Author Topic: constantly being kicked from tf2 servers for "vac being blocked"  (Read 8849 times)

first off: i am vac banned on call of duty. not source. source engine and a call of duty game are different engines. they are not the same vac ban. i am not vac banned on source games.

i hope that's clear.

anyways

i'm having one of the most annoying issues i've ever had with TF2. i'm constantly being kicked on TF2 servers for vac being blocked, preventing me from joining any servers afterwards. usually this happens after 5 minutes or more of remaining on a server. maybe even less. afterwards, i can't join. only way to is if i quit, and that's unfun because i'll just not be able to join after 10 more extra minutes of waiting for the game to launch, joining a server, and being kicked again.

and here's the things to tell you to do:
What does this error mean?
This error is caused by third party software interfering with your game or Steam. To resolve the issue, you'll need to disable or remove the problem software from your
machine. (disable, sure. remove, no.)

What typically causes this error?
There are a number of common software conflicts that can cause this error. If you are running any of the following software, please disable it while playing CS:GO:
CCleaner (i have it installed but it's always off)
Cheat Engine (same as above)
IObit Start Menu 8 (do not have)
Process Hacker (this was never a problem before, but it's even happening when it's closed)
DLL Injectors (don't have)
Powershell (don't use unless needed)

(so yeah, it's not any of the software's problem)

Restart your computer
If the error persists on all servers it may be resolved by exiting Steam and restarting your computer. (YOU WANNA GUESS HOW MANY loving TIMES I TRIED THIS)

Repair the Steam Service
The error may also indicate a Steam service failure. Please try repairing the Steam service:
1. Exit Steam.
2. Click Start > Run (Windows Key + R).
3. Type the following command:
        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe" /repair
4. Launch Steam and test the issue again.
Note: This command requires administrator privileges and may take a few minutes. If you have installed Steam to another path, please replace C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam with the correct path.

(did not do a thing.)

Restore boot settings to default
Kernel integrity checks, kernel debugging, and Data Execution Prevention (DEP) must be set to default to play on VAC secured servers.

If you receive the following error when entering these commands they are already set to default:

The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted.

To change boot settings to default please follow the steps below:
Note: If you are running Windows 8 you will need to press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
1. Exit Steam.
2. Click the Start button, then All Programs, and Accessories.
3. Right-click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator....
4. In the command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
  • bcdedit /deletevalue nointegritychecks
  • bcdedit /deletevalue loadoptions
  • bcdedit /debug off
  • bcdedit /deletevalue nx
5. Restart your computer.
6. Launch Steam and test the issue again.

(again, did not work)

Repair system files
There may be corrupt system files that are causing this issue. The following instructions will run a critical system file check on your Windows installation, replacing any missing or damaged files:

Note: If you are running Windows 8 you will need to press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).

1. Exit Steam.
2. Click the Start button, All Programs, and Accessories.
3. Right-click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator....
4. In the command prompt, type the following command and press Enter:
       sfc /scannow
5. Once the operation has completed please restart your computer, then launch Steam and test the issue again.

(didn't work, again. like wtf)

i'm seriously upset at this. the only programs i have running during playing tf2 is opera, steam, discord, vlc, windows explorer, razer synapse, volume2, malwarebytes anti-exploit, borderless windowed gaming, avira, f.lux, nvidia experience, and sharex.

i don't know why this is happening until now. i should still be able to play because i'm not vac banned on source games, i don't have any bad apps running, i've fixed things like 2 times. i do not know what to do at this point.

someone give me a hand here.

Try removing cheat engine entirely, as in completely deleting the files. It's a longshot but i've heard it work for some people.

When you get VAC banned, you also get VAC banned from any free games that are VAC secured.  Since TF2 is free-to-play, you are VAC banned from TF2.

Either that, or the servers you're connecting to have plugins that check your VAC status.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 01:36:53 PM by KoopaScooper »

On a similar subject, as of today I have been VAC banned from Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (thanks to Cheat Engine in the background) for 1000 days!

When you get VAC banned, you also get VAC banned from any free games that are VAC secured.  Since TF2 is free-to-play, you are VAC banned from TF2.
Not true.

Either that, or the servers you're connecting to have plugins that check your VAC status.
Never experienced this. I don't think this is a thing.

What is your DEP set to?

did you even read what i said
i could still play tf2 before. this is a recent issue. and you don't get vac'd from every free game.

and it doesn't have a plugin. this is happening on completely vanillla servers

What is your DEP set to?

windows essential services only, aka default.

Try removing cheat engine entirely, as in completely deleting the files. It's a longshot but i've heard it work for some people.

Not true.
Never experienced this. I don't think this is a thing.

some servers have sourcebans set to autoban anyone who enters with a VAC ban. i've seen this on 2 servers, the ones i regularly go to don't have it though.

someone told me to do a clean boot on steam. doing that, currently waiting for chkdsk to finish up since it wanted to do one during startup

some servers have sourcebans set to autoban anyone who enters with a VAC ban. i've seen this on 2 servers, the ones i regularly go to don't have it though.
Ah, I stand corrected. I haven't played TF2 in a long time. Sorry Koopa.

I'd recommend restarting your computer and making sure any false-positives like Cheat Engine are off. If not, I'd go to /r/Steam to ask for help.
Do NOT put 'Vac Ban or Vac-Banned' in your title because they have a bot that will auto-delete your post. It's the most infuriating thing.

Not true.
and you don't get vac'd from every free game.
Odd, I've only one ban on my account from like 7 years ago and I'm VAC banned from the majority of free games available on the store pages.
Nonetheless, my bad.

If you get banned from a Valve game, they ban you from all their games. I think other distributors can choose to ban people from all their games as well.

How do you guess even manage to get VAC banned wtf
I've had my account since 2010 and I'm still clean
it's not hard, just don't cheat

How do you guess even manage to get VAC banned wtf
I've had my account since 2010 and I'm still clean
it's not hard, just don't cheat
alot of false positives and malicious people show up and start stuff, other people are too stupid to test on other accounts

VAC is a really terrible system that bans people for cheating in singleplayer or co-op games, and frequently picks up programs (like Cheat Engine) that either aren't being used to hack or couldn't even hack if the person wanted them to. There are thousands of VAC bans lifted each year.

VAC is a really terrible system that bans people for cheating in singleplayer or co-op games, and frequently picks up programs (like Cheat Engine) that either aren't being used to hack or couldn't even hack if the person wanted them to. There are thousands of VAC bans lifted each year.
nothing is perfect, be thankful that they even bother to lift the bans

idk it seems like common sense to not have cheat engine open while playing on a VAC-secured server
although i admit that it's annoying that single-player games are VAC-secured, most games have a way to disable VAC

I got banned for cheating like the system was designed to do

Man this is a really terrible system