Author Topic: Blockality weapon pack V3  (Read 38484 times)

blockheads proportions are not scaled with humans at all. the items shouldnt be either.

look at h+k for a good example

Good to know you aren't taking criticism seriously.
Yes lets make weapons that look near identical to their real life counterpart look unrealistic
Trust me I get what you're saying but I have no idea why everyone complains about shoulder clipping?
If it breaks that "immersion" factor, think of it simply put as the player is tucking it under their shoulder as you would IRL
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 07:27:02 PM by Sheepocalypse »

Yes lets make weapons that look near identical to their real life counterpart look unrealistic
Trust me I get what you're saying but I have no idea why everyone complains about shoulder clipping?
If it breaks that "immersion" factor, think of it simply put as the player is tucking it under their shoulder as you would IRL
well if the stock was under the shoulder it'd be a different thing. yours are actually inside the shoulder

rare footage of blockality being used ingame

I introduce to you, the most anticipated weapon pack of 2020. The most immersive installment in the high poly genre to date.

Experience the immersive environment made possible with next-gen gaming technology. Pre-order today.

Maybe we would listen to your thoughts if your "Criticism" wasn't a bunch of insults to describe the pack. Grow up and learn how to give constructive criticism Look at the good and the bad, don't be a Smart Ass about it.

Just... bad gun play. Snipers are unrealistically inaccurate, weapon spread in general is just ridiculous. The lack of visible projectiles makes it hard to tell where to aim and the recoil makes it horrible to aim properly whatsoever

Snipers are only accurate when standing still and crouching, this is too prevent run-and-gun snipers. Weapon spread in automatic fire, and when moving is also not as good as standing still and or using Semi Auto, use Semi auto for long range, and keep still. Use Auto for CQB... Simple. I swear some of you don't read the OP. Lack of visual projectiles is a poor critique as you can easily judge your shots by means on the impact particles, on top of that tracer rounds are kind of counter productive and not very many armies use them.

Yes I can understand the stocks clipping through shoulders and we will work on a possible fix for that. But as far as the style goes.... Hey, I get it, its not like T+T or H&K but just because it isn't doesn't just make it automatically a bad weapon set. It has unique values and characteristics that require a change in play style to use properly That's the whole point of the pack, to be something different.

Pros
-Smoke effects look neat
-I think there was a gun sound I liked
-Despite being really flawed you did produce a lot of it. Props to that I guess?
-A few of the gun models are kinda close to looking fitting minus a weird high poly sight or some other detail that sticks out.

Cons
-Throwing out ammo every time you spawn is really stupid. Guns should start with ammunition. There is a difference between realism and good gameplay.
-Stocks, but that's been mentioned.
-The models in general don't seem at all proportionate. I can have a thick smg while having a twig thin sniper
-Thematically none of it fits in well. I understand wanting to express creative freedom but it just doesn't look appealing. It's like giving a lego figure a toy soldier gun. Just because it isn't hk or something doesn't make it bad, I've seen other weapon packs with varied model styles that still look fitting. This just doesn't. Different doesn't mean it can be excused for being bad.
-Generally the conflicting ideas of realism and fun gunplay are weird as hell. You make people drop ammo on spawn and don't have traced rounds for the sake of "realism" but you force inaccuracy on snipers that are moving and force a headshot only playstyle due to the incredibly low body damage.

not to be rude but
why would you hold a m249 with one hand
that's just um
it's stupid.

why would you hold anything when your hands are just floating and have no structural support to begin with

why would you hold anything when your hands are just floating and have no structural support to begin with

We simply pardon the lack of structural support.

not to be rude but
why would you hold a m249 with one hand
that's just um
it's stupid.
Are you suggesting
adding hands?

If any of you are still really skeptical on how you can't rooty-tooty, join CT's server. Not only is it fun but also brings out more of the realism factor.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:47:18 AM by Sheepocalypse »

You guys are being richardheads he put a lot of work into this, I think its really cool especially how each weapon has its own set of attachments.

It has unique values and characteristics that require a change in play style to use properly That's the whole point of the pack, to be something different.
except it's anything but different. there are more weapon packs like this than not.

here's the thing. blockland has created it's own combat style which does in fact require a lot of skill to not even just master, but get used to. I used to hate it but I've spent the past year and a half mastering it, im not there yet but I'm getting pretty close. i love playing games like randomiser, classic dms, even that gun game that someone hosted a couple months back. all of these things utilise the unique combat style blockland has.

when a weapon pack like this comes out, it's basically a middle finger to anyone who really enjoys blocklands combat, because it's anything except blockland. there's no skill to using these weapons. every pre teen child downloads this with their rock hard passion for games like battlefield and call of duty, they don't even try to realise what blocklands combat has to offer. yeah, it's tough figuring out. honestly that's not an excuse though. there are plenty of people younger than me who can surely kick my ass. basically what I'm saying is, if you want realistic weapons, play a realistic game.

I don't understand what you're getting at. Take a game like Battlefield 2 right, some guys make a mod called Project Reality which alters gameplay and gunplay drastically to the point where its not even Battlefield anymore. But is it a bad thing? Nope. People loved it and there are still servers on it today.

The issue is, you're comparing this pack to every other pack that is purposely focused on the classic Blockland style combat.