Red Dead Redemption 2 - Coming Fall 2017 to PS4 and XBOX ONE - Trailer Released

Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2 - Coming Fall 2017 to PS4 and XBOX ONE - Trailer Released  (Read 8155 times)

Basically, Rockstar need additional time to make the necessary changes to build the game for PC at a high standard to avoid the same problems they had with the GTA IV port.
What was wrong with the GTA IV port?

That's pretty odd if they're actually going with the Redemption 2 name instead of the usual subname but okay.
Super cool that they're actually going through with another Red Dead game.

What isn't super cool is that it once again it isn't coming to PC :c

That's pretty odd if they're actually going with the Redemption 2 name instead of the usual subname but okay.
Super cool that they're actually going through with another Red Dead game.

What isn't super cool is that it once again it isn't coming to PC :c
Its not like they have a habit of releasing their games on pc at the same time as the console versions, people should know this by now.

Id rather wait a while to get a quality pc version than some stuffty ass port. Id rather they focus on releasing a console version then spending all their time AFTERWARDS working on a much better and well optimized pc version. A lot of AAA games suffer from having a subpar pc version simply cause they just port it.

I'm planning to play Bully soon, it would be cool if they could make another one some time but I doubt it'll happen any time soon.

I'm angry but happy at the same time. However, they might release the PC version in 2018, which I can't wait for. Spoilers will leak and I want to see the game for myself. This happened with me during the release of GTA V. Rockstar is too late.

i remember when rdredemption was newish and ppl kept asking for a sequel called red dead revenge about jack getting proper revenge or something

even though he already does that in stranger missions in redemption iirc

Its not like they have a habit of releasing their games on pc at the same time as the console versions, people should know this by now.

Id rather wait a while to get a quality pc version than some stuffty ass port. Id rather they focus on releasing a console version then spending all their time AFTERWARDS working on a much better and well optimized pc version. A lot of AAA games suffer from having a subpar pc version simply cause they just port it.
I don't really care even if it took 10 years for a PC port to come out, I can wait and if they spend more time making the port good then the better. Having the assurance of it coming to PC would be nice considering the Red Dead games unlike the GTA games, have all been console exclusive so far.

SUCK MY rooster AND BALLS PC HAH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH

(laughs in playstation)

What was wrong with the GTA IV port?
From the Porting Disaster article on TVTropes:

Grand Theft Auto IV, for a good while, had a particularly infamous PC port, not only thanks to noticable performance issues and a clumsy mouse and keyboard interface, but particularly because Rockstar decided to package the game with an extra piece of software known as the Rockstar Social Club, a utility created to handle the game's multiplayer connectivity, which in its original iteration would run on top of the game (along with SecuROM and the infamous Games for Windows Live) and nag you to log into it not only whenever you wanted to play, but on startup as well. The controls can't be changed (a feature that has been standard even in the DOS era). It was so bad that Steam gave out refunds to angry gamers. Since the game's launch in December 2008, many of the game's performance issues have now been ironed out, and Rockstar Social Club has been integrated into the game software itself... almost a year and a half after launch.

Version 1.0.4.0 ran at an acceptable framerate and is generally recommended by most gamers on low-end systems (at the cost of not being able to sign in to multiplayer). This wasn't the case with 1.0.6.0 and 1.0.7.0 — despite Rockstar's claims about the shadow mapping system being "less memory-intensive", it actually accounts for the decreased framerate after updating to the said patches.

looks like we're returning to the old gang in a prequel fashion

i've heard dutch may be the new main character which i'd say is a possibility, given his role in RDR, but it's all pretty much just talk for now
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:20:44 AM by Decepticon »

no pc release? 0/10 would not play