Author Topic: Whats the point anymore  (Read 5781 times)

listen to the past advice mostly

i wouldn't say
Get out and loving do things.
something like this so harshly but yeah, you should start doing little stuff first, even if you dont feel like it. going on a walk or something definitely might make you feel better.

my first suggestion is that you go outside for a little like in the park or your backyard or something like that. just explore around, y-

Exercise is also good because it gets you out of the house too. It's not good or pleasant to be stuck in the house all day, all week.
It can just be nice to be out in the fresh air and the sun, and to see pretty places, and to see other people (even if you don't interact with them).

Going for a long walk, or a jog or a run or bike ride could be very relaxing and make you feel better. Just give yourself 30 minutes to an hour, or more, to stretch your legs and have a wander.

dangit lol, this ^^^^^

look in the newspaper for events around town, look up stuff online for things to do, make some small crafts projects, listen to some pumped up music. any little things that make you happy, keep on going from there

try to find a motivation to get yourself to want to do these things you eventually want to do. if you start a project with no motivation to complete it, where do you go from there? try to get pumped up, do said things above.

im sorry you're in this situation dude. good luck and hopefully you find some motivation soon

depression is, in fact, something

The problem here is that espio doesn't have depression

The problem here is that espio doesn't have depression
and you can say that for sure? cause to me it seems like he does, which is why i suggested he go to a therapist. if he doesn't, using the same methods that people do to deal with depression wouldn't hurt in the slightest

I'm not saying anything for sure, but blaming your own inaction on a sole cause like "Social anxiety" or "Depression" isn't healthy and going to therapy isn't going to help him if he isn't even going to try to improve things himself beforehand

This is one of the worst posts of this sort I've seen in a long time. It's like you want us to solve your problems. You don't have depression, or at least nothing severe, and you still have all the healthy desires that you should.

You keep writing about how you're gonna end up as a homeless crack addict or something. That's idiotic--you are in a stage of your life where you have just about every opportunity to make sure that doesn't happen. If you want praise, go do something impressive.

You're literally posting here and saying "man I want friends and attention even though I've done nothing to garner either".
If you want some friends, go make some when school starts up. And don't tell them about this cringy rant thing. If you want praise, do something impressive or kind. Volunteer at a shelter or go learn Javascript or something.

I'm not saying anything for sure, but blaming your own inaction on a sole cause like "Social anxiety" or "Depression" isn't healthy and going to therapy isn't going to help him if he isn't even going to try to improve things himself beforehand
usually the purpose of therapy is to get help for when you physically cannot improve things by yourself, and i'm starting to doubt you can empathize with that kind of situation by the way you're wording these posts.

i'm starting to doubt you can empathize with that kind of situation by the way you're wording these posts.

Who the forget are you to judge this? I've been in espio's spot and even worse because I was homeless and in an unfamiliar area. I think I have some loving perspective on the "Don't let yourself fall into a rut where you do nothing and regret doing nothing" because this very mindset could have easily killed me

i'm starting to doubt you can empathize with that kind of situation by the way you're wording these posts.
idea: consider that you might be wrong

Who the forget are you to judge this? I've been in espio's spot and even worse because I was homeless and in an unfamiliar area. I think I have some loving perspective on the "Don't let yourself fall into a rut where you do nothing and regret doing nothing" because this very mindset could have easily killed me
ok listen man what i'm talking about is nothing like being homeless. if you're homeless you physically need to TRY to do something or you really could die, but it's not like that at all with having a mental illness in an otherwise stable environment. i'm assuming he's not in any danger of becoming homeless, so i'm trying to give him advice that does not take the factor of being in a life-threatening situation into account.

I wasn't comparing my situation to his you dumbass, I was saying that I can definitely empathize with him because I understand where he's coming from and what his issue is

ok listen man what i'm talking about is nothing like being homeless. if you're homeless you physically need to TRY to do something or you really could die, but it's not like that at all with having a mental illness in an otherwise stable environment. i'm assuming he's not in any danger of becoming homeless, so i'm trying to give him advice that does not take the factor of being in a life-threatening situation into account.
uhh someone that has nothing presumably experiences much worse mentally  than some kid who sits at home

He wasn't saying the situations were identical, he was giving applicable advice based on his own experiences, which were far more dire then Espio's.

idea: consider that you might be wrong
This post is completely pointless.

uhh someone that has nothing presumably experiences much worse mentally  than some kid who sits at home
The level of mental anguish isn't very relevant right now.

being in a worse situation does not necessarily mean anything about your mental health. you could have nothing wrong mental illness-wise and be living on the streets, or you could be a billionaire with schizophrenia.
I wasn't comparing my situation to his you dumbass, I was saying that I can definitely empathize with him because I understand where he's coming from and what his issue is
sure i suppose you could emphasize, but it really seems like you're trying to apply the same logic used in your situation to his, but usually it doesn't work like that.
He wasn't saying the situations were identical, he was giving applicable advice based on his own experiences, which were far more dire then Espio's.
again, that advice might not be able to apply in this situation, and considering espio's responses thus far, i'm pretty convinced that it can't.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:48:48 PM by Poliwhirl »

This post is completely pointless.
uhh ok?
The level of mental anguish isn't very relevant right now.
pointing out that ike is coming from a place where he can empathize with espio is definitely applicable

Well, looking past the arguement at large, for a couple months I had actually felt similar. Sure, it wasnt long term, but the reason it had not become that way is because I found a way out. No point to life? I couldnt have been more than wrong. I enjoyed writing and drawing to an extent, aswell as watching cartoons that exceed my age group and reading books, I stuck onto that entertainment, which pushed me to realise how I could make my own life worth it by the end, while entertaining others. I decided to start pushing my abilities, my goal to someday be part of a company or team like Cartoon Network, making entertainment for others. It gave me an idea for a reason life has a point, which ended the short crCIA on my end. Find your own little skill, think of how you can use it to great impact. It doesnt have to be something ultra unique or a thing youre good at, just something you enjoy doing. I think Ive stated it before, maybe, but its the best advice I can encourage on my own.