

I don't think anyone couldve predicted all of the moves between players of Poland, Spain, and Wales yesterday lol its not even the same league roster wise

Is there a broadcast link or video of the RMC vs AMC gold medal final? That game was really intense and I really just wanna watch that epic last second goal by Chill.
Yes there is! Thanks goes to Skill4Life for casting such a great finals match last year. Here is the link if anyone wishes to watch it: http://www.twitch.tv/zuijj/v/13795000

Rules Clarification Post
Greetings all GBFL players - We have decided to clarify a few of our old confusing rules and have made some brand new rules for this year! So with that in mind, it is really important everyone participating reads over these changes. If you are still unsure of how to properly play or if you have any questions about the rules, contact WALDO or Jam Jar and we’ll be glad to help!

Rules & Guidelines

Above you will find a link to the full set of our rules and guidelines and underneath we have a few of the important changes we've decided to highlight set out in a table.

Law. 4 c. -
"The ball will remain in play until it either crosses the goal line or goes off the pitch (if that be while on the ground or in the air), which is defined by the entire ball completely passing over the thick white line next to out of bounds. It is up to the referee's discretion to decide whether or not the ball is in or out of play. When the referee calls the ball as out, a single whistle will be heard which indicates to stop play immediately. Always pass the ball to the referee when told to."

Law. 5 d. -
"Any players who defend close up against a throw in must be a couple studs away from the player kicking it in. Any players defending during a corner kick must be at least 32 studs away from the player taking the corner, which is shown on the field by a transparent line. If you are standing too close, a referee will ask you to back up. You may not get close until after the player taking the kick, passes it in. A redo for the kick will be issued if any players defend too close up before the kick goes off. If a player repeatedly stands too close, a yellow card will be handed out."

Law. 6 b. -
"The reverse standing kick shot exploit (that uses the camera mod or any other client sided add-on to assist you) will not be counted as a goal and there will be no redos. A goal kick will be called if this shot occurs and a yellow card will be issued out to the offending player."

Law. 7 d. -
“Goalie Interference Call: Opposing players are never allowed to prevent a goalie from being able to save a ball that is heading on net or on goal, whether that be ramming into the goalie or preventing the goalie from moving by standing directly in front of the goalie. Interfering the goalie like so will result in an automatic goal kick for the goalkeeper. (Refer to the Goal Kicks section) Goalies are still allowed to slam against any other player at any time, just as long as it’s not a foul. (See Law. 8 a.) This ruling is enforced on a call by call basis and is up to the referee's discretion. Repeatedly interfering on purpose with a goalie from making a save, will result in that player receiving a yellow card.”

Law. 9 c. -
"If it’s a penalty kick, the only 2 players that should be inside the penalty box are the goalkeeper of the defending team and the victim of the misconduct. (See Law. 8 a.)  When the whistle is blown by the referee, the attacking player is free to take his kick while all other players can only watch outside of the big box until the ball leaves the player’s foot. The player taking the penalty kick must shoot on the net and cannot pass it to a fellow teammate. If the ball doesn’t make contact with the goalie or the goal posts but stays in bound it is a dead ball and becomes a goal kick. If the penalty kick goes out of bounds it becomes a goal kick.  If the ball rebounds off the crossbar (the top center bar, rebounding off the side bars doesn't count), it is a live ball and all players are allowed to enter the box and grab the ball. But if the goalie hits the ball at any time, even before or after the ball hits the crossbar, it is a save and a goal kick is called. If the ball goes in the net it is a goal and the game will go to a tip off."

Referee Developments
We also have some other changes surrounding the subject of referees, detailing who can referee and administrate matches.

To help the smooth running of the Euro Cup season, players are now allowed to participate as referees. This will help spread the load of work between experienced and hand picked people that have been approved by the commissioners. This will help ensure there is no bias referee work takes place during official Euro Cup matches. If you are a player and feel as though you could help out by reffing, use the link underneath to sign up at the GBFL website. You will be assigned either head referee or linesman. Linesmen assist the head referee in making calls and being an extra pair of eyes, while the head referee calls the shots of the match.

We will be going over the applications shortly and making our final decisions, so get applying!

Finally, to clarify a few loose ends and questions we keep hearing.
If a commissioner, referee, or admin is partaking in a game with their own team, their admin and their management position powers are temporarily revoked until said game is finished. This is to further prevent any bias.

Referees have also been given full responsibility to call all on-field rulings. Commissioners who are managing the game controls are not allowed to decide rulings for referees but are allowed to support and communicate with them. The head referee of said match will always have the final say on all field ruling.

We would also like to thank Kingston, Geese, Chakada, and plenty of other players for all their support and suggestions they've given to commissioners. The GBFL staff greatly appreciates your efforts!!
If rulings are changed during any point of this tournament, an official announcement post will be issued to all Captains and a post will be made here on the thread. Stay tuned for the countdown of the Euro Cup teams being confirmed!

If you still wish to sign up as a new team, now is the time to do so before we close team captain applications at 12:00pm EST on 11th August 2016.

TL;DR
  • Some updated/new rules
  • Players can now also participate as referees
  • Outlining information about reffing
  • Thanks to Kingston, Geese, Chakada, and plenty other for help

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:09:35 PM by Jam_Jar »

This is a singing competition now?

KARAOKE NIGHT TONIGHT ON GBFL DISCORD SERVER

Simon Cowell will be judging as well, so be sure to sing your heart out!