Author Topic: Whats the point anymore  (Read 5795 times)

Im just so tired
Physically and mentally. Ive been having the same stupid look on my face for the entire day. Jusy staring forward but not seeing anything infront of me. Nothing matters to me anymore. I just want to be with someone. I iust want to talk to somebody. I just want to hold old on to something. But I dont have any of those.
I feel so alone.
So powerless.
So useless.
And I know I can do something about it. But I just dont want to. I dont see the point in doing so and I dont know why.
I cant get myself to do anything. I dont want myself to do anything. I just want to lay down and rest.

perhaps instead of wallowing in self pity, you acknowledge some of the advice given to you here and actually try something instead of continuously whining (shocker, whining only makes it worse)

perhaps instead of wallowing in self pity, you acknowledge some of the advice given to you here and actually try something instead of continuously whining (shocker, whining only makes it worse)
i'd do what akio says and take the advice

i'm gonna be honest here, that sounds exactly like depression. i understand there is sort of a stigma around taking anti-depressants, but trust me, it works wonders. or rather, they heavily support you, and help you find happiness for yourself. if you aren't already seeing a therapist, go to one. if you don't have the money for multiple visits, you might just need to ask for a prescription and work on bettering yourself alone, or with friends. remember: taking care of and respecting yourself, even if it means doing things that some people would call "lazy" is a perfectly valid way to go about things, and you should really trust your instinct on what to do that makes you happy. there isn't much in this world worth sacrificing your happiness for.
this is the exact advice that he does not need
i suppose it was inevitable because of the location he decided to vent to, but this is a destructive and discouraging thing to say to anyone in this situation.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:11:34 PM by Poliwhirl »

I'm just like you Espio.

Wow.. Hopefully I didn't destroy Espio's feelings too much...

Keep on giving him advice that he won't read therapist kimon. you're the savior we all need

only 16 years old and already having an existential crCIA.

for actual advice, go out of your way to do things other than stuffpost on online forums.
you should also remember that while we are all going to die one day, it's best to just gloss over that detail and enjoy the ride while it lasts.
nobody has the perfect life, everyone has some sort of problem going on.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:16:29 PM by Refticus »

Wow.. Hopefully I didn't destroy Espio's feelings too much...

Keep on giving him advice that he won't read therapist kimon. you're the savior we all need
i'm not sure what you don't understand about "kicking a depressed person while they're down is awful", but in case you didn't know, he's already made it clear that he's not feeling too good about himself, and reinforcing that is doing more harm than me genuinely attempting to help someone.

i'm not sure what you don't understand about "kicking a depressed person while they're down is awful", but in case you didn't know, he's already made it clear that he's not feeling too good about himself, and reinforcing that is doing more harm than me genuinely attempting to help someone.
since when has telling somebody to man up and stop whining, "kicking them while they're down" ?
im not demeaning him in any way shape or form. i'm reinforcing that what he's doing right now only makes it worse. real life isnt a safe space. acknowledging that you're doing something wrong and that you need to change your approach is reality

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
the good ol im depressed and don't want to do anything
well as a depressed person who's tried to kill themselves before all I have to say is
suck it up buddy because doing things is the only way out

you'll never ever improve if you don't try to
nothing will ever come to you on a silver platter you have to go get it yourself

espio's startlife crCIA

Get up and get out there, there is no use in not trying to help yourself. There is a stuffload of things to do that it sounds like you just don't have the initiative to do. Hell, excercise is a great way to get rid of depression and all you need is yourself. Pushups, situps, other calisthetics and running don't require any equipment.

since when has telling somebody to man up and stop whining, "kicking them while they're down" ?
because belittling people for how they choose to vent makes them feel worse than how they feel while they're venting, maybe?
im not demeaning him in any way shape or form. i'm reinforcing that what he's doing right now only makes it worse. real life isnt a safe space. acknowledging that you're doing something wrong and that you need to change your approach is reality
it's really not that easy for most people with depression. it takes a while, possibly (but hopefully not) years of medication, therapy, healing, etc. to recover from something like this. trying to force depression away with raw willpower rarely ever works, and if it does, it's because there were other factors at play that allowed them to get out and do something.