Author Topic: Why is the LGBTQ+ community upset with Annoying Orange winning?  (Read 11610 times)

when do all the gay death camps open up that the libs promised would come.

when do all the gay death camps open up that the libs promised would come.

not soon enough tbh

Cause it's not? For something to be a disorder, it has to actually cause them harm.

Wanting to cut off your genitals is harmful.

OT: because they are willfully ignorant and want some big baddy to hate. Annoying Orange even said he doesn't give a forget if they use the bathrooms of their "preferred" gender.

Thinking men can turn into women is harmful

so are a lot of cosmetic surgeries. can't imagine you'd whine about someone wanting botox

so are a lot of cosmetic surgeries. can't imagine you'd whine about someone wanting botox

I'm also not paying for it through the taxes

well that's pretty loving handicapped
you're dismissing the issues of lgbt because of the minority that acts like loving dipstuffs and whores attention out of it?
Not the issues, I'm dismissing the movement itself, you can still be for things such as gay rights and gay marriage and exclude yourself from that movement, no one's forcing you to be a part of it.

For instance I support some things that Annoying Orange says, but I don't support the man himself, I used to early on in the election cycle, but after more things have unfolded I've just stopped giving a stuff about him, but the ideals that I shared with him and agreed on are still prominent.

I can buy that feminists have a serious problem with conveying their ideas in an appealing way on the internet. And by that I mean, lots of them are annoying.

But I don't think any of them are saying, "give women more rights than men." Do you have any examples of feminists doing that?
well of course none of them will say it word for word but this is an accurate representation of what I'm referring to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1JQUG7doCE

I'm also not paying for it through the taxes
It's no more subsidized than anything else, and the procedures are so rare anyway that the cost is negligible. Should we cut surgeries for people with obesity-related complications since they just ate themselves sick? Or should we deny lung transplants to people who smoked until their lungs fell apart? Applying these weird kinds of moral dualities to medical issues is a seriously dangerous slippery slope.

well of course none of them will say it word for word but this is an accurate representation of what I'm referring to
See, my only beef with this is that the phrase 'top feminist' means literally nothing. Feminism is a decentralized social movement, meaning there's no central authority telling feminists what to do/believe. So just because one feminist thinks one thing does not imply that any other feminist thinks the same.

For instance, let's say a top Republican politician has gone on the record as advocating for conversion therapy as a treatment for homoloveuality: a procedure that often involves electric shocks. Does that mean all Republicans think we should electrocute gays? Of course not. The vast majority of them would never advocate for that.

Because you lose organs? That seems like a malformed definition of 'harmful' when we're talking about surgery.

Someone gave him this at a rally a while back.

Hes even been preaching about protecting the LGBT community from a "hateful and foreign ideology" (gee wonder what that could be)

So if anything hes a pretty pro-LGBT republican
He preaches about protecting everything, even groups that he's planning to forget over. Also, that flag is totally upside down btw.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 01:54:04 AM by SeventhSandwich »

It's no more subsidized than anything else, and the procedures are so rare anyway that the cost is negligible. Should we cut surgeries for people with obesity-related complications since they just ate themselves sick? Or should we deny lung transplants to people who smoked until their lungs fell apart? Applying these weird kinds of moral dualities to medical issues is a seriously dangerous slippery slope.

They aren't going to loving die if they don't hack their snake off Seventh

Because you lose organs? That seems like a malformed definition of 'harmful' when we're talking about surgery.

Life saving surgery =/= wanting to be something you are not.

They aren't going to loving die if they don't hack their snake off Seventh
Life saving surgery =/= wanting to be something you are not.
Maybe not the best brown townogy, let me try again - if someone is born with a deviated septum and is in constant discomfort, but it won't kill them, should their insurance not cover treatment?

Maybe not the best brown townogy, let me try again - if someone is born with a deviated septum and is in constant discomfort, but it won't kill them, should their insurance not cover treatment?

I actually have a deviated septum so no go forget yourself. Unless they are actually having issues breathing it isn't a big problem.

I actually have a deviated septum so no go forget yourself.
I'm talking about a seriously deviated septum, or like some sort of hugely uncomfortable skin condition - the specific details here are unimportant. If someone has a medical condition that causes them serious discomfort - but does not threaten their life - should they not be allowed treatment?

I'm talking about a seriously deviated septum, or like some sort of hugely uncomfortable skin condition - the specific details here are unimportant. If someone has a medical condition that causes them serious discomfort - but does not threaten their life - should they not be allowed treatment?

You are comparing a physical problem with a mental problem, a mental problem, might I add, that can be treated with medication and not the slicing of ones genitals.

You are comparing a physical problem with a mental problem, a mental problem, might I add, that can be treated with medication and not the slicing of ones genitals.
So you would at least support covering HRT if it works effectively as a treatment for GID? At least until more rigorous studies come out and show if love reassignment is an effective treatment?

it isn't just slicing or cutting off it's re-arranging to create something similar to the opposite love's
sometimes the physical problem is part of the mental problem and people who have that degree of gender identity disorder need the genital reassigment surgery for the problem to fully go away