Author Topic: [TECH] Apple announces iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, AirPods and more  (Read 8741 times)

omfg "forget apple" is right lmao

some good advice for those looking to buy an apple smart phone: dont
literally everything else on the market is better

I got an iPhone 6S after surviving on a first-gen iPhone up until just about last year. I don't use the phone very often and I didn't really even need it. I'd say my experience with iPhones is that they are perfect for what I use phones for.. to talk to people and listen to music, very rarely games. I'm pretty sure all phones do that just as well, so the type didn't matter.

That being said, the new iPhone is atrocious and everybody involved should feel bad.
Queue "i didnt get a black iphone 7s plus for christmas omg worst christmas ever, i got a gold one" facebook feeds.

Summary: Just get android. Its still made by a greedy company, but that company is less greedy.

Jet Black is the worst color because after two days of using the phone its covered in finger prints and scratches and just looks ugly. The sad thing is actually like the color.

As someone posting this from an iPhone, forget Apple for this stuff.

How big are these loving phones gonna be?

you guys need to realize that this was inevitable

headphone jacks are incredibly outdated, and their mandatory existence gives a thinness restriction on all phones they are put in. now that apple made the first step, we won't have to deal with stuffty tangled wires (there are much cheaper bluetooth earbuds out there), and not only will companies now have more room to work with, there are not many factors keeping them from getting more creative with the shape / size / thinness of their phones.

if you really want those futuristic ultra-thin pads from scifi movies, the headphone jack was a necessary sacrifice.

how thin can the phone even be

ok but they're $150

and you can bet those prices are gonna drop it like its hot once the iphone 7 settles in
how thin can the phone even be
who knows? all i know is that it frees them up design-wise significantly.

Phones can be made thinner because we will use wireless.
The issue with bluetooth and other wireless stuff for audio is that it is pretty lossy. Audiophiles definitively want the extra quality from something wired.

The issue with bluetooth and other wireless stuff for audio is that it is pretty lossy. Audiophiles definitively want the extra quality from something wired.
unfortunately, the future doesnt stop for people with intensified specific interests. (music on phones are a tertiary priority at best anyways. true audiophiles will get a music-specific device) in the next 10 years we'll see a lot of improvements to bluetooth AND phone design most likely, if this catches on. think about it. we could have flexible phones.

we could have flexible phones.
we already had the iphone 6 silly

and you can bet those prices are gonna drop it like its hot once the iphone 7 settles inwho knows? all i know is that it frees them up design-wise significantly.
that looks like ear buttplugs. they probably suck

you guys need to realize that this was inevitable

headphone jacks are incredibly outdated, and their mandatory existence gives a thinness restriction on all phones they are put in. now that apple made the first step, we won't have to deal with stuffty tangled wires (there are much cheaper bluetooth earbuds out there), and not only will companies now have more room to work with, there are not many factors keeping them from getting more creative with the shape / size / thinness of their phones.

if you really want those futuristic ultra-thin pads from scifi movies, the headphone jack was a necessary sacrifice.
holy stuff this is so wrong it hurts
1. no, this was not inevitable. nothing needed to be changed.
2. no, headphone jacks are not "incredibly outdated." They've been in use as long as they have been for a reason: they do their job PERFECTLY. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them. There is no issues with audio quality, there is no issues with latency, there is no issues with size. There are ZERO ISSUES.
3. If you have to deal with "stuffty tangled wires" then your wires are stuffty, too long and you're lazy. Buy a better pair ya lazy cunt.
4. Bluetooth earbuds are more expensive to produce, which means significantly less bang for your buck, and there are many, many disadvantages to them. One of them being half the time you can't loving use them with your preferred device. Everything about them bleeds more money out of the consumer for such little benefit it's laughable, AND it adds in more latency and possibly lower quality. It literally undoes everything that the headphone jack DID RIGHT.
5. The headphone jack does not loving "get in the way of creativity." Holy stuff that should be a loving meme. "GUYS HEADPHONE JACKS RESTRICT CREATIVITY OMG IT'S LIKE 1MM THICK SO BAD"
6. Thinness is stupid. Our phones are plenty thin as it is, literally nobody says "Damn, I would buy this, but it's 0.3 millimeters too thick." LITERALLY NOBODY. Literally EVERY SINGLE CONSUMER would rather have twice the battery life over half the thickness.
7. THE IPHONE 7 IS loving THICKER THAN THE IPHONE 6. The iPhone 7 is 7.1-7.3mm thick and the iPhone 6 is 6.9-7.1mm. That's right guys, they literally could have fit in a headphone jack and avoided this entire thing. They willingly decided to forget over consumers and bleed more money out of them just because they loving can. That is the definition of scummy.

i don't want a thin phone tho
i want to be able to grip my phone without fear of it sliding/falling out of my hands
i want more power in my phone and more battery