Author Topic: Steve5451 is safe  (Read 12276 times)

erm

here we call them mental hospitals

and we tend to treat patients as human beings

where you're at is nothing like where im at then, apparently where im at also supposedly applies for the majority of freedom land

someone post the "concerning message" i'm actually concerned about im rn

someone post the "concerning message" i'm actually concerned about im rn

Scroll through the pages please

Scroll through the pages please
just did gave up halfway before. now I found it.
thanks

where you're at is nothing like where im at then, apparently where im at also supposedly applies for the majority of freedom land
i think your definition of mental hospital is the one used for the extremely and clinically insane. for Self Delete patients its less hospital and more enforced therapy. theres no need to actually start isolating them from society - they just had suicidal thoughts and with enough therapy usually this can be turned around.

and uh i dont think they design the hospitals to be blatantly prison-like. that helps nothing and would probably only further worsen a patient's condition. harsh treatment of patients has historically proven to be a terrible decision and has caused mental hospitals to shift tones drastically to the point that they're more like private (albeit inexpensivr) retreats with therapy rather than prison-like.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 09:51:58 PM by Conan »

I hope Steve's Christmas wasn't too bad. Hope you get better man. Tempted to make a Get-Well card like we did for Greek2Me.

i think your definition of mental hospital is the one used for the extremely and clinically insane. for Self Delete patients its less hospital and more enforced therapy. theres no need to actually start isolating them from society - they just had suicidal thoughts and with enough therapy usually this can be turned around.

and uh i dont think they design the hospitals to be blatantly prison-like. that helps nothing and would probably only further worsen a patient's condition. harsh treatment of patients has historically proven to be a terrible decision and has caused mental hospitals to shift tones drastically to the point that they're more like private (albeit inexpensivr) retreats with therapy rather than prison-like.
doing some research im seeing different handlings of mental hospitals in different states

this is nothing more then something i noticed but some of the worse handling of mental treatment seems to come from republican controlled states like mine

while more democratic states often handle it much better and separate insane asylums from mental hospitals.

but either way theyre sort of actually isolated from society once that happens, not for long but they are.

another thing to note is that what makes a prison so bad is the atmosphere, im more referring to how youre detained as a reference to prisons as youre actually stripped of your freedom with no actual want of that happening(most of the time)
i imagine the atmosphere is a lot more better which is how some of these stuffty mental hospitals get away with it.

also i dont mean to turn this into a political argument so pls dont derail that way.

also i dont mean to turn this into a political argument
this is nothing more then something i noticed but some of the worse handling of mental treatment seems to come from republican controlled states like mine

while more democratic states often handle it much better and separate insane asylums from mental hospitals.

Can you actually explain rather than posting reaction pictures

Can you actually read the things I quoted rather than being a dumbass

well i mean it doesnt sound too improbable. one could say democratic states spend far too much money caring for the insane compared to republican states and still sound about right

but fair enough, research and sources should be provided. it's still better to ask directly rather than post ambiguous reaction pictures. it only makes you look like you dont take the topic seriously

Hey decoy, any updates? Kinda peeling the skin of my thumb thinking he's in a mental hospital.

I hope Steve gets the help he needs to recover.

I don't like copy/posting my own stuff like I'm spamming multiple threads, but I want it said over here as well. Wasn't even going to acknowledge this thread but now that the fights over "proof" have broken out...

It's fights like these, and spamming posting of multiple topics, that is the exact reason why I didn't want people to make a giant fuss. Frankly, I think it should have been kept private between Steve and his in-real-life contacts, with him having the choice of who to discuss it with, if he wanted to bring it public. He may not even be comfortable with others knowing about his issues; most people who have depression don't want to discuss it.

It's a nice notion, but I don't think anybody would want their private issues splattered all over the front of Off Topic.

I know that if I was in that kind of state, the last thing I'd want to see is others all commenting on something really deep and personal about my situation. I don't think anybody's real life has a place on these forums; at least not without their direct consent. I would even believe Steve may have avoided telling his own closest friends too, so why should a bunch of strangers on an online forum get permission to blab about it?

I can only ask politely that both OPs (Clownfish and McZealot) consider this and lock the topics and we all move on. I don't condemn people messaging him love and support in private, but given how Thorfin's topic turned out, and how other Self Delete topics have turned out (anyone remember that one topic about a famous internet celebrity who Self Deleted back in like 2013/2014, and how heated the discussions got?), when it's this close to home, we just don't need the drama.

Clownfish
i didnt make a thread tho i just overreacted on discord