Whats the point anymore

Author Topic: Whats the point anymore  (Read 5778 times)

Dig yourself out of that hole before it's too late, the place where I live is boring as forget. I live out in the country in Michigan and everyone who lives around me is either old or a young adult, none of my friends live near me and I'm mostly doing things by myself unless it's playing games online by myself, honestly Espio I would just wander around outside for a while, get something to do like ride a bike or skateboard, or shoot some hoops.

because belittling people for how they choose to vent makes them feel worse than how they feel while they're venting, maybe?
christ, even espio isn't big enough of a baby to get so offended over my statement
it's really not that easy for most people with depression. it takes a while, possibly (but hopefully not) years of medication, therapy, healing, etc. to recover from something like this. trying to force depression away with raw willpower rarely ever works, and if it does, it's because there were other factors at play that allowed them to get out and do something.
i never suggested that it isn't easy

Itll probably be some stuffty office job for 45 loving years untill I retare at the age of 65 and die the next die because of the chronic backpain I got from sitting on my ass all day because a stuffty office job is the only loving job my frail body can handle. I just want to do something that will contribute to the world. A job where people say I did a great damn job. The only job I see myself doing is fixing and assembling PC's n stuff. But probably all there is to do is removing snake enlargement virusses because people are too handicapped to get a virus in the first place. I dont want to do that same exact thing for 45 years.
this might be your problem espio, maybe being a computer technician just is not your thing?
look into other topics you are interested in, see if they're something you can get a career in or an education for.

Seriously start working out or lifting weights

It'll help increase self efficacy, motivation, physical and mental well being plus you'll be jacked and fit

Youre 16 now's the time to start man

christ, even espio isn't big enough of a baby to get so offended over my statement
you don't know that. hell, i felt offended and you weren't even talking to me. that was just a rude as hell thing to say.
i never suggested that it isn't easy
you suggested that he "actually try something instead of continuously whining" (noticeably hostile language, btw) without actually giving him any constructive methods of achieving this, so you honestly might as well have told him to go forget himself.

Get out and loving do things.

Best advice here and it works.

you don't know that. hell, i felt offended and you weren't even talking to me. that was just a rude as hell thing to say.
getting offended easily sounds like a personal issue
you suggested that he "actually try something instead of continuously whining" (noticeably hostile language, btw)
babying people is arguably worse than being assertive. if he's treated like a kid getting through his teenage emotional dilemma, he's going to come out of it overly fragile and sensitive. i'm not saying that being gentle is wrong, i'm saying you have to face the facts to get over something like this.
without actually giving him any constructive methods of achieving this
other people gave him the constructive methods which is what i was clearly pointing him to.
so you honestly might as well have told him to go forget himself.
oh PLEASE kimon lol. aggressive action isn't the end of the world, you don't need to bust a nut

babying people is arguably worse than being assertive. if he's treated like a kid getting through his teenage emotional dilemma, he's going to come out of it overly fragile and sensitive. i'm not saying that being gentle is wrong, i'm saying you have to face the facts to get over something like this.
it's a good thing you're not a therapist if your solution is to skip all the BABY healing garbage and force yourself into a better state of mind with raw willpower
oh PLEASE kimon lol. aggressive action isn't the end of the world, you don't need to bust a nut
no nuts have been busted, pal. you were just acting like a richard. if you really were trying to point him towards constructive methods of getting better, your post could have been much more brief and far less aggressive.

Best advice here and it works.

yeah, it really does. i never really thought of it until i was 18, mostly because i prefer to be inside. after being with friends who like to stay up all night and drive around at night, i love being outside rather than in. for a few months i practically worked during the day and got with my friends to go downtown (chicago) at night. when i'm off or they don't want to chill with me, i just either get on my skateboard or bike around my town. it's relaxing really, and you should try it.

Please do consider most of our advice, youre a good person espio, try to move past this predicament. Im sure you will.

it's a good thing you're not a therapist if your solution is to skip all the BABY healing garbage and force yourself into a better state of mind with raw willpower

Healing? There is nothing to recover from when nothing has happened. More pointless stalling before espio actually does something to make his life better, or even worse trap him in some feedback loop of where he goes through this 'recovery phase', feels good enough that he did that and never takes it a step further.

Literally everyone has gone through this phase. Everyone here has the authority to talk about it because they can relate to it. Except here you are, the self-righteous prick, telling people that their point of view is too "harsh" because this is such a loving touchy subject.

Do us all a favor and can it

My advice to you espio is to take up something challenging like exercise. It's not a complex task whatsoever, if you stick to it, it will actually help fight depression and help with self improvement. If you have any gyms nearby, you can also make friends there. Good point to start.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:27:12 PM by IkeTheGeneric »

My advice to you espio is to take up something challenging like exercise. It's not a complex task whatsoever, if you stick to it, it will actually help fight depression and help with self improvement. If you have any gyms nearby, you can also make friends there. Good point to start.
Exercise is also good because it gets you out of the house too. It's not good or pleasant to be stuck in the house all day, all week.
It can just be nice to be out in the fresh air and the sun, and to see pretty places, and to see other people (even if you don't interact with them).

Going for a long walk, or a jog or a run or bike ride could be very relaxing and make you feel better. Just give yourself 30 minutes to an hour, or more, to stretch your legs and have a wander.

i'm 15 and all i do is stare at a screen all day and i'm perfectly happy with my life (although i do want something more)

but yeah! find another job or something, maybe go to the park, mix things up. that's what i would do if i had free reign

Healing? There is nothing to recover from when nothing has happened.
depression is, in fact, something
More pointless stalling before espio actually does something to make his life better, or even worse trap him in some feedback loop of where he goes through this 'recovery phase', feels good enough that he did that and never takes it a step further.
of course you need to take actions to "leave" the recovery phase, but the thing is it actually needs to happen first. he hasn't gotten any help, any medication, and seemingly hasn't talked about it to many people beyond us. i am telling your for sure that, if this really is depression, you can't just launch yourself out of it. you can't get motivation from literally nothing.
Literally everyone has gone through this phase. Everyone here has the authority to talk about it because they can relate to it. Except here you are, the self-righteous prick, telling people that their point of view is too "harsh" because this is such a loving touchy subject.

Do us all a favor and can it
depression isn't a phase, and feeling sad is a whole different ballgame than actually having depression. depression is a mental illness that effects only 6.7 percent of americans, so i would genuinely wager that the people who think you can just start doing stuff by getting nonexistent motivation have never actually had depression. and if they have, it'd honestly have to be pretty damn minor depression if they can say something like what he said and think it's good advice.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:44:42 PM by Poliwhirl »

it seems so far that op is looking like he is ignoring all the best advice he can give, but if that is not the case for me (which it isn't) i might as well give some advice to other young viewers out there that are reading this topic.

A little story though, and I'm just gonna come off clear and decent: I'm a normal 15 year old kid who's trying to get his permit and do cool things with my parents. I avoid being negative in general, spoiled and egotistical and selfish to be precise, towards my parents or anyone in general. I hate arguing to a point where i'm really upset, and I wish I had less of it happening. The purpose of telling this is going to lead to my family's everyday issue that I'm going to address: money. I keep bothering and offering my parents my saved money, I keep saying i want to have a job and make money for the household too, I want to get my driver's permit, and I want to do everything for them and etc. But they either decline my offers or tell me that I'm too young for this.

So honest to god I really wanna do something out there and become an "adult", and honest to god I really would like to make money for myself or for the household I'm currently living in. I feel like I'm not doing anything worthy to the household and I feel like I'm just being wasteful. That's why I have these needs so I can stop being this way but I'm being blocked with an "I'm too young" statement. I wanna do adult-ish things and master things like coding or art to really get there and maybe make money off of doing some cool coding commissions (if that even exists) or art commissions but I have a feeling I won't make it because I'm lazy.

I think it is probably a similar issue I'm having with OP because I wanna do something with life but it's an issue for the sake of my family and my future. For the advice thing, as of now or grow up later, do something and make some money while you're at it. It might as well be really worth it, as a person that has seen commissioning turned into a living for some artist friends.

Also as a fat person that has done some everyday walking exercise, like dooble is saying, exercise is some really really good stuff. Do that too.

Thanks for reading I guess.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:54:46 PM by Timestamp »