0 (0%)
Props not being able to snap to building grids
4 (40%)
Shop employees demanding money while closed
0 (0%)
The severe lack of WATER PARKS!!!111
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Planet Coaster - Anniversary Update!  (Read 29618 times)

I guess I just don't see why the whole thing is staying so low to the ground and ending with so much speed left over. Assuming that picture shows nearly the full ride, I don't see any large hills or even airtime hills. This is just my opinion, so take it as you will, but I would redo the layout to make it more compact and have airtime. Maybe an out-and-back layout would work nicely.

I guess I just don't see why the whole thing is staying so low to the ground and ending with so much speed left over. Assuming that picture shows nearly the full ride, I don't see any large hills or even airtime hills. This is just my opinion, so take it as you will, but I would redo the layout to make it more compact and have airtime. Maybe an out-and-back layout would work nicely.
The first curve actually goes up to more than half of the first drop's height.

The reason why there's no airtime is because this coaster is supposed to be based off of a Giga coaster I've seen which only has large curves near the ground.  I wanted this coaster to maintain high amounts of speed for most of the ride.  Also, I was off about how the coaster averages around 60-70mph.  I just recently check how fast the coaster goes around the curves and it averages around 45-60mph.  It's still fast but not as fast as I thought it went.

Alright sure, it's up to you I was just telling you my own preference. I'm sure even if that coaster stays near the ground it probably has at least one bunny hill, like Intimidator 305.

Yeah, I'll still take your thoughts and consider changing a few thing with the coaster.

Bump
Planet Coaster has released a minor update that has added a new flat ride.

You can view the topic here for more details about the update.

Also forgot to mention that Fronteir will be announcing something big 12 days from now.

Also forgot to mention that Frontier will be announcing something big 12 days from now.
is it planet coaster related or were they just really vague about it

It's Planet Coaster related but they're being very vague about it. It's probally going to be a paid DLC for waterparks since these are the same people who worked on RCT3 and all of the expansion packs for RCT1&2.

Yeah a Soaked!-like expansion pack is very likely. That's probably why updates have been somewhat slow and small recently. Everyone is going to gobble it up too, waterparks are loads of fun.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of their other DLCs will be a Zoo expansion pack aswell.

Sure, following the Soaked! then Wild! paradigm would be an obvious move for Frontier. Honestly, I'm hoping that they do something along the lines of shows + parades + fireworks as well though (maybe hotels too?).

Just a quick update on my park.  Here's a few screenshots of a minor town that I'm working on.

And here's a sneak peek of on of the rides that goes through this town.

Bump
I decided to do a quick side project yesterday.  I made a short go kart track based off of an arcade game.

god damn i wanna make something cool but i need the motiviation

god damn i wanna make something cool but i need the motiviation
just look at older roller coaster tycoon 2 parks on youtube