Author Topic: constantly being kicked from tf2 servers for "vac being blocked"  (Read 8855 times)

lol ikr

if you cheat on any game you deserve this

lol ikr

if you cheat on any game you deserve this
I got banned for cheating like the system was designed to do

Man this is a really terrible system
Can I admit to this here? Oh well. I actually cheated a bunch on games in like 2010 and 2011 over Steam, and never got banned. Not til 2013 when I wasn't even cheating, I literally had Cheat Engine open (which I had used to edit a singleplayer game earlier).

So, you guys should probably stop ignoring facts. That's the job of our Presidential Nominees.

(which I had used to edit a singleplayer game earlier).

Oh gee never mind you're completely clean

Can I admit to this here? Oh well. I actually cheated a bunch on games in like 2010 and 2011 over Steam, and never got banned. Not til 2013 when I wasn't even cheating, I literally had Cheat Engine open (which I had used to edit a singleplayer game earlier).

So, you guys should probably stop ignoring facts. That's the job of our Presidential Nominees.
Valve does lift VAC bans. Although it's clearly too late now, it's possible they would have lifted if you explained the situation.

Oh gee never mind you're completely clean
Uh, you know that isn't a violation of the TOS, right? Half of all Steam games come with cheats. I can't get VAC banned for giving myself gold in Skyrim, dummy.

Valve does lift VAC bans. Although it's clearly too late now, it's possible they would have lifted if you explained the situation.
Well, I did contact them. I was told that even though I wasn't using 'hacking software' it was still a violation of the TOS to have it. Cheat Engine isn't hacking software...

idk it seems like common sense to not have cheat engine open while playing on a VAC-secured server
although i admit that it's annoying that single-player games are VAC-secured, most games have a way to disable VAC
single player games need vac to prevent you from getting acheivments unfairly and getting easter eggs that are supposed to be secret unfairly
I got banned for cheating like the system was designed to do

Man this is a really terrible system
this may or may not be true on alot of things but dont count on it, alot of people on the tf2 discussions fire this off alot but most of the time its true

single player games need vac to prevent you from getting acheivments unfairly and getting easter eggs that are supposed to be secret unfairly
Uh, you know there's a whole market based around modifying and cheating in games? It's called modding. Steam loves it.

Well, I did contact them. I was told that even though I wasn't using 'hacking software' it was still a violation of the TOS to have it. Cheat Engine isn't hacking software...
It's dumb that they didn't lift it, but Cheat Engine allows you to modify the memory of arbitrary applications. Seems like hacking to me.

It's dumb that they didn't lift it, but Cheat Engine allows you to modify the memory of arbitrary applications. Seems like hacking to me.

But having a new car in a game is the same thing!

Except multiplayer games are primarily invincible to that sort of thing, since the content is hosted on another server. All you'll do is cause graphical glitches.
It edits text files on your computer to change variables. Notepad is also hacking software, I guess.

But having a new car in a game is the same thing!
It's worse, actually.

Except multiplayer games are primarily invincible to that sort of thing, since the content is hosted on another server. All you'll do is cause graphical glitches.
It edits text files on your computer to change variables. Notepad is also hacking software, I guess.
You have no idea what you're talking about, just stop.

I've been using Cheat Engine for almost 10 years. I know it's capabilities. Can you say the same?

I've been using Cheat Engine for almost 10 years. I know it's capabilities. Can you say the same?

He's probably not a cheating forget

Uh, you know there's a whole market based around modifying and cheating in games? It's called modding. Steam loves it.

i have lost all respect for you zealot.
you have no idea what you are talking about, there are restrictions for mods and mods that are basicly downloadable hack software get deleted on most games.