Rogue One: A star wars story Post Discussion [SPOILERS]

Author Topic: Rogue One: A star wars story Post Discussion [SPOILERS]  (Read 7051 times)

Just finished it

Better than the force awakens in my opinion and the ending with Vader is loving sick it's cool to see a young Vader go ham on people

I LOVE HOW THEY CLIP IT ON WITH IV!
this so much.

the final 5 minutes or so when they escape in the smaller ship flows so flawlessly into ep. IV that i was kinda dumbfounded for a bit at how simple yet effective it was. it was so well done

Two questions

1. Cus I don't really know much, how did they generate the clip of Leia at the end

2. Does A New Hope take places moments after Rogue One

Two questions

1. Cus I don't really know much, how did they generate the clip of Leia at the end

" Grand Moff Tarkin and Princess Leia Organa are physically played by Guy Henry and Ingvild Deila, respectively, with digital likenesses of Peter Cushing and Carrie Fisher superimposed over their faces in the portrayal, while archival audio of Fisher saying "Hope" was used to voice Organa"

and yeah its probably a short time after

So I went with my brother to see this movie for his birthday and we were running late because the popcorn machine was broken for like 20 minutes. We went into the theater and it was some dude with a stick doing kung-fu on troopers in a city, I thought we were in the wrong showing. We sat down for a few minutes and I realized I forgot to wash my hands before I started eating. I went into the washroom and it was there I realized I forgot to get a gift for my brother so I made a quick run out of the theater to the nearby stores. He really likes his Nike gear so I walked across the mall to the Nike store only to see it was closed for the day, I figured he would settle for Adidas so I went and got him some nice Adidas clothes. At this point I was pretty hungry so I stopped at the food courts for a bite to eat. My friend works at one of the restaurants so I waited for his lunch break so we could eat together. After our meal I went back to the theater, and when I walked in I saw some dude and lady get nuked while they are hugging and a knight kill soldiers with a red glowstick. Did this movie make sense to anyone else? It seemed pointless and contrived.

A New Hope is actually 10 minutes after the ending.

-rip already taken down-

heres a stuffty version of the final Darth Vader scene watch it while ya can
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:15:48 AM by SlayerZ99 »

halo reach star wars edition
Really though.

It's a direct prequel to the first installment that ends with a critical piece of data being delivered to a ship that's about to flee a planet that's getting the stuff nuked out of it. Also all the main characters died.

that darth vader scene at the end was sick as tits. the whole film was probably better than force awakens but its been a year since ive seen it so it could be a close one.

yo the two main characters in this movie were so damn bland. jin was the blankest slate since neo, there was so little given about her backstory or her character, she felt so oddly empty in a series where generally every single character is quirky and interesting. seriously, try to sum up her character in a couple words, cus it's effortless for every other character. bodhi - nervous defector. k2 - frank badass. donnie yen - quaint force monk. jin - cool? rebel chick? there's like nothing to her at all. and then forgetin frank luna's character, cassian, i was blown away by how they didn't do anything with his character. remember at the beginning when he kills that poor dude in cold blood? i was ready for a super morally questionable rebel dude who did bad stuff, and then for the rest of the movie he did nothing at all! he was basically a goody two shoes after that stuff.

it really soured a lot of the movie for me. i still liked the action, the worlds were neat, and all the side characters were real fun, but man. say what you will about TFA but at least finn and rey are full of charisma and charm in that movie, and i cared about what happened to them. these two were sandbags with guns and dark clothes on. there was also a lot of fan-service in this movie, and i'm not talking about the cool stuff with vader, i mean like when they bump into the miscreant aliens from mos eisley in jeddha, or that super awkward cameo of C-3P0 and R2-D2 - if you're gonna go for a gritty war movie, don't try to be cute.

They felt like cheap nostalgia milking toy-seller movies. (TFA & R1)

What I like:
I grew up with the 2000s prequels and absolutely loved the intense, prolonged lightsaber battles, notably darth maul vs obi-wan / qui-gon jinn
and anakin vs obi-wan over the lava.  
Even the classic 70s/80s movies had some cool saber battles and crazy jedi flips, like luke on the diving board above the sand pit.  
All those movies also had those classic long cut scenes with easy transitions.

R1 had one cool vader scene at the end & a funny droid; that's all I enjoyed.

Why I think these movies sucked:
1. Almost no lightersaber duels.  
2. The prequels & originals had characters you cared about and rooted for -- this last movie when they all died i didn't feel any emotion at all because we hardly got any character development.  
3. Filming style.  I absolutely hate the vomit inducing millions of quick cuts & out of focus shots that are way too close up.  Combine all that and you get a headache quick.

The latest two star wars just didn't deliver much for me.

the rogue juan

aside that is this movie even worth watching, would a person who has never watched a star wars movie in his life understand.

why do my rogue one boys gotta die

damn nammit

The ending was really awesome :D
But yeah adding to what tezuni is saying, this modern filming style kinda ruins some of it, these extremely close up out of focus shots :C
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 09:41:41 AM by JumboMuffin »

They felt like cheap nostalgia milking toy-seller movies. (TFA & R1)

What I like:
I grew up with the 2000s prequels and absolutely loved the intense, prolonged lightsaber battles, notably darth maul vs obi-wan / qui-gon jinn
and anakin vs obi-wan over the lava. 
Even the classic 70s/80s movies had some cool saber battles and crazy jedi flips, like luke on the diving board above the sand pit. 
All those movies also had those classic long cut scenes with easy transitions.

R1 had one cool vader scene at the end & a funny droid; that's all I enjoyed.

Why I think these movies sucked:
1. Almost no lightersaber duels. 
2. The prequels & originals had characters you cared about and rooted for -- this last movie when they all died i didn't feel any emotion at all because we hardly got any character development. 
3. Filming style.  I absolutely hate the vomit inducing millions of quick cuts & out of focus shots that are way too close up.  Combine all that and you get a headache quick.

The latest two star wars just didn't deliver much for me.
for rogue one, i agree with some things but i gotta say that its important to remember the jedi that were left after order 66 were mostly in hiding at this point so seeing a duel was probably out of the question. especially after darth vader already forgeted up a lot of the jedi who survived order 66 so those remaining probably didnt wanna do a lot of dueling with him

although I agree all the characters really felt boring I actually liked that better because since this movie kinda bridged episodes 3 and 4 and was mostly filler i didn't want to be too attached to a character

also having all the good guys die is what i've been waiting for in a movie which is cool

then forgetin frank luna's character, cassian, i was blown away by how they didn't do anything with his character. remember at the beginning when he kills that poor dude in cold blood? i was ready for a super morally questionable rebel dude who did bad stuff, and then for the rest of the movie he did nothing at all! he was basically a goody two shoes after that stuff.
 from mos eisley in jeddha, or that super awkward cameo of C-3P0 and R2-D2 - if you're gonna go for a gritty war movie, don't try to be cute.
they shoulda had cassian kill jyn's father that wouldnt added a lil more to the film
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:46:15 AM by SlayerZ99 »