i sorta saved a dude's life last night

Author Topic: i sorta saved a dude's life last night  (Read 19892 times)

Because it's better than just eating up mainstream opinions to fit in

Well like I said I agree with what the OP did, and I also said that I believe all suicidal people should seek urgent care. I said that if someone makes a conscious and lucid decision that they want to die, then they should be able to. "conscious and lucid" obviously implies that the person in question is fully aware of all the implications of Self Delete and alternate pathways.

Your perception of "life sucks" might be different from what other people's perception of "life sucks" is. Recovering from the brink of Self Delete generally requires money, friends (or some kind of social support system) and stuff to do. As in, more than some patronizing cunt telling you the same old shtick about how great happy times are just around the corner like they have been for years. Not that I'm calling you a patronizing cunt, but it's generally what it boils off to.

i get what you mean, sorry for being so aggressive in my first message. i just recently had a good friend of mine try to commit Self Delete and i was a bit on edge. i understand what you were saying, i thought you meant just somebody going: "i want to die" means that they should have the right to die, not considering all options.

When i use to work fast food I would be the one they put the most often on trash duty. While i was out in the 'lobby/dining' area changing out the main trashcan, a man walked up to me nonchalantly. I thought he was waiting to use the new trashcan and thought nothing of it. When I finished changing it out I looked up to see that he was actually standing there with a horrified look on his face and he was pointing at me and then to himself. He managed to squeeze the words out "choking" and for some reason my reaction was

"Oh, you're choking." In a weird semi-irritated way.

I turned the guy around after that weird realization and positioned my arms around him for the Heimlich maneuver. Mind you, there were 3 EMT's I didn't know about having lunch in the corner that day, and I had aimed the guy who was choking right at them, though they didn't notice. For me this was when the panic set in and i wondered if i had even practiced the Heimlich enough to know what the forget I was doing. Luckily, it only took me about 3 squeezes into his upper abdomen before a soggy french-fry came careening out of his mouth and literally onto the tray of the nearest EMT guy. When they finally noticed all 3 of them were all over the guy checking to see if he was ok and stuff. Since they had been busy and at it for the next 10 minutes I saw it fit to finish taking out the trash. When all was said and done, the EMT guy got his food replaced after the incident and the whole squad of medical technicians received praise for saving the guy. The guy who had been choking sought me out on facebook later on and thanked me along with 4 tickets to loving Carowinds. The manager had also noticed the whole thing that went down on the camera aimed at the front door and i got my employee meals free for the rest of the month.

I am the hero that Gotham needed
I'm honestly sometimes afraid that I am the only person around to save someone like this and I totally botch it. The guilt would be so horrific.

lol you saved his life and he gave you tickets to a waterpark

i mean unlike you he's actually arguing pretty cogently so why dont you shut up about completely unrelated things

sure looks better than this stunning commentary

I know you think a simple image is an argument but do you actually believe "What the forget does this even mean" is something that made me think "Damn! This'll really kick his ass! Wait'll he reads this!!!"

How am I loving dismissing you when you keep making statements to try and de-validate my points and pin the whole situation on me, like you've been doing ever since I've joined BLF it seems? Stop hopping on my ass in hopes to get me banned or some stuff. You've been doing it for loving ages now and it's irritating as all hell.
i haven't been hopping on your ass ever. i'm making statements to try and invalidate your points because this is a loving discussion where i share a different opinion from you. you're reading way too into this. i don't think there was ever any situation nor have i ever tried to pin it on you.
you know what's irritating as hell? you blowing your loving top over any minute issue ever. any time there's any discussion or drama you go into full handicap mode and from 0 to nuclear.

No, I'm making smart assumptions about stuff and actually thinking it through, instead of going "welp his life forgeted he should kill himself lul" like you are. You're not even putting any loving thought into what will happen and what he will cause with his decision, you're being just as selfish as he is.
your assumptions may be smart (subjective) but they are just that, assumptions. i'm stating what i truly believe in because i believe that nobody's life really matters. what gives you the say in how thought out my beliefs are? forget you
how can i be selfish when my mindset affects no one but me

I'm saying it's healthier to live out your life trying to make the best out of it is much healthier than being a depressed forget and trying to kill themselves like you're trying to defend for him doing. Living your life moving on from bad emotional stuff from the past and trying to make your life worth while is always much better decision in the long run. If you can't, then get others to help you. There are psychiatrists, doctors, friends, family, phone hotlines, activities, etc are all things that can help you move on with your life and make yourself happy.
again, this is all just assuming. i'm telling you that you are not wrong nor right but it will be dismissed because you just assuming.

It's much more healthy for you to know what will happen in the far future and to try your best to make your life worth while.
assuming, dude. i can't say that you're right or wrong because i don't have an answer.

I do because it's a valid option and it most certianly is possible. For him, he could've just visited his children and family to help him feel better overtime which in the long run would help him move on and for his ex-wife and kids to move on as well. I'm highly sure that he doesn't want to put his family and children in the immense amount of stress that Self Delete would cause.
assuming again, dude. no comment.

Keyword: thought. I never went through with my idea. Why? Because I knew what stress I would put through with my parents and what huge amount of trouble they would get in with the law, and what huge amounts of stress and stuff I'd put through with all of my friends, close family members, relatives, cousins, and quite a large amount of people who know me as well. With the help of a few of my closest friends and with myself, thinking about what stuff-show me killing myself would cause, I decided not to do it and I managed to get myself to move on. Sure I still get major depressed spells. But instead of trying to killing myself over and over, I look to the brighter sides of things and talk to my friends and help myself move on and feel good again.
if you really wanted to kill yourself you would've done it. you didn't go through with the idea because you didn't want to kill yourself.
your steps may work for you but it has a chance of not working for anybody else.

Like you said, life is what you make out of it. Do you choose to make it into a living hell by dreading on stuff and killing yourself, or do you make it a good life by being optimistic and trying to be happy and moving on from the bad things in life, not letting them bring you down?
i don't choose to make life a living hell. i choose to make it into a motherforgetin paradise where i can enjoy it. this will happen soon once i get a job and finish school
you're also assuming that you have to be optimistic to be happy and have a good life

protip: even though my replies may be small i still read and acknowledge all of this

your assumptions may be smart (subjective) but they are just that, assumptions.
again, this is all just assuming.
it will be dismissed because you just assuming.
assuming, dude.
assuming again, dude.
bro it really looks like you are trying to run away from his argument right now

I know you think a simple image is an argument
... actually I dont, that's why I referred to his posts as a 'cogent argument' and yours sarcastically as 'stunning commentary'. you would realize this if you exerted basic reading comprehension..
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:06:03 PM by McZealot »

bro it really looks like you are trying to run away from his argument right now
but that's just it: there's no argument
it just looks like an essay of things that someone could do to overcome depression and suicidal thoughts
i'm implying that his extended family doesn't care and you're implying that they do
we have no information to support either argument so agree to disagree
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:08:04 PM by Daswiruch »

if you really wanted to kill yourself you would've done it. you didn't go through with the idea because you didn't want to kill yourself.

Again, context matters a lot when it comes to problems like suicidal urges. Usually there is something that is happening or that has happened in somebody's life that may be overwhelming them. They may feel cornered or trapped, and it feels like there's no way out. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

... actually I dont,

There have been plenty of times when you've acted like you do (getting all fussy, calling people starfishs)
I know reaction images aren't the best thing for somebody to post when they're arguing with someone, but I'm not arguing, unless you constitute a picture and two questions as such

I don't think you know what you're talking about.
yes, i don't
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:15:14 PM by Daswiruch »

itt: Dasirwuruch is Edgy

Again, context matters a lot when it comes to problems like suicidal urges. Usually there is something that is happening or that has happened in somebody's life that may be overwhelming them. They may feel cornered or trapped, and it feels like there's no way out. I don't think you know what you're talking about.
He doesn't. Self Delete isn't something that you just do. It's like standing on the top of a burning building and having to decide whether to let the flames take you or jump off. Everything comes to mind, your past, your family, your friends, hell even your pets. You realize what you're going to leave behind, the people that would be affected by your choice. That's why people decide to not take the leap. Because of that small voice in the back of your head that tells you that you live for those people. Those people make you happy, and the little things that you do with them, like laughing and smiling, that's what keeps you going. At least, for me.

he literally has no idea what he's talking about

he literally has no idea what he's talking about
i already said this*
yes, i don't
*about the subject of suicidal urges

then you aren't allowed to make the decision whether Self Delete is an option