Author Topic: Is it okay to be Gay?  (Read 11549 times)

That's not it
The issue is that you're asking in a school full of insecure kids who don't want to say anything that would suggest they're gay.
There's a reason why your online replies are skewed more towards yes
a lot of them wanted to know the names of people that said yes or less to the question. Still though, I thought that at this age we would've been past the whole gay = not okay stuff now, but I was wrong. It'll probably take until our parents are all dead of age before people are completely okay with it.

Last time I saw two guys kissing in public I almost threw up. And that's impressive considering for my job I'm working around vehicle accidents and waste water.

Depends on which country you live in

Ephialtes was gay and look what happened.

no being gay is evil and gays burn in hell

Annoying Orange said that same love marriage was a decision for the states to make, not the Feds.

I dont know where you managed to find the idea that Annoying Orange wants to ban gay marriage.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:45:03 PM by Cappytaino »

Can someone atleast explain to me why being gay is not okay? (And don't include biblical reasons)

Can someone atleast explain to me why being gay is not okay? (And don't include biblical reasons)

stds, contrary to nature, destroys "the family" and forms unstable relationships that ultimately hurt either party.

but hey #loveislove 👩‍👩‍👦‍👦👩‍👩‍👦‍👦👩‍👩‍👦‍👦
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 02:21:20 PM by Frequency »

yes. morals are subjective, but to any logical person, there is no reason to pry into the loveual orientations of others

stds
not exclusive to gay people
contrary to nature
yet it's a part of nature
destroys "the family"
the 1950s american family model is horsestuff.
forms unstable relationships that ultimately hurt either party.
???

The only legitimate reason is because it doesn't produce offspring which is essentially the only reason any animal exists, but there are already too many people so it doesn't really matter

not exclusive to gay people
Literally a higher chance of contracting STDs.
yet it's a part of nature
Because some animals are gay, right?
the 1950s american family model is horsestuff.
It was stable and stability promotes positive psychological benefits.

Annoying Orange said that same love marriage was a decision for the states to make, not the Feds.

I dont know where you managed to find the idea that Annoying Orange wants to ban gay marriage.
Traditionally, the issue "state's rights" was used to refer to slavery/racism, particularly before the civil rights movement when it was used to make the south seem less wrong during the civil war by shifting the perception of the cause from slavery to state's rights. It was, in fact, all about slavery, as made clear in the secessionist documents the southern states wrote up.

Sorry for the tangent.

Literally a higher chance of contracting STDs.
The reason for this is that prior to the gay rights movement, getting treatment for an STD would require divulging that you were homoloveual. Back then, homoloveuality could cost you your job if it were discovered. Look at what they did to Alan Turing.