YouTube introduces system rewarding censorship

Author Topic: YouTube introduces system rewarding censorship  (Read 6792 times)

Because apparently they didn't learn the first time. RIP true free speech.

https://youtu.be/Wh_1966vaIA

Can't watch video rn can someone tl;dw?

They disabled comments lmao

What a loving joke.

Can't watch video rn can someone tl;dw?

It's one of those corporate slideshow type videos. Basically: "Make YouTube a safe place", "Mass flag videos", "Get points for taking down offensive videos". It also rewards for adding captions and helping other people, but the main focus is clearly the censorship capabilities this provides.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 11:44:53 AM by Willymcmilly »

SJW web-police recruitment scheme

smh
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 11:43:48 AM by Valkerone »

Can I report this video? It makes me feel sad and videos aren't allowed to cause me any negative emotions.

I will be surprised if somebody doesn't successfuly make a new site to try and challenge youtube in the next few years based on this stuff they're pulling.

I will be surprised if somebody doesn't successfuly make a new site to try and challenge youtube in the next few years based on this stuff they're pulling.

It would be easier to just move to the already-existing Dailymotion.

Hopefully it works out. YouTube comment sections are loving awful.

Hopefully it works out. YouTube comment sections are loving awful.
I believe when they mean flagging content, they mean videos.

I believe when they mean flagging content, they mean videos.

it's both

Went ahead and signed up for this because it sounds fun. I contribute subtitles frequently and being rewarded for that would be nice.

I went ahead and flagged this video for abusive content that can be used against vulnerable individuals.

This is the stupidest loving stuff. I like how they're like "oh but if you don't want to be our safe space enforcers you can just help people on the help forums and add subtitles to videos and etc." but doing just those two things won't get you nearly as many points and benefits as mass-flagging videos you don't like.