Whats the point anymore

Author Topic: Whats the point anymore  (Read 5797 times)

Im 16 but okay

Also in Belgium we dont really have "after school activities" except studying but it has a strict no talking rule ofcourse.
Well as far as I know they dont. Ive been to 3 different schools and going to another one at the start of the new school year but none of the ones ive been to had after club activities
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:40:14 AM by espio100 »

EDIT:I know its probably fun for the years between life and death but, im scared out of my mind if I die with any regrets.
Honestly, if I could, I would just grab my backpack, a handfull of cash, maps and just forget off and wander somewhere. Talk to the nearest truck driver and ask him to take me where he is going wherever that may be. God knows where i'll end up. Might as well be in loving china one month and spain the next.
do it

Im 16 but okay
oh, my bad, i just read the first line in the op lol

EDIT:I know its probably fun for the years between life and death but, im scared out of my mind if I die with any regrets.
You shouldn't be scared of that. It's impossible to never regret anything, whether it's something you did or did not do. You're only human, and humans are far from infallible.

Live life and make mistakes and have regrets. That's what living is.

I can really relate to this thread.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:02:23 AM by cooolguy32 »

Honestly, if I could, I would just grab my backpack, a handfull of cash, maps and just forget off and wander somewhere. Talk to the nearest truck driver and ask him to take me where he is going wherever that may be. God knows where i'll end up. Might as well be in loving china one month and spain the next.
You dont have to die with regrets, consider the rest of what I said, make your life entertaining, the better it is, the more youll look back and think how great it had been. Soon youll get older and see how much more is possible even with bad vision and social problems. Just keep going. Or in other words
Quote from: Walt Disney/Meet the Robinsons
Keep moving forward.
Dont think of what you cant do, look more onto your abilities.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:28:31 AM by Doctor Disco »

it's hard to give advice in this kind of scenario, since confronting your own mortality and coming to terms with your inevitable death is hard to talk about, not to mention something that is usually only figured out by oneself, but i might as well tell you what works for me.

i became a lot happier when i stopped worrying about the cool stuff i cant do, and started appreciating the little things. and when i say the little things, i really do mean the little things. in my opinion, being conscious and physically experiencing the privilege of self-awareness and life on earth is a reward in and of itself. you can experience all new things every day via the internet and books, enrich yourself in new and interesting knowledge, even if it's entirely trivial. basically, a day spent awake is not a day wasted, so long as i am still thinking my own thoughts.

this isnt a perfect solution, as certain mental illnesses keep me from completely fulfilling this philosophy, but what i'm trying to say is find something that makes you content with just living, because just living is the best way to spend your life.

I wrote so much off the top of my head I have no idea if this long pile of stuff text even has any cohesion or can help anyone, ultimately some of you might be better off not reading it, sorry.

I'm 19, 20 in December, have /no/ real life friends, lost my desire to live 3 years ago with a very equal view on all after-life scenarios and a very content view on death itself, life seems to only get stufftier and I might start a second college I might still not like since the first college was putting me in the dumps - nonetheless also completely untrained for, sleep 12 hours a day and typically go to sleep at 5 AM, hence waking up at 5 PM and only having one meal per day since it'd only be worse otherwise, typically waking up feeling like stuff with my whole body desiring to stay in bed for the rest of the day but I at least get on the computer. I also lost all desire to do anything in life, I might want to work for my own benefit (money) but that's all there is to it, I have no desire to have future generations in this family - growing a family, since it'd mean unfruitful hard work.

Do what I do and sometimes watch cat videos at 4 AM if you are in the dumps, which for me is like every other day. Joke aside (though I did something like that in the past), it might be worthwhile finding activities on the computer which can bring you a positive nature. Be it find something you like doing - buy a tablet and start drawing or anything of the sorts, such as writing - since you are a typically enclosed person you might find that your emotions are more easily expressed in words - you could 'write a book' as many of us might've thought of doing at one point but never actually did, or find some series/anime/Youtubers you like and watch them x hours a day.

I can't say I am unhappy otherwise, as my current view in life is "All right, everything is loving stuff but least I can do is stick around and see what happens until I can't push it any further." but seeing I am not physically abused, seriously mentally damaged because of any traumatic events, on the streets, 100% alone (family counts), the only thing that at this moment gives me something to do (computer) works; that statement above applies. I am not happy with the situation I am in, but I am content with staying in it to see what happens as it's not the end of it. There are still events ahead of me which have the potential to radically change something, primarily starting this new college. If it goes well then I might be more positive about it, if it's not - I'll see what happens next when I fail classes, up to the point where one of the above 'end states' apply, possibly family disregarding me although that's perhaps the hardest one to come by.

What is however true is that being 'alone' is your 'fault' in only small amounts of cases. In reality some people simply are not social, and they will be slowly pushed to the side to social groups. I can go out and 'make friends' all I want but if I am not a type of person that likes to talk that'll prove difficult if not impossible since I will simply not make people interested in keeping conversations with me. Back in the past it was not uncommon for me to be invited to 'go out' and never speak or be spoken to, except a casual such as "Why don't you speak much?" or "You're not a very talkative person, are you?".
This is why I squint my eyes at people that say you should go out and 'make friends'. You have been in a scenario where you either didn't need to do that alone, you are a typically social person, or you actually managed to muster up the courage to do so yourself at one point, but ultimately you are not the same person as the person in cause, which might even be in a worse situation than you initially were when you 'went to make friends'. Just because you could it doesn't mean someone else can.
Ultimately friends make friends as well. If you have a group of friends you can easily arm yourself up and go out to meet people at a point only contradicted by being antisocial. If you don't have the desire to talk or make friends that's game over for that vector. However, once you lost any contact, it's only you that can take the initiative, and if you are in a circumstance where this happens it's likely you won't, and that's what some should realize is actually fine - since you would not fare well in another environment anyway. If you built yourself this way you should either live with it or spend your time sulking about the past which you can't change. Either change the future, which in this particular situation is ridiculously difficult since what you've made yourself to be, or be content with the present you are in - I myself am content. My life is stuff, I have no friends, but I managed to put myself in a mentality that it's what I've been doing this whole life, and that it's fine.

The only times I actually regret being alone or antisocial/not-talkative is when I see other people in social scenarios I am not part of but should be. This mostly applies to Skype/Discord/Teamspeak/Groupchats w/e in situations where I should be part of the conversation but instead I am sitting there in silence listening to everyone speak about their stories or whatever shalabajang. Those situations are of course avoidable, either knowledgeably seclude yourself from those scenarios by not taking part of them, although that's a point where you genuinely try to nullify the 'going out' vector - which as I said before is one of the methods you could however make friends IF you are not antisocial altogether and have what to talk about, or you can try to avoid group interactions altogether and attempt 1-on-1 conversations with people on those same platforms. Ultimately speaking is much different than typing, you can't take back what you say, and what you say can deduce emotions much better than typing with your tone, stuttering (case-to-case basis), etc., that's why some people might appear social on online text platforms while otherwise being loners in actual social interactions where they have to speak. I personally feel more comfortable in personal conversations since I save myself the heartache of listening to two people talking for several minutes without paying me any mind or without me having anything to add to begin with. I don't have problems speaking myself but I have problems mustering up subjects to speak about as the small amount of interests I have are rather of minimal knowledge. "You like that anime?" "Yah." "Cool, cool." EOC.

Funny enough Omegle might be pretty fun when you don't meet a person that starts with asl. I found some people that I kept contact with in Steam otherwise and one which I actively play games with... sometimes.

I don't think this whole stuffty read can give you any peculiar solution, but I hope it can give you a better insight on what situation you are actually in, if it's actually that horrible or if you can actually live with it. Being completely friendless in real life isn't the worst scenario you could be in, albeit a path which might get worse and worse unless you find yourself in forced social groups. A forced social group anyone starts with is the neighborhood, then the school. If you don't find yourself in one sooner or later when you'll get to work you'll find yourself in a workplace where you might have after-work hours and such situations which you can either avoid or indulge yourself in a otherwise impossible to get to scenario without friends - such as 'going out' or talking with your colleagues which are going to be in a more professional-friendly stance unlike the potential of having to sustain mockery during school, which is what makes people antisocial; that is, if you agree on the initiative to begin with. The issue of course if you consider yourself unable to work, or lack of reasons to do so / lack of desires or care in life. A situation in which I'm in as well, but ultimately I still got college ahead so I'll just keep going with whatever situation I have right now until stuff happens.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 10:02:30 AM by LeetZero »

You don't need friends to go out and do stuff. Go to the gym, shoot the basketball a couple hours a day, go on a hike, etc. Living an active lifestyle will provide you with a lot more social/career opportunities than sitting inside watching research and playing Blockland all day. Even if you aren't the most social person, you can't be afraid get out and explore the world because sheltering and isolating yourself in the comfort of your home every day will only hinder your development even more.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 10:33:04 AM by Ravencroft· »

Buy a guitar or a wood lathe

Or do what Raven said and start going to the gym

Im not smart. Im not strong either. Im not handsome at all and I have no talent at all.
a lot of ppl arent born with these aspects either, they worked for it

You don't need friends to go out and do stuff. Go to the gym, shoot the basketball a couple hours a day, go on a hike, etc. Living an active lifestyle will provide you with a lot more social/career opportunities than sitting inside watching research and playing Blockland all day. Even if you aren't the most social person, you can't be afraid get out and explore the world because sheltering and isolating yourself in the comfort of your home every day will only hinder your development even more.

Holy loving stuff never did I think that blf would give decent advice. There is so much good stuff and advice on the topic.

In terms of thinking that life is pointless.. well it is and it isn't. Think of the funnest thing you have ever done. Theme park, watching some live show.. playing Blockland. If it's your funnest time, you probably enjoyed it. Now, you most certainly started doing this fun thing, knowing that it would end at some point, as does everything. Now treat life how you treated this fun thing: you know that it will end, but you can still make the best of it. It doesn't loving flatter how you do it, just make the most out of your life, make it fun. Find something, anything, that you enjoy, and keep at it. Do band, find a club in your school that you might like, so you can find people with common interests. Just.. do it. I'm not even kidding, when you're sitting on your ass doing nothing, watch Shial Leabouf "Do It" or listen to some song that gets you pumped up(a song that works with me is Bohemian Raphsody).

I'm not much of one to talk, because ive never had a job and I soend 75% of my free time on my computer doing nothing, but eh. Maybe I can look back on my fake advice and help myself. Oh yea, if you're and unlikeable person, act like a likeable person. No joke, act like somebody that is likeable and not socially awkward. If you're persistent, you will gain these personality attributes and you won't have to act.

i feel the same way espio sometimes, it's okay
i dont really have any friends or any human contact anymore aside from my parents screaming at me or people on discord but i'm not sure if that counts or not.
pretty much at this point ive been so depressed and alone for so long i feel so loving bitter and hateful about everything and i hate it but i dont think i can do much about it unless i make an effort to crawl out of this hole that i dug myself in.

yes if you cry about it some more it will solve itself
not trying to be rude, but honestly the best advice is to just stop being a little bitch about things and own everything you do. too scared to go the gym? dont be a little bitch and own only being able to curl those 15 pound weights. no friends? who cares youre the best company you need dont be a little bitch and loving hang out with yourself or go make some friends

you can better yourself every minute of the day, dont be a little bitch about it

eat some spaghetti and get jacked so you have some self confidence