Author Topic: RPGs Extended (RPGx) - Wiki Updated  (Read 37369 times)

Check out the wiki tutorial here: http://rpgx.wikia.com/wiki/RPGx_Wikia

This topic is dedicated to the development of the version 5 update of Item Storage (now called RPGs Extended or "RPGx"). I thought it would be a good idea to release an alpha version of the add-on publicly for testing - not just to get feedback on its development, but also so the community can try it out before the official release. Over time, v5 became much more than just about storage - it evolved into a full-fledged RPG system. The mod includes:

Over 160 Items
- Over 160 items and 66 bricks have been included with the add-on. Config files are also included which allow you to disable unwanted RPGx bricks and items.

Crafting & Item Forming
- New items can be crafted using either Item Crafting, General Crafting or Grid Forming. "Crafting" works similar to games like Minecraft, while "Forming" allows you to shape a new item out of various materials. Fallout-style crafting is also planned on being added in the future. Recipes can be managed via the Drafting Table GUI.

Hunger / Thirst
- Player hunger / thirst levels both gradually decrease randomly over time, if enabled. Your hunger level can be raised by eating any of the food items, and your thirst level can be raised by drinking water from a clay bowl, clay jug, silver cup or a flask - which can be refilled by using the item on a water brick.

Mining
- Mining allows you to dig for rock, ore or gems items. You can use the Pickaxe tool to dig into stone bricks - you can also set the percentage of how frequently harvestable bricks generate. Once mined, rock / ore / gem bricks will drop their corresponding items, which can be collected and used for crafting and item-modding.

Backpacks & Small Containers
- Backpacks and containers are included, which help expand your overall player inventory. Only backpacks / containers in your tools inventory can be modified; some even support being locked. An option has also been added that causes players to drop their backpack / containers on player death (enabled by default).

Shops
- Shops allow for easily setting up a system for buying or selling items via an event and reference files. Shops are automatically reset during scheduled ticks (which alters the shop's inventory - to simulate changing supply).

Events
- Countless input and output events are included, which allow you to check / modify stacks of items in specific inventories, randomize inventories, load shots or loot items, check if an inventory is unlocked or modified, detect when a certain tool is used on the brick, etc.

Door-Locking Support
- Events and support  for locking / unlocking doors are provided.

Loot
- The loot system allows you to randomly load items into a brick's inventory, based on a an event and reference files. Loot is automatically randomized during scheduled ticks.

Smelting, Baking & Cooking
- Items can altered using a furnace brick - such as baking clay objects or cooking food. You can customize what items become after being heated, as well as which items can be used to fuel the furnace.

Encumbrance
- The encumbrance system has also been completely rewritten. It can now be set up to either gradually slow players down as they take on weight or pass a certain weight limit, and / or to stop them completely if they pass another weight limit. Players also won't be able to move when accessing a brick's inventory (so they can't make changes to the brick's items from miles away).

Item Durability & Degradation
- A new feature included in v5 is Item Durability and Degradation. If enabled, items will loose "health" in 3 different ways: either gradually over time when stored in an inventory, when the item is used as a tool from your player inventory, or when the item is used as a tool for crafting, forming, modding, etc., within certain GUIs. Any items stored in clay jars, clay vessels, or within the cupboard brick will degrade 8 times slower over time.

Locks, Keys and Lock-Picking
- Certain brick, vehicle, backpack and container inventories can be locked, preventing other players from being able to open and make changes to that inventory. Different locks add varying levels of security to an inventory. An inventory can be locked and unlocked by simply moving / removing a lock item from an inventory's lock slot (marked with a lock icon). Inventories can be unlocked by having the corresponding key item in your player or backpack inventory, or in a container within your player inventory.

- Players can attempt to pick a lock and guess it's combination with a lockpick item (lock-picking acts like a puzzle / minigame). By default, locks don't have any combination applied to them. However, you can add your own, unique combination to locks and keys by using the Locksmith Table.

Hybrid Items
 - Backpacks and small containers have the option of being planted as a brick, which adds new, unique storage options. Items planted as bricks can be viewed by all players (not just yourself), and it also allows you to swap items between other backpacks or containers you may be carrying. Items can be planted by selecting the "Plant" button at the top of certain inventory GUIs, and picked up by selecting the "Pickup" button (also at the top of the window).

Vehicle Storage
- As requested, you'll be able to store items in vehicles; vehicle inventory sizes will probably be based on the size of the vehicle itself. All brick and vehicle inventories can also be viewed by multiple players. Simply click / activate a vehicle with one of the key items to view its inventory.

Display Cases
- Items stored in display case bricks will spawn physical items within the brick itself, making it appear like the item is actually on display - great for showing off loot and other valuables. Items within displays drop as items you can pickup once the brick is destroyed, and items will be automatically spawned when bricks are loaded from saves (if the inventory hasn't been destroyed).

- Note: There is an issue with certain items in which they don't stay within the display bounds (this is due to how they models are set up, but I'll try to fix this before the final release).

Item Modding
- The anvil brick is used for altering items: such as by repairing them, applying modifications or combining certain items together to form new ones. Items can be repaired by using a Restore Hammer tool in the brick's tool slot, along with the item you want to repair in the input slot.

- Items can be modified by combining them with various gems and when using the Mod Hammer; each colored gems applies a different modification to an item. Some of the modifications include increasing an items durability value, reducing it's weight, or applying a kick / burn / freeze effect to projectile-based weapons (the level of each effect increases each time it's applied, up to level 5).

- Some items can be combined in the anvil with the Blacksmith Hammer - such as joining two iron ingots together to create steel, or combining an iron ingot with one of the various blueprints to create a part for a tool (weapon parts require steel ingots when combined with blueprints in the anvil).

Toggleable Auto-Sorting
- Player's can toggle an option known as Auto-Sorting (via a checkbox near the bottom of the player inventory GUI), which when enabled, will automatically pickup and stack items in your player inventory (or in a backpack or container in your player inventory). Usually, if you already have an item in your player inventory (or if you don't have a free tool slot available), that item can't be picked up. This option is meant for gathering resources or for picking up multiple items at once.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:21:16 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

GUI Functions: Item Stacking, Auto-Stacking, Quick-Transfer, etc.
- The scripts for item stacking, auto-stacking, specific amount transferring and stack swapping have been greatly improved and simplified. Items can also be dropped via the backpack inventory by simply selecting a stack of items and then selecting the "drop cell" within a backpack's GUI (marked with a downward arrow). Items can also now be stacked in your player inventory, but certain items stacked in your player tools inventory can't be selected or used if the stack amount is greater than one).

- A Quick-Transfer option was added that allows for quickly transferring entire stacks of items (just set a key-bind for it in Options, hold the button you set up and select the desired stack). You can also specify a specific amount of items you want to transfer by first selecting the desired stack, then by selecting another cell you want to move it to via right-clicking. You can also quickly stack like-items within an inventory by quickly double-clicking an item stack.

Ammo & Third-Party Support
- Functions are provided which allow other developers to easily add ammo support (and other functionality) to their add-ons, based on RPGx's storage system.

Storage & Maintaining of Backpack Inventories
- Completely revamped storage system (it's a lot more efficient and you no longer have to name bricks to give them a unique storage ID). Backpacks and small containers will maintain their inventories, even when dropped and picked up by other players, or when stored in any of the various inventories.

Config File Support
- Configuration files have been included which allow you to toggle which objects (included with the RPGx mod) you want to be used for the server instance. There are two files included, which are created the first time you host the add-on on your server: "Blockland/Config/Server/RPGx_Beta/Settings/Config_Bricks.txt" allows you to toggle bricks and "Blockland/Config/Server/RPGx_Beta/Settings/Config_Items.txt" allows you to toggle items. Before starting your server, simply open either file and set the number before an object to "0" (without the quotes) to disable it, and "1" to keep it.

Settings Management
- This interface allows you to create, list and delete various crafting recipes, and will also allow for managing server or item settings.

- Note: When creating a new recipe, the server doesn't automatically check if a matching recipe already exists, so be careful to avoid having duplicate or conflicting recipes. There is also a hard limit of 1000 recipes per utility (i.e. for item crafting, general crafting, the crucible, etc.); anything beyond that won't be loaded from recipe saves.

- The GUI can be accessed via the Drafting Table brick (Super Admin only) or via a keybind, which you can set up in Options. It's recommended to have the default spear, bow and sword enabled, since some of the default recipes use them.

Downloads:

RPGx Objects Array.blb (a save that shows all of the bricks and items featured in the mod):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cc9kakucgs45ueg/RPGx+Objects+Array.bls

RPGs Extended Add-On (0.4.0Beta):
Main Download (Blockland Glass - 3.35 MB) https://blocklandglass.com/addons/addon.php?id=595

Add / Fix Before Final Release
Simplify third party functions (combine into one) and update bow / spear
Fix items disappearing when loading backpack (i.e. when a player picks up an item via auto-sorting)
Update mine bricks and add detail to gem items
Fix issue when first planting mine start room (bricks disappear)
Coin bags
Add Trench Coat item (?)
Rename RPGx_OpenStore to RPGx_SetStore; Add option to RPGx_SetStore and RPGx_SetLoot for "Resetting" the inventories (i.e. for day / night cyles)
Add events for modifying hunger and thirst
Change tick options to be based on minutes, hours and days (instead of milliseconds)
Event to set any brick as a storage brick
Ability to brew alcohol as vehicle fuel or as an anticeptic
Add sculpting knife to object array .blb save
Add recipe guide book
Desk + Book Writing (?)
Crucible
Armor (?)
Finish remaining items and brick models (fix console errors)
Add wood gathering
Add farming (?)
Custom combination lock windows + safes (?)
Sound & particle effects (i.e. for tools and when mining)
Test disconnect cleanup and rehosting / joining another server
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:23:50 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Osht first. Amazing stuff right here. The display cases are really just amazing.
~reserved
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 08:01:03 PM by Dragonoid.Slayer »

RPGs Extended Add-On (Alpha): (download being prepped, please wait...)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 08:42:26 PM by Conan »

Okay, the download link has been posted! Please let me know of any issues that come up, or what should be added / improved.

Well, first and foremost, my inventory deletes itself every time I open it up. :P I don't know if it's an option or what I would have to turn off to fix it.

I updated the link to this topic that appears when players are notified that they need to download the add-on (if they don't have it and attempt to use one of the features included). Please redownload to include the fix.

Well, first and foremost, my inventory deletes itself every time I open it up. :P I don't know if it's an option or what I would have to turn off to fix it.
I tried using one of the bricks and a backpack inventory and didn't run into that issue. :/ Which inventory did you use?

I tried using one of the bricks and a backpack inventory and didn't run into that issue. :/ Which inventory did you use?
It won't let me use any brick inventories because it says I need to be "0 meters" close. This happens with all related bricks.
Absolutely any inventory item (or using keybind) deletes all of my items off of my inventory, so I can even store anything.

Is there anything I'm using that may conflict with this?

It won't let me use any brick inventories because it says I need to be "0 meters" close. This happens with all related bricks.
Absolutely any inventory item (or using keybind) deletes all of my items off of my inventory, so I can even store anything.

Is there anything I'm using that may conflict with this?
Oh, that's an issue with loading default server settings. Just enter $RPGx_Settings.maxVehAccessDist = 7; into the console and it should fix that. Were you hosting a dedicated server or a normal server?

Oh, that's an issue with loading default server settings. Just enter $RPGx_Settings.maxVehAccessDist = 7; into the console and it should fix that. Were you hosting a dedicated server or a normal server?
Normal.
The command fixed the storage problem, but still got the items disappearing one.

Normal.
The command fixed the storage problem, but still got the items disappearing one.
The only thing I can think of is to try entering RPGx_initServerSetup(); into the console, which will force the server settings to initialize and hopefully fix whatever is preventing the items from being transferred. I'll look into it tomorrow and see if I can replicate the issue to find out what's causing it.

Is anyone else having this problem?