Lego Worlds Topic - [Out of Early Access Now!]

Author Topic: Lego Worlds Topic - [Out of Early Access Now!]  (Read 8204 times)

refunded this game for guns of icarus online and some tf2 cosmetics

changed to march 2 http://steamcommunity.com/games/332310/announcements/detail/675939811041901624
now it says march 7th. if it means making this game more stable then i'm fine with date reschedules

i don't like how this game limits your character customization like there's barely anything you can do to mix and match the outfits to look cool

it bothers be there's barely any bricks too. like if this game was made to beat blockland the only thing that surpasses it is the generated terrain and that's about it. i really want to play this game long term but it's hard to enjoy it
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:29:54 AM by Trogtor »

i want cosmetics from the older sets, like insectoids and ice planet ;(

i want cosmetics from the older sets, like insectoids and ice planet ;(
It would be extremely bad business sense to promote parts you're not actively manufacturing any more, especially given how had it is to switch out and maintain the moulds used to make LEGO bricks.

mods maybe tho!!
We know how to extract (some) model formats from Tt games, but I don't think we've yet properly injected new models. Texture edits and configuration edits are e-z though.

woot

also apparently theres an unused helmet in the game called "glass helm" or something with the exact same model as the one used in instectoids, altho instead of being trans light green it is just clear

update is our and it's AMAZING

It would be extremely bad business sense to promote parts you're not actively manufacturing any more, especially given how had it is to switch out and maintain the moulds used to make LEGO bricks.
I'm not quite sure that's true
I doubt they'd just get rid of the old molds, and I doubt maintenance is an issue
it's more likely they've moved on and stopped producing box sets that use the parts
and from what I remember most, if not all, of the lego brick creation is automated and actually pretty small scale for what it's producing

I doubt they'd just get rid of the old molds, and I doubt maintenance is an issue
Moulds are extremely expensive to create and maintain and have to be chucked at the first signs of defect (LEGO Bricks are precise to 10μm, and any defect can ruin that and render a brick incompatible).

LEGO will usually archive at least one mould when a brick is no longer in active rotation, but not with the intent to use those moulds again, simply for legacy preservation. Benny's Spaceship is a good example of where a NUMBER of new moulds had to be built so they could redevelop parts from the Space theme that hadn't been used since the 80s.

and from what I remember most, if not all, of the lego brick creation is automated and actually pretty small scale for what it's producing
No, LEGO has 4 manufacturing plants and 4 packaging plants dedicated to operations (it should be noted that some of these are for specific types of orders; for example, the Czech one is for Pick-and-Mix orders IIRC), and these are loving massive factories. The actual process of refining the plastic pellets, moulding and sealing them, applying prints, cataloguing them, eventually picking them out for packaging and shipping is a MASSIVE undertaking.

Fun fact, I'm in the LEGO Worlds Special Thanks section. See if you can guess who.